“Very Enjoyable”

Cross street: Hibiscus Street
Wellington, Florida
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was my first time at a Taverna Opa Restaurant. The food was delicious - Lasagna for me and Lemon Chicken (half) for my girlfriend. And the drinks were also very good. The staff could not have been friendlier. The outside seating allowed for great people watching. The atmosphere is very good, and the belly dancers mingling and dancing with the customers was quite different but common for a Greek Restaurant I'm told. Though there was no dancing on the tables as there is at some other Taverna Opa's.

• Visited April 2013

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Wow - Great Greek Food”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The meal was wonderful. Fresh and generous portions. The humus was great - served in a wooden type bowl that was slightly chunky. You must try this place.

Visited January 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good Food...Good Scene...Good Choice”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We like Taverna Opa. We've come to this restaurant four or five times over the past few years and have always enjoyed our experience. Taverna Opa is a part of a chain, with a number of other Florida locations, but with that in mind, you don't have any sense that this is a "chain" restaurant. Taverna Opa is located on the second level of City Place. CityPlace, in downtown West Palm Beach, was conceived in the 1980s and built out in the 1990s. As an example of so-called “urban renaissance” this part of downtown has become a destination for shopping, dining and entertainment with over 80 shops and restaurants. Of the restaurants we have tried, Taverna Opa has proven to be consistently good.

We enjoy Greek food which, of course, is the primary reason for coming to Taverna Opa. Having been fortunate enough to have travelled to Greece a number of times, we're particular about finding good Greek food. One of our standards is the Horiatiki salad. Unlike the so-called "Greek" salad, in Greece most of the salads we encountered did not have mixed greens. So, when we find a good Horiatiki salad, we know that we're dealing with more traditional Greek food.

On this particular evening, the restaurant was not particularly busy. On other occasions, the restaurant has been jam-packed, with waiters dancing on the tables. We were seated outside, looking at the crowds walk along in front of the restaurant. From certain tables, you can look down into the City Place courtyard. Wherever you sit, you have something to look at. It's a pleasant, vibrant environment. In addition to Horiatiki salad, we had the special of the evening that was advertised as a Greek tasting platter. It was a combination of a number of different, small sized serving of various menu items. All good. My personal choice was the Gyro platter, more street food in Greece than dinner food, but well prepared here at Taverna Opa.

The portions are good sized, the wait staff is friendly, and the atmosphere is fun. It's hard to go wrong with that combination.

• Visited March 2013
Boynton Beach
“Greek restaurant”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a lot of fun. The service and the food was good. We will go there again.liked the hummus and chips. We enjoyed the gyro plate and the Greek at,ops here We like going to city place and enjoy goin to taverna ops.

• Visited February 2013
Sanford, Florida
“Kind of Scary”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Well, as my friend and I walked into City Place we were handed a card for a free drink at Taverna Opa and of course we made a b-line over there. The DJ stand was a guy with a laptop computer on a table standing at the front door. Maybe he was the early-crowd DJ because we were there around 9PM-ish.

Next, we got our free drink and it was just ok. We purchased our next drink and it wasn't at all watered down and very good actually. We decided to sit for a little longer and the next thing I know a young guy (a LOT inebriated ) jumped up on the bar and started to dance. That was fine until he started walking up and down the bar and almost knocking my drink over a few times. He also had a bottle of beer in his hand and I could just see it crashing down on me. We quickly finished our drinks to exit the building because no one was removing him from the bar even though the bartender expressed her concern and seemed very worried by the look on my and my friend's faces. I would NOT go back for free watered down drink and inebriated tabletop dancing. (The only reason I didn't say terrible was because my second drink was delicious and the bartender had good service.)

Visited October 2012