“Excellent food and location.”
Review of Top of the Point - CLOSED

Top of the Point
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lakeview Avenue
Description: Thank you for your many years of patronage at Philips Point Club and Top of the Point Restaurant. We have recently been advised by the buildings' property owners that they have entered into a new, long-term lease of the space with another tenant. Regretfully due to these circumstances, we will cease operations after dinner service on Saturday, March 15, 2014. We hope you will join us prior to then and invite you to visit The Breakers Dining Collection online to browse our array of distinctive restaurants.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Service in that restaurant is outstanding! The view (at night) is breathtaking. We had sushi for appetizers (huge portions!) Filet mignon cooked to perfection. Wine was excellent. We recommend.

2  Thank MoniqueVG

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Usually a restaurant with a great view has so so food and you don't mind because you're going for the view. Not so at Top of the Point. Run by the Breakers it is open for dinner (on Open Table too) and has it all. The best view in south Florida and excellent food to boot. I am usually a NY Strip guy but the Rib Chop as they call it is the best I've ever had.

If your willing to pay Capital Grille type prices but add the view of a lifetime, don't miss it.

1  Thank Nofufufood
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I wouldn't say it was the best restaurant in West Palm and quite honestly you see as much reflection as view at night, but there is something about this restaurant that is very enjoyable. The food is good, as is the service and high prices are to be expected for a Breaker's property. Decor is understated and refreshingly so for a city with so many try-hard restaurants. All in all a pleasant if unremarkable experience. We may not go often, but enjoy it when we do.

1  Thank Grouper7
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have to admit that I was surprised at the unusual mismatch; usually, it is the other way around! Couple went for Valentine's special. All items served were perfectly prepared, especially the beef shortribs, lamb, and the cheese platters. However, our waiter was not professional at all. Although nice and attentive, he was chewing a gum the whole time we were there. He also would not refill our wine glass, which meant that we had to stand up in order to get our bottle from the ice bucket. He also brought one dessert half destroyed and forgot to apply a promotional code to the check, so we had to send it back to be recalculated... I am no snob when it comes to service and I rather have a wonderful meal (which we had) but the level of service was not up to the standards one associate with the Breakers.

1  Thank marsabez
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our group of 8 had reservations @ 7 pm & were promptly seated. The view is extraordinary ( the top of a 16 story or so building) & the ambience is quite pleasant. The wine list is superb, & pricey as expected. The apps & salads were quite good. I had the corn chowder & it was delicious. The special yellow tail snapper was good, but the crab was heavy & extremely rich in sauce. The risotto was good, but again heavy & rich. The other entrees were very good, according to our companions. I would order a different entree the next time. The desserts were excellent, & I had the sorbet (mango & raspberry) & it was extremely good. The wine (Chalk Hill Chardonnay & Shaffer Chardonnay) was superb. This is a fine restaurant & I would return, but with a different entree.

2  Thank tgrdvrmd