“Wish there was a closer place for simulcasting the the PBKC”

Palm Beach Kennel Club
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the oldest greyhound racing tracks in Florida.
stewwwie1
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Wish there was a closer place for simulcasting the the PBKC”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went to catch a couple of dog races and the Preakness. Not the usual packed house so that was cool. Went to the snack bar for something to eat and drink. The workers were engaged in some sort of conversation amongstthemselves and there were at least six or seven people on the line. The kept jabbering away in creole and ignored the line. Everyone left the line and went elsewhere. I went a placed some bets on the next race. Came back in about fifteen minutes and everything that I asked for they did not have. Asked for a Rooneys Ale and was watching a the nasty women behind the counter poured a couple of dollars worth of beer down the drain. I was handed a dripping wet glass, it was luke warm and tatsted horrible. Should have thrown it in her face, but instead chucked it in the trash, not worh making a scene over a couple of dollars. The worker there are horrible. They should fire them all and start over with some young people that know how to smile and be polite and say thank you. These old women make it seem like they are DOING YOU A FAVOR! Bathrooms were bad and I was so disgusted I left before the Preakness ever came on. Maybe I will have to fly up to NY to see the Belmont Stakes. Sad part is that I have been going there for years and it never changes! LOL

Visited May 2013

• Finnish first
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun spot to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have lived in Palm Beach County for over 15 years and avoided this place thinking it was going to be a dirty undesirable place. On a fluke yesterday a friend and I ,along with my son (9yr) went to watch a few dog races and the Preakness simulcast. After valet parking we entered the Paddock Restaurant and had lunch trackside while watching a few races . The place was surprisingly clean the food good and the live action fun . PS The ladies room was immaculate .

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jjdess
“PBKC is the best!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

PBKC is the best! Bronx3014 is a moron to say it's boring if you don't bet the races or play poker, that's their business idiot!

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Here Comes Rusty! Watch the dogs run.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to the dog races at the Palm Beach Kennel Club a few times. I go with my dad when I visit him in Florida. The place is not glamorous, but very serviceable. Food is routine,-concession food-not great. And not much for a vegetarian, like myself.. They do have a better restaurant, but I've never been. I go to see the dogs. It's actually an unusual way to kill a few hours. On Saturdays, Grayhound owners from an organization which promotes adoptions of retired racing Grayhounds come around with their dogs-all retired racing dogs. That's kinda cool. They'll talk to you, and you can pet the dogs. This is a real novel exprerience. If you are flying into or out from West Palm Beach Airport (PBI), the kennel club is right near the airport. There are a few hotels nearby. Inside the kennel club there is a little poker room with games going on. It reminds me of the poker games from old-time movies. If you go to the kennel club, you may want to call ahead and see if there are any events scheduled, or make reservations for their better restaurant. If not, this could be a unique, low-key way to spend some time. You can bring your own food, I think. I don't particularly like the exploiting of animals, but the dogs seem well-treated, and meeting the people promoting adoption of the retired dogs was very poignant. Even if you don't want to bet (I don't), it's worth going-at least once.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank robindiamond
NM
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fabulous time!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went on March 9, 2013 (Saturday) with my dad. This was my first time at the dog races, and had a blast!

We stayed at least 2 hours there.

Visited March 2013