“Nice Community Zoo”

Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society
More attraction details
Owner description: The Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society is home to more than 500 animals on 23 shaded tropical acres, including endangered Malayan tigers, Mexican spider monkeys, jaguars and more! The lush grounds layout includes an Interactive Play Fountain (with changing tents), a Conservation Station which includes a Wildlife Carousel and Safari Train for children to ride, and interactive wildlife presentations. Parking is free, with a shuttle provided to across-the-street parking lots on busy weekends. Guests can dine at the Tropics Cafe, or they can grab a quick bite at the concessions stand and Dippin Dots. Shop seven days a week at the Wild Things Gift Shop, and on weekends at the Marketplace near the Tropics Cafe.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Upperco, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice Community Zoo”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I had a free day on a recent business trip and decided to check out the local zoo. I've been a member of several zoos nationwide, so they are somewhat of a hobby. Palm Beach had a very nice mix of local animals and exotics. They were doing some construction when I was there, so it appears to be getting even better. The monkey islands and ficus trees are great attractions and the on site eatery is surprisingly good. Definitely worth a visit if you like zoos.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tim B

• Hungarian first
Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love this zoo!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Took our three years old son there while visiting Palm Beach Shores last month. It is very small but clean, perfect size zoo for the little legs. Majority of the walkways are shaded by trees so even on the hot days you will feel comfortable temperature wise. There is a splash area for kids to play in so do not forget to pack swim suit, towel and sunscreen. While walking around the zoo you will come across zoo employees (or maybe they were volunteers) showing off the smaller animals/birds. Our little one loved to pet some of them and had a chance to ask questions. It was very educations. Military families – zoo offers admission discount for the whole family.

Tampa, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Had a good time.”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The zoo was small but nice. It is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.the and price was around $19 and offered a couple shows.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have to say that I was a little dubious about visiting this zoo after having read some reviews which led me to think this was going to be a rather small, local type of zoo.

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong! What a wonderful zoo packed with fantastic animals.

The zoo isn't huge like some of the major city zoos but to be honest, for me, that was to part of its appeal. It's not small by any stretch of the imagination but it's also very walkable particularly if you are going with older relatives who find it hard going after a while.

The animals seemed very well cared for and we were able to see most of the animals including anteaters, capybaras, a pigmentless alligator, bears, lemurs, lions etc.

What we particularly enjoyed were the numerous show, talks and feedings going on during our visit. We were able to talk with quite a number of the zoo keepers during our visit and they were incredibly friendly and keen to share their wealth of knowledge.

There are also a number of feeding machines where for 25 cents you can by some food. This is obviously a lot of fun for little ones in particular.

There is a cafe in the zoo which we didn't eat at but the food looked nice. There are also a number of gift stores where a very helpful assistant managed to find an 'anteater' teddy for our son.

There is also a fountain splash pad and whilst we didn't use this we would imagine that it is very popular with the younger guests.

In my opinion, except for perhaps a little better signage, (which we have been led to believe they are improving) I have to say this is a great zoo to visit and one we shall definitely return to.

We had some discount tickets which we used and I believe there are always coupons to be found on-line but even at the full price I think this is a great day at and well worth the entry fee. Enjoy if you go! :-)

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Sharon B
Wellington, Florida
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Wonderful Zoo”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I've been going to the Palm Beach (back then Dreher Park Zoo) since I was a child 100 years ago. It was one of me and my mom's favorite thing to do after church. I still go at least once a year. Back then the cages were concrete floors and bars. Now the exhibits are beautiful natural environment enclosures. It's also 3 or 4 times larger then the old zoo. The tiger, otter, panther, bear and jaguar exhibits are just great to name a few. They've added restaurants with a lot of verity on the menu. They have a water fountain for the kids to play in on the hot days. The Palm Beach Zoo was a childhood favorite for me and still is.