“Beyond our expectations”

Homewood Suites West Palm Beach
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and needed a hotel for a night. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor (Thank you for this site by the way, you guys are awesome!) we decided on Homewood Suites. The hotel was conveniently located near I-95, in a decent neighborhood, and the price couldn't be beat on Hotels.com. We knew we'd be there only for a short time so all we really cared about was that it would be clean and safe.

We got much more than we expected! We arrived at the hotel around midnight so check-in went fast. I asked the clerk for a late check out (1pm), no problem. He gave us our code for the free WiFi and told us about the complimentary breakfast in the lobby till 10am the next morning. We appreciated this little perk but we already knew we'd rather sleep in than eat.

We were on 5th floor (the top) in Room 503. VERY nice! We were really impressed by the quality of items in the room. It was a studio with a small kitchen, living room area and a king bed. First the kitchen... like I said, small, but very well equipped. It had a decent sized refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher... all stainless steel. Granite countertop with a 2 burner range top and a garbage disposal. In the cabinets were cookware and dinnerware. A small coffee pot was on the counter with two coffee packets. A packet of microwave popcorn was included which I thought was a nice touch. A calendar was posted on the fridge that listed specials, I assumed from the restaurant on property along with a few suggestions of things to do in the area. There was also a shopping list. Apparently the hotel will shop for grocery items and deliver them to your room, along with laundry and dry cleaning services. Another nice touch. The living room had a couch (A fold out I think), a coffee table, two side tables with lamps and a wall unit air conditioner under the window. Near the middle of the room was a table with a flat screen tv (nice size) that could rotate in any direction for viewing. Across from the tv was another table, lamp, and chair...perfect for business. At the far end of the room was the king bed (very comfy to us, but I guess that's relative) and two nightstands with lamps. Bedding was nice quality with plenty of pillows. On the side was an open room was a vanity area including an amenity kit and a big closet. A walk in shower (very large) and toilet were located in a separate room. The whole room was modern and tastefully decorated. We were very pleased.

After a restful night's sleep we checked out and decided to take a quick look around downstairs before leaving. The hotel's lobby had a fireplace with a big flat screen tv. There were numerous tables and chairs, which is probably for the complimentary breakfast. The lobby looks out over the pool area which includes a small putting green. Inside, there's another room that houses a billiard table (another interesting amenity that you don't normally see in hotels but we liked it!) and a few chairs and a small library. Overlooking the lobby was an open room for the breakfast bar. Pretty standard for most hotels that serve complimentary breakfast, but it did include free coffee all day for guests.

Even though it was only for a short time, Homewood Suites made us feel very welcomed. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Matter of fact, we'll look to Homewood Suites first in other areas for future hotel stays if we can.

Room Tip: Get the top floor if you can. You'll be guaranteed no foot traffic above!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pyrewacket
jasonpoynter, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Your review is the most thorough one I have read to date. Homewood Suites has won the J.D. Power award for the third straight year and 9 of the last 12 years for best extended stay hotel chain. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I loved staying at the Homewood Suites West Palm Beach. I arrived very late (1:30 AM) after a flight disaster, and checking in with Eugene definitely helped my mood. He was so cheery, patient, and helpful even though it was the middle of the night!

The room itself was awesome, as it was HUGE. I think it was actually bigger than the Washington, DC studio I live in... It was very clean and nicely decorated- a great place to return to at the end of the day. There was a coffee maker with to-go ups- very nice for the mornings. I also really liked all the counter space outside the bathroom for getting ready.

I found the mattress a little hard, and the air conditioner was a bit noisy in the night so I had to turn it off. But overall I LOVED it here and would definitely recommend it to anyone. All staff were incredibly nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Room 510 is great! Pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments. Our suites are probably bigger than some studios in larger cities. We will recognize Eugene at our next morning huddle. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our whole family stayed one night at the Homewood Suites WPB in August....on our way to Marsh Harbour. It's an excellent hotel. The rooms were VERY nice, with separate sleeping/sitting areas, full kitchen. Shuttle that picked us up at the airport and will take you anywhere (took us to the Target after arriving) for a small charge. Very good breakfast, eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. We were very pleased and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
jasonpoynter, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for the review! We are glad you liked the room and our breakfast. I hope you had a great time in the Bahamas. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our stay was due to a medical necessity and Jason Poynter and the rest of the staff are the best ever ! Aside from the fact thaT THE PLACE IS METICULOSLY CLEAN, KITCHENS ARE WELL EQUIPPED, and rooms are very pleasent. the staff goes above and beyond to serve every need you have. Nice breakfast buffet and dinner served also, fresh , tasty appetizing food. Need a cab , they're on it ! Your loss if you go to West Palm Beach and fail to stay at Homewood Suites. My family will definitley return and Thanks Jayson for Everything ! You are a true assett to your company ! Jeff Lebanon, Pa.

