“Excellent Choice”

SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Excellent staff; friendly and welcoming. Rooms very comfortable and made to perfection. Got to know several staff by name. Breakfast very good but pretty much the same each day; well presented; healthy choices available; food fresh and hot with continuous staff oversight. Coffee 24 hrs a day. Hotel lobby and facilities very clean. Second time staying here; will be back next year!

Room Tip: Handicap room if needed is exceptional; close to lobby and parking
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ChasP165
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear ChasP165,

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. I am very happy that you had such a good stay and that the staff did a great job for you. It is always nice to work with a great group of people like I do. Thank you for the great comments! I will revisit the rotation of foods so it does not seem like we are serving the same foods everyday.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The desk staff was wonderful, they were extremely kind and caring during our stay. Thank you Justine. The facility was very clean and the rooms were comfortable. The breakfast was very good, with plenty of options and a continuous flow of hot food. Upon checkout, the hotel manager on duty was very accommodating to a late checkout. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was near the elevator, but it was not loud.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Stacey P

Hello Stacey P,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for a great survey! I am very proud to have a great lady like Justine working here. She will be very proud to read this. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Happily, I normally am able to give Marriott properties 5 stars, as I find there quality and service excellent. In this case, I am deducting a star for two reasons:

1. The tub drained really slowly, leaving me and my wife each standing in the shower water. On the plus side, when I told the front desk upon checkout, they indicated that they would tell maintenance. However, I can't imagine that the room attendant should not know that a drain will not drain…
2. At breakfast, there was virtually no attendant to keep things stocked and picked up. There were no napkins available. Another guest had left a used plate on the breakfast bar rather than throwing it away. (Ew). Although it was cold outside and in the hotel, the bananas were warm to almost being hot.
2.b. Upon exiting our room to go to breakfast, the room attendant asked from down the hall if we wanted our room made up. We had no coats, luggage, etc. with us and were obviously going to breakfast. Why would we want the room made up when we would be returning in a half hour and were checking out that morning. On the plus side, at least she asked. (Probably would not mention it, but for the other annoyances).

The hotel was very busy that day (I got put in an accessible room over my objections because that was all they had), and it seems like that is when you would have plenty of staff paying attention to the common areas.

In short, not a bad stay, but not up to the typical Marriott par. They displayed 4 stars in their lobby, and that is the correct rating.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us last month and taking the time to write this detailed survey. I am sorry that your stay did not go exactly as plan. You are correct, we were very busy during that time but that should not have stopped us from giving you a great stay, rather than just a good stay. I have gone over your comments with my Supervisors and used this as a training tool. I am sure the next time you stay with us, you will be very pleased.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed over the week of NYE. Staff was friendly and attentive. Very clean rooms, housekeeping did a great job consistently all week. Outdoor pool was perfectly heated for a nice night swim. Conveniently located right off 95 and 15 mins from the beach. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GermanSwissBlondie
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear GermanSwissBlondie,

Thank you for the great comments. I am happy that you really enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Having stayed the night before at another Marriott property (a Fairfield Inn & Suites) and receiving great service, I expected something similar from this property, especially with its high ratings on TripAdvisor and its "Certificate of Excellence". I ended up with a mediocre stay that - while not something that would make me eliminate them from consideration for future stays if I'm in the area - left me feeling as if there should have been more.

When I first entered the property and checked in, I expected a greeting similar to the one that I've gotten whenever I've previously stayed at a Marriott property - something friendly, thanks for being a Silver Elite member, and some information confirming what I had reserved (to make sure it was what I had reserved) and about the property itself. I got little of that. I was asked for ID and credit card, told what room I was in, and given a lengthy explanation of how to connect to the WiFi. I didn't retain any of the info about the WiFi (I'd later figure it out myself - I'm handy like that), which made me wonder why the hotel didn't bother to give some kind of printed information if the WiFi instructions were going to be complex. I could imagine numerous guests coming back to the front desk to ask how to connect to the WiFi again. I never got a smile, nor did I get any kind of acknowledgement that I was a Marriott Elite member. Granted, I'm just barely a Silver Elite member, but I'm still a member. It's the only time I haven't been greeted as such when staying at a Marriott property.

The room, especially for something labeled as a "suite", was small. Granted, we had two beds in the room, so that's going to decrease the size available, but a single TV in the "suite" makes it difficult to pretend that there's any kind of separation between where the beds are and the rest of the room.

Other than that, it was a good experience. The pool was heated (handy since my son wanted to swim at night and it was an outdoor pool), the gym area was adequate (albeit small, but it's not like you usually need anything huge), and the staff was friendly outside of the initial check-in experience. Breakfast was free and typical of your free Marriott breakfasts with the eggs, changing breakfast meat (ham first day, sausage second day), waffles (this one had a mini waffle maker which made four small waffles instead of the one big one), & oatmeal with various toppings. The second day's breakfast saw my son take a chocolate milk and started to open it when he realized that it was two days after its "sell by" date - an oversight I've never really understood because it means either 1) the staff isn't bothering to check for freshness/expiration dates, or 2) the staff knows that the expiration date has passed, but doesn't want to be "out" of something, so they pass it off anyway and hope no one will notice. Either way, that would leave me concerned about the expiration dates of the things we can't see that are prepared in the back.

Still, it was a nice, clean facility with comfortable beds, and for the main things that you want with a hotel, it was fine (outside of the expiration date thing - the more I think about it, the more that starts to bother me). Still, there was nothing that made this an exceptional stay, or even anything above average, and that in itself was disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear MrWorkRate,

Thank you for such a detailed comment. I really do appreciate the comments, good or not-so-good, we need to hear them. I really want to bring up the milk situation since it is a health issue. Please rest assured that this is going to be looked at much more closer now. We look at expiration dates daily, but it is obvious that we did miss one. I do remember hearing this and we immediately removed them off the shelf and discarded them. I am really sorry this happened to you. This is definitely something that is more on top of our minds now.

Our goal is to acknowledge ALL Marriott Rewards member as well as the rest of our guests. I am sorry that we did not greet you properly. All our guests are very important to us, so we try to greet everyone as everyone is important to us.

Thank you for the rest of the comments and if you would like discuss further, please reach out to me. My email is joseph.dunann@marriott.com.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in November. Staff efficient and very friendly. Breakfast good, hot choice a nice surprise. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay. The only issue was that I had asked for adjoining rooms on my initial booking and then emailed again 2 weeks before arrival but they were unable to accommodate my request.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nimicup

Dear Nimicup,

Thank you for staying with us in November. I apologize about the adjoining rooms' situation. We always try our best to accommodate all guest requests but at times, we are just not able to. Please know that we tried our best. I am glad the rest of your stay was great. I you have further comment, please feel free to contact me at 561-689-6814 or at joseph.dunann@marriott.com.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Very nice hotel with excellent accommodations. Staff is very friendly and helpful. One day the Pepsi machine in my floor ate $1.75 from me. I casually mentioned my experience to the front desk staff and they immediately told me to get a soda from their lobby refrigerator for free and apologized for the inconvenience! I travel to West Palm Beach every year to run the marathon. The hotel is a 12 min drive from the starting line. Without doubt, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RJoses

Dear RJoses,

Thank you for the great comments. We are glad you choose our hotel to stay at during this important time in your life. Our hotel and company also participate in the marathon to support a great foundation called The Paley Foundation. I am sure you did great! Sorry about the Pepsi machine!