“Best Zoo around”

Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society
More attraction details
Owner description: The Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society is home to more than 500 animals on 23 shaded tropical acres, including endangered Malayan tigers, Mexican spider monkeys, jaguars and more! The lush grounds layout includes an Interactive Play Fountain (with changing tents), a Conservation Station which includes a Wildlife Carousel and Safari Train for children to ride, and interactive wildlife presentations. Parking is free, with a shuttle provided to across-the-street parking lots on busy weekends. Guests can dine at the Tropics Cafe, or they can grab a quick bite at the concessions stand and Dippin Dots. Shop seven days a week at the Wild Things Gift Shop, and on weekends at the Marketplace near the Tropics Cafe.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have gone to this zoo since my son was a toddler and he's 39 now. They have a lot of animals, a lot of areas to just relax and all of the animals are very well cared for, clean cages & etc. It is very educational too. Great place to bring the entire family from toddlers to grandparents.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My family decided to go to the Palm Beach Zoo since the Miami Zoo was about 100 miles from our resort. We were very pleased with this zoo! It is on the smaller side, but perfect for our baby that has a short attention span. All of the animals were out and it was neat to see some different things. The tigers were eating when we went and it was also feeding time for the birds. There are wild birds all around, including peacocks. We went around 3PM and they close at 5PM. We were a little sad to see all of the eating establishments were closed except for soda machines. It was quite warm the day we went and some ice cream would have been great. Overall, we were very impressed and loved our afternoon adventure!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This zoo had mainly smaller animals so I felt that they had enough space to accommodate the animals. They had a central area of water spouts that clearly kept a lot of kids very entertained. :-)
The zoo was separated into sections by animal territories. I was impresses by the sculptures as I was by the animals.
Also, it was really hot when we were there so it was a great relief to see that the majority of the paths are shady and nice.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had called ahead before driving from Boynton Beach to see if they gave discounts to military families, the woman said yes its 50% off for up to 3 people and free for persons w military ID. So at 3pm (the park closes at 5pm) we got to the window where the very rude staff member gave me a hard time about my ID, and then told me I would be the only person to receive the discount since my husband was overseas and not physically present at the door. I asked for a manager and she told me to go to the office, which I went, where an equally rude receptionist had gotten a "heads up" from the teller who told me to go there and refused to give my family the military discount. I have never seen