“Excellence in hotel stay”

SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
“Excellence in hotel stay”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I had read many great reviews of this hotel and recently chose to stay two nights after obtaining a great price through Hotels.com. The location on 45th isn't as close to downtown/CityPlace as some other hotels, but what it lacked in proximity, it made up in multiple ways with its great customer service and excellent hotel room comfort. The main lobby has a modern appeal, which is also where the satisfying breakfast buffet takes place, offering good chides of eggs, sausage, ham, breads, cereals, coffee and fruits. Checkin-in was very pleasant with front desk assisting in answering many if my questions, and offering an array of snacks, drinks and mini dinners for purchasing. My room was on the 4th floor overlooking the pool, and it was very neat and had comforting appeal. The king bed, sheets and comforter enhanced relaxation. I was most impressed by the bathroom which appeared very new (tub, tiles, shower head) and lighting throughout was easy to control, dimmers included as well as self operating thermostats for the AC. Flat screen TV offered a good selection and the iHome clock/radio with iPhone attachment was a great addition. Wi-fi was easy to access and readily available. I used the microwave and refrigerator during my stay with no issues and my minor complaint, where an electrical socket was not offering power was immediately addressed by maintenance. On my last day, I was obliged a late check out for 1pm with no extra charge and the staff from front desk to housekeeping were superbly friendly, welcoming and intent on providing excellent customer service. I look forward to many future stays at this hotel and would only recommend less hustle and bustling among staff and guests during the morning changes. I give this hotel stay very high marks in their ability to offer excellent customer service.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Demilaw1
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you you have taken to review our hotel. I am certainly proud that we were able to provide you with such a great stay. Your review was a huge compliment. We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Joe Dunann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
London
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Really friendly staff consistently throughout, clean room, good internet but I was phased by the lighting switches. The master switch(s) inside the door confused me (and still does), getting up to to use bathroom without lights was a challenge!
On the other hand the breakfast was simply wonderful with fresh strawberries, melon etc which was a cut above the rest! Certainly would use them again though!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jerry A
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for the kind words about the staff. They work really hard and it always makes their day to hear when a guest compliments them. Sometimes the light switches can be a bit touchy, but they were installed to help us conserve energy. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back in the hotel.

Rindge, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel did not lock our room and left it open to the public for an entire day. In addition the workmen put a cinder block in the exterior door and anyone could enter without a key. We fear that someone had access to our personal informaiton and we may have our identy stolen. The hotel said "we are sorry" Well that does nothing to protect us. When you rent a hotel you should have the expetation that the cleaning crew will close and lock your door. The management did not agree with us. WARNING... Stay at this hotel at your own risk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Joel50351
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am deeply sorry this has happened to you. Your frustration is understandable. Safety and security is something we take very seriously and we deeply regret your door was left open for a couple of hours.

Since your stay, we retrained all staff members on how to properly ensure guest safety and security and will continue to focus on this area.

We also spoke with the regular guests who propped the exterior door open and they will not do it again.

Again, I am deeply sorry for this issue.

United States
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is not the latest generation of Springhill Suites as Marriott is advertising. The rooms are out of date and feel old. However, the front desk service is very good. The newly improved breakfast offerings are also very nice.

One good thing is the hotel's Internet - they definitely invested in it. Unlike many hotels that have free Internet, theirs is actually usable during peak weekday evening hours.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, get an ODD higher numbered room (e.g. 523).
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad our internet service worked great for you. Just this month, we completed our service upgrade with fiber optic lines into the hotel. We feel that our new internet service will be a valuable amenity to our guests.

I am sorry that you feel our rooms are outdated. We are in the process of upgrading our linens on all our beds. The new linens give a great look to the rooms. We understand our guests expect a great stay and we are always working on providing it.

I hope to have you as a guest the next time you are in beautiful West Palm Beach.

Kuwait
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We got a really good rate for this hotel and it was OK for a one night road stop on our drive North from Miami. It is very conveniently located off the I95 in a quiet area not too far from the beaches or downtown Palm Beach.

Our room (no. 217) had a King Bed and a separate sitting area with a small work desk, a fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The bathroom had a shower only which suited us but it's worth checking if a tub is important for you. The internet was free and easy to access in your room. The only issue we had was the A/C unit which was very noisy and we had to switch it off during the night so we could sleep.

The breakfast was very good. There was a good selection of cereals, fresh fruit including strawberries,yoghurts, bread, pastries, bagels, waffles and a selection of hot items. The staff were friendly and managed to keep the items stocked despite being quite busy.

Overall, it was worth the money for one night. The only thing we would mark it down on a little was the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. It wasn't dirty as such but some of the surfaces were sticky and the bathroom was grubby with a stale smell we couldn't identify.

Not bad if you can get a good rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KuwaitGlobetrotters
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting on our property. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We are testing a new breakfast that Marriott is looking to bring into all SpringHill Suites. Only a select few have it and we are lucky to be chosen.
Thank you for explaining the cleanliness issues you had with your room. Of course, we strive to have perfection, but it looks like we missed it a bit in the room you were given. Hopefully, if you reported it to our staff, they came up right away and fixed it. I am very sorry and I have gone over your comments with our Housekeeping Supervisor, as well as Maintenance to look at the air conditioning unit. I hope you were not uncomfortable during the night.
Again, I want to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. Hopefully, you will choose our hotel again the next time you are in town.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My son and I stayed at this Springhill Suite location and all I have tio say is WOW!

We were there for the 2012 Perfect Game WWBA World Championships at Roger Dean park in Jupiter and we could not have asked for a better location.

Th staff and management was friendly and accommodating. The room was modern and clean and had ll the amenities hat were listed on the their website.

Breakfast was free and hot! Great selection of items adorned the clean, well maintained breakfast area!

I will be staying at the Springhill again! Check it out for your self!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I always enjoy hearing when our guest loved their stay! I look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We came up to dive the BHB and wanted something close but in a nicer area and this hotel was perfect! Free Internet IN the rooms ( most only offer it free in the public areas) , very clean, very comfy beds, nice staff, close to restaurants and shopping. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for a great review. It is always rewarding to hear our guests say they will be back. We strive to give all our guests a great stay and I am glad we succeeded with you. We will see you the next time you are in sunny West Palm Beach!