“Why won't they give us our Hilton points for a 6 week stay?”

Homewood Suites West Palm Beach
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Seattle, Washington
“Why won't they give us our Hilton points for a 6 week stay?”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I would absolutely give this hotel 5 stars but for the problems we've had with management regarding our reservation issues and the fact that they refuse to give us our Hilton Honor's points after having stayed there for 6 weeks, that's a lot of points. My boyfriend and I stayed there in January 2013 on an extended basis as I was having a procedure at a nearby hospital The first problem,we reserved the room for the night before our arrival as we were taking a redeye and would arrive very early the next morning. They didn't hold our reservation even though we secured it with a credit card and fully expected to be charged, isn't that the point of a reservation? We had to wait several hours for our room to be ready, we spoke with the day manager and he was rude about it as well. My boyfriend is a Hiltons Honors member and paid for our room for 6 weeks. Hilton was having a double points promotion at the exact time frame we were there, however, he hasn't been able to receive even the regular points since our stay back in January. 6 weeks is worth a lot of points, why on earth is this a problem? It is now April, and we still have no answer after repeated requests.
That alone soured what was otherwise a really good experience, thanks to the warm, kind and friendly staff who went out of their way to acknowledge me daily and always asked if there was anything I needed, particularly the always smiling Robert and helpful Jose (not sure of their positions as they would roam the hotel performing various functions, but they should be in management). The aptly named Angel and Linell, my housekeepers always attentive. And Regina at the front desk is superb. As an airline crewmember, I stay in hotels for a living in the U.S. and abroad, and have never experienced such kindness from hotel staff. I only wish that the management of this property would follow the model of their staff when it comes to customer service. We are still waiting for our points 3 months now.
Other details: Good pool, free internet (if a bit slow), if your DVD isn't working, they can fix it. Nice happy hour and breakfast. Cheery, warmly decorated rooms, nice fan in bedroom. Nice business center.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank west5er

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Breakfast was blah, no food at the manager's reception.... Room seemed clean, but not super quiet.. all was okay. Nothing spectacular. Nothing awful. Front desk clerk was not helpful when we asked info about area; could have tried harder...

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

good location, about 3 miles to restaurants ,publix ,and pubs and easy access to the fairgrounds.
Nice breakfast, complimentary beer and wine with compimentary light dinner. Free internet, and parkingn was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We host events every month at this hotel, and I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about the hotel and stay. The accommodations are great especially since you receive a free breakfast and dinner. Very cozy and comfortable environment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Peachtree City
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was my first stay at a Homewood suites and it was very much a success. The staff from maid to manager was exemplary. I told the manager the shower door was broken and it was fixed when I came back to the room. Room looked great and we given extra pillows and blankets. Food was decent and the dining area was kept clean. There is a children's hospital nearby and a lot of disabled children in the hotel. The staff seemed to know them by name and were always giving them extra attention. I will be staying here again and looking for a Homewood Suites in any city I'm in for more than a day or two.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel is short distance from the beach and City Place. The free breakfast and dinner exceeded my expectations!! The room was comfortable and spacious. I was able to take my morning run in the neighborhood and go to the gym. The staff and the level of customer service was the icing on the cake!! I have traveled to almost every state in America and the customer service at this hotel is second to none. Shout-out to Josh and the evening crew!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We have never stayed here and am used to staying in more upscale accommodations. We needed a place to "spread out" our family of five post-cruise. Got the 2 room king suite that easily gave us all plenty of sleeping space. Room was nice, clean, staff was nice, the lobby meals were fine, and overall provided us with a lower cost alternative to other hotels. Would stay here again!