“Slightly above average Homewood”

Homewood Suites West Palm Beach
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed May 11, 2011

This is one of the newer Homewoods. I travel 130+ days a yr with Hilton. So I have plenty to compare to. The rooms here are big and pretty new. The parking near the building is poor, but plenty a little farther away. This hotel is in a somewhat iffy part of town, near some dangerous areas (I used to live in WPB). But this should not be a problem. Just keep your wits about you at night. The breakfast was simply awful. The eggs are dehydrated, very very very salty (I still taste salt half hour later), and the regular coffee was totally empty. No bananas. The dinner last night was probably ok except I'm vegetarian and everything had meat in it, even the salad - which had fish in the Caesar dressing. I did eat plane pasta and a roll, which is better than nothing. There was no butter for pasta or roll. Other than that, the internet access is at the bottom of the pile for the hotels I've visited. Very, very slow and unreliable. Takes a long time to get to anything. The room is really nice and big. Despite the couple of gripes, I would stay here again, eat my own food, and use my own internet. The room is worth the price. All the 5 star reviews though are a bit exuberant for what is a nice place, but not 5 star.

3  Thank NB099
homewood2455, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites, we are committed to offering a great stay to our guests, so we will do everything we can to satisfy every guest, we are scheduled to have an upgrade tomorrow with our internet provider and hopefully this will help with the speed of the internet service. I noticed that you said you would stay with us again, when you come back let me know and I will make sure we have something available for you without meat. We will make sure we improve the food offerings. Again thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I live in Jacksonville, Florida, but frequently find myself in West Palm Beach for business. I can say that I have literally stayed at every single hotel on Metrocentre Blvd., as well as two other hotels across the street, and this one BY FAR surpasses all of the others. The rooms are so nicely decorated that I almost felt as if I was in an apartment instead of a hotel. The rooms are very spacious, and the bed is so comfortable. They even provide complimentary dinner in the dining area! If you ever find yourself in the area, definitely do yourself a favor and stay at this hotel. :-)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
homewood2455, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about our hotel. We are so glad that you feel comfortable and at home. We strive to make sure all of our guests are happy. The next time you are in the West Palm Beach area we hope that you will make the Homewood Suites your hotel of choice.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Any businessman that comes to Homewood Suites in West palm Beach for business should not pass up the Homewood Suites on 45th Street, centrally located to downtown and right off I-95.

From the moment I arrived on my 14 day assignment beginning April 28, 2011, I was greeted with professionalism and courtesy to the highest degree by every staff member. I even got a Welcome check in message from the GM that afternoon to assure me that my stay was most welcomed and if I needed anything further not to hesitate to phone her directly.

My Room, 309 is a suite with a separate sitting room and desk, couch, coffee table, and flat screen TV, complete kitchen with stove top, full size refrigerator, microwave, appointed with granite tops, and cabinets to store dry goods and food items for a long stay.

A private bedroom adjoints the sitting area, with King Size bed and the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept in...and I travel to 20 different cities per year!

The facilities include a business center, nice gym and daily breakfast and afternoon dinner if desired.

I would highly recommend the Homewood Suites in West palm Beach to any business traveler who values quality service and top flight accomodations. Don't pass this one up!

1  Thank EB5VISA
homewood2455, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about our hotel. It is our goal to provide the best service possible to our guests. We hope you will look to Homewood Suites in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

I was just moving to florida and i needed to stay somewhere and i cam across homewood suites by hilton when me and my wife walk in we where greeted with such graceful smile and a warm welcome from the front desk and they check us in and told us about the dinner ther was serving that nite and it was great too end up meeting the gm and the agm we didnt even kno they where they where so helpful and nice serving us our dinner how i found out i ask them can i leave a note for ur manager and to my surpise they both saidd they where the gm and agm now thats what i call team work . also the rooms where soooooooooooo clean that u could eat off the floor (not that i do that) but thats how clean it was but the staff was very very wonderful i will tell everyone about my stay its something i will never forget .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2011

Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you found the Homewood Suites West Palm beach, and that we were able to make you feel like it was a home away from home, that is our goal to make sure everyone feels at home. We wish you the best with your relocation and if there's anything we can help you with in the future please feel free to give us a call. Again thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites West Palm Beach.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

Traveling with a group of friends for a quick weekend "girls getaway" and we could not have picked a better hotel. Not only was the staff extemely nice but also so clean. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends!!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
homewood2455, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

Thank you for your feedback, we are so happy that you enjoyed your girls getaway and that you choose the Homewood Suites. We strive to make sure our staff is friendly and that our rooms are clean, we hope that the next time you are planning a getaway that you consider us.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

This was my first of hopefully many business trips to the area. As someone who spends about 30 nights a year in hotel rooms, I am always weary at new locations. It was a pleasant suprise to find a warm smiling face to greet me as I checked in late in the evening. The property was properly mantained; hallways well lit and free from debrit. My room was squeaky clean and the bed extremely comfy. I enjoyed a quick bite in the morning and checked out to another smiling face.
While this stay was short, I look forward to many more in the future. I hope to be there long enough to utilize the full kitchens in the suites. I highly recommend this hotel to my co-workers and friends.

2  Thank FloridaConch1

Thank you for your feedback. We also hope that this was the first of many visits to the Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, we look forward to having you stay with us again and we will welcome you back with smiling faces. It is our goal that everyone leaves our hotel happy, we love to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you want to come back. Thanks again for choosing the Homewood Suites West Palm Beach.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

I travel very frequently and my favorite hotels are the Homewoods. This hotel was VERY disappointing, as was the service, the cleanliness of my room (specially the refrigerator!) not to mention the state of the carpeting! For the first time in my 6 years traveling, I actually checked for bed bugs!! Gross overall! The 100% satisfaction guarantee ? Out the door because I had pre-paid! All of this with me being a Diamond Hilton membervw/ over 600,000 points. I can only feel sorry for leisure travelers here. TERRIBLE!! What a disappointment ...

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank caroleona
homewood2455, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2011

Thank you for your feedback, We are glad you choose the Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, during your stay in the West Palm Beach area, we apologize for the problems you encountered, we have fixed the carpet issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers and we assure you, that if you give us another opportunity you won't be dissappointed in the near future.