“2 hours there are perfect”

Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society
More attraction details
Owner description: The Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society is home to more than 500 animals on 23 shaded tropical acres, including endangered Malayan tigers, Mexican spider monkeys, jaguars and more! The lush grounds layout includes an Interactive Play Fountain (with changing tents), a Conservation Station which includes a Wildlife Carousel and Safari Train for children to ride, and interactive wildlife presentations. Parking is free, with a shuttle provided to across-the-street parking lots on busy weekends. Guests can dine at the Tropics Cafe, or they can grab a quick bite at the concessions stand and Dippin Dots. Shop seven days a week at the Wild Things Gift Shop, and on weekends at the Marketplace near the Tropics Cafe.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Good place to take children to run around the paths and see some interesting animals. Can't imagine that these animals are super happy in fairly small enclosures, but it is still nice to have a zoo close by for kids to experience. It is not the most up to date/spectacular place, but it works. Takes about 2 hours to see everything when I go with my 1.5 year old. The Individual Plus yearly pass is nice, as I can take my son and another adult with me.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is a nice zoo. It's not the size that I'm used to seeing up north but altogether different settings. I liked how they care for injured animals. Nice relaxing time. Lots of shade as you walk throughout the park. Try the one dine in restaurant, the food was really good (I forget the name...cafe something, sorry)

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We have two small children so we figured going to the zoo would be great. This is pretty much not a zoo it's more of a bird sanctuary with a few wild animals. The park needs a major overhaul and I noticed a few rides and places to eat we're shut down. The kids enjoyed the animals they had but there were not many to be seen.

Prices are very expensive. We paid $68 for 2 adults and 1 child. Children under 3 are free. The food is typical park fare which is expensive. They didn't stop anyone from bringing food in.

1  Thank Haywood16
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Formerly known as Drehr Park Zoo, is a wonderful small zoo with a lot of character. They take care of permanently injured birds (owls and more) and of an injured (tiger, I think) from another state that doesn’t allow the re-introduction of animals back to nature (and would have been simply killed).Staff is very committed, informative and friendly. It’s a perfect spot for all ages.
When we lived in W.P.B.(1991) We became members and the zoo was definitely our favorite place(our daughter was 1 year old).We visited in 2000,with our 2 kids(10 and 7 y/o) and were amazed at the wonderful changes .This year we decided to revisit again with our 3rd child(11 years old)and again, were pleasantly surprised to find that this great place became even more attractive than we remembered!
THIS IS NOT ANOTHER TOURISTY SPOT! Keep in mind that every purchase you make helps this wonderful place to grow and continue to be a great attraction for future generations to enjoy!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

surprisingly mature zoo near the airport. lots of great enclosures and endangered animals to see. considerable amount of shade from the Florida sun so you can enjoy looking. super day trip for the family.

1  Thank hsheffield1