“The Good, No Bad, and The Funny”

SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed June 14, 2010

The SpringHill Suites of West Palm Beach is pretty close to being a gem of a hotel.
Everything that I encountered seemed to be in new condition. Nothing seemed overly used or worn out or stained or offensive smelling. The staff was nice, the parking was adequate, the breakfast and breakfast area was sufficient. The fitness center was good but very chilly. The lobby internet computers were a plus. And the room itself was very comfortable in size and provisions, and with a spacious bathroom, too.

And now for the fun stuff. We checked in to our 2 double bed room for a three night stay. Oh, look. One bed has four pillows and the other has one pillow. The hotel fact sheet from the internet states that the kitchenette is a sink area with a refrigerator, microwave and silverware. Okay, I see the sink and refrigerator, but where is the microwave and silverware? Open up the cabinet above the sink and there is an electric outlet labeled “microwave”. The only thing on the shelf was the ice bucket and I’m sure that does not get plugged in. The fact sheet also claims the room comes with a hair drier. But where? And the trash cans have no plastic liners. And trying to figure out the master lighting switches was a bit confusing.

Now I wouldn’t come to the conclusion that all rooms in this hotel are like this one. Some might even be missing the bathroom. Sorry, just had to keep the fun going. Housekeeping must have been in a hurry, or who knows what?

Okay, so I explained to the front desk all of the above that afternoon and next morning as all of this was unfolding.

Obviously, the apologies were abundant and sincere. They couldn’t explain the lack of pillows but assured us that housekeeping would supply the remainder which they did. The hair drier was actually kept in the closet with the iron and ironing board (which makes as much sense as a partridge in a pear tree) but housekeeping dropped another one off anyway.

They couldn’t explain where the microwave oven went but it was returned to the shelf on our second day. Maybe this is a 130 room hotel with 129 microwave ovens and they keep rotating them? And as for the silverware? It can be found inside of the microwave oven. It’s a sealed packet of a plastic fork, knife and spoon like you get at the food court of a turnpike rest area.

They also claimed that housekeeping does not use plastic liners in the trash cans. Now that can get disgusting considering you’ve got a kitchenette and you’re preparing small meals. I was told they dump the contents and rinse out the containers. Funny thing is, oh look, now there are trash can liners (on our third day).

We eventually figured out the master lighting switches on our own. Oh how we kept searching for a switch for the light over the sink!!!

Okay, so with all of these abnormalities how can this place be nearly a gem? Because of the newness of everything, and the obvious comfort the hotel provides. And I’m sure if I were to stay there again, I would not be giving the same unusual review that I just made. The access is very easy off of I-95 and the hotel is comfortably sandwiched between other hotels just off 45th street. Yes, I would stay at this SpringHill Suites again, but keep in mind this is not the Waldorf Astoria.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95

Reviewed May 26, 2010

Stayed here when flying in late via WPB. Hotel is very nice for a 3 star category. I believe it is only about a year or so old. Lobby is nice & clean (decor and style good too) and so was room. Quiet. All suite hotel. Clean towels and linens. Room furniture looked brand new; kitchen and living room area nice also. Carpet was not worn. Continental breakfast had a variety and was filling. Staff working the breakfast not so nice...
All in all, I would stay here again b4 the hotel gets dated.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I almost always find something wrong but this hotel was great! The only thing was something minor. I did not have a blow dryer in the room but they got me one immediately. We stayed 3 nights. The first thing I noticed was how big the room was! My husband and I have a 14 month old and we were so happy with the extra space. The room was clean. They gave me extra towels when I requested them. I was VERY PLEASED with the breakfast bar! It was stocked very well every morning and if I needed anything the attendant got it for me. The staff were very helpful and courteous. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2010

We booked a room at this hotel for one night rather last-minute and got a great deal. It is located in West Palm Beach in a complex with several other hotels that all look alike. The lobby and hotel rooms are very stylish and spacious. The lobby has a sitting area, breakfast area, and buffet, as well as two computers with free Internet access. The free breakfast was pretty good. Staff were cleaning up around us. Newspapers were available. The hotel room was clean and big, separated into two sections. I felt so comfortable that I could've stayed there for a week or longer.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StickerShock
Reviewed January 7, 2010

My husband & I stayed for x1 night at the Springhill Suites by Marriots in West Palm Beach area. I am very happy to recommend this hotel. It is new, and very clean, pleasant and the rooms are just so nice. The internal decor is really eye-catching, the bedrooms have a really modern and fresh look. Breakfast is a buffet and is good too. It has a small gym that looks great - nobody in it ~ as usual, as well as a swimming pool. For the money you pay - this is very very good value. Even my husband - who is Mr Miserable and critiques everything, was impressed. So much so, that when we moved on into our time-share - Mariotts at Ocean Point, he was very upset ~ as that was not so nice in comparison.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

This hotel was amazing. The design of the room was great. Everything that is needed is there - a small kitchen, living room, desk, and sleep area with comfortable bed. The complimentary breakfast was good, which I very rarely enjoy even when included at hotels. The pool was out of service, but we weren't looking to swim so it didn't impact this excellent stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

As a Gold Elite member, I have always expected Marriott branded hotels to be good or better than average. This relatively new property has broken that trust. We arrived on a Saturday night and the place was not really busy. Was given the key cards in a prompt manner. Upon entering the room, several things were immediately noticeably wrong. The windows were filthy with hand prints all over it. The bathroom had no towels and the floor was never mopped and had dirty foot prints and shoe marks. Then to top it off, the TV remote was no where to be found. We initially called to just have towels delivered, but after a 30 minute wait, I decided to head to the front desk. I learned that there was only one staffer in the whole place, and he could only rectify the problem by switching us to another room. OK fine with me, but was given a much smaller room and the inconvenience of lugging the bags one more time. The place was thankfully quiet through the night. The complimentary breakfast was a zoo with food and coffee in short supply. Just amazing how a new property could be poorly run. I'll skip this property next time we are down in West Palm Beach.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family