Room Tip: Any room would be delightful !
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff L
jasonpoynter, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you very much for the gracious compliment. We hope your grandson has a successful recovery. We will see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This review is written with a little mixed feelings. It was a good stay but it could have been better.

We arrived at the Hotel around 2PM and were told the room was not ready yet and to come back. Our traveling companions asked if we could do a pre-check in but we did not get an answer. So we left to grab lunch

We returned around 5PM I believe, and was probably given the worst room, #100 next to the Manager’s office and all the foot traffic of the elevators. And slamming of the side exit door to the parking lot. Luckily we were only staying one night and we just needed a place to sleep the night.

We went to see if we could get our room changed, and were told that we could not because they were booked solid and our room, (check this out, ready?) :
“was the only room with two queen beds” Seriously?? Room #100 was the only room with two queen beds in the hotel
I’ve stayed in Homewood Suites before and the rooms have been a little larger and spacious (four of us were staying here, which is why we selected Homewood suites)
This one seemed a little small and cramped maybe because it’s the left over room (give it to last people to check in) room next to the manager’s office. #100
However, the room was clean, it had it’s own living room, fridge, dishwasher, microwave etc. The blow dryer did not work, (good thing I always travel with a blow dryer). Kitchen and eating area was cramped, comparison to other Homewood Suite properties I've visited. Beds were very comfortable
They had warm full breakfast in the morning, with eggs, sausage links, cereals, bagels and a waffle station etc.... I recommend getting breakfast as early as possible. Because at 10 AM on a Sunday morning it’s like a stampede, everyone is trying to get breakfast and there’s a wait for the waffle station, especially if you get inconsiderate guests that use both waffle machines to make like 12 waffles. By the way each waffle takes 2 minutes to make. I waited like 30 minutes in line to get one waffle. So was the waffle any good for the wait you ask? It was a decent waffle, should have just had a bagel, would have been faster. Scrambled eggs and sausage was good.
So the final thing that put a damper on this stay, was when we got the hotel receiptl,(they slipped it under the door)
The room was only $115.27 total on the Homewood Suites receipt.
We had booked with Expedia, it is probably the last time I will book with Expedia ever again. We booked with Expedia because it claimed to have the cheapest rate of $109.65 a night, total Charge of $141.24 (taxes and extra guest fee )
When I had gone online to book directly with the Hotel it had given me a rate of $129 or $139.00, at the time, so I went with Expedia with a Finall price of $141.24
So I feel that Expedia ripped me off $26.24.
The Hotel did not bill an extra guest charge and the nightly rate was $103.85, occupancy and sale taxes $11.42
Needless to stay, that the next time I will call the Hotel directly and ask them if they will honor the rate that these companies like Expedia are advertising as the lowest rate and confirm these extra guest charges
I did some searching on the internet about calling Expedia about getting a credit for the difference in the over charge, but many commented that they won’t budge on it. (So I'll avoid the headache) Some also claimed that when booking hotel stays through Expedia, you usually get the worst rooms because Expedia gets the rooms at a discount

Well it’s a lesson learned, I will make sure to check rate with the Hotel directly with a phone call and possibly negotiate and also assure to put in a request not to be given the room next to the manager’s office or near the elevators or the first floor

Room Tip: Make sure to avoid room #100, next to elevator and side exit door to the parking lot
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Piggy2luv
jasonpoynter, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear about your mixed feelings about your stay. Our check in time is 3 pm and on this particular day we were sold out. We accomodate early check ins when the rooms are available. Please contact me at jpoynter@otodevelopment.com so that I can discuss your stay in further detail.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Found the front counter staff really friendly and helpful. The room size was ok and the kitchen was good. The complimentary breakfast and dinner (with beer or wine) was nice.

It is a little out of the way so a car is needed. The internet was a little slow.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fungus-feet

We are glad you liked our hotel. We are in the last stages of upgrading our internet speed. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Well, we stayed in a variety of places on our recent road trip through Florida. Some were historic, others were economy, etc. But this place was great; two rooms, two flat-screen HD TVs, clean, and by far the BEST bed we slept in. And, we got it at a bargain price!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We are delighted that you feel the way you do! Our hotel has great spacious rooms and tons of amenties for the value. Thank you for staying with us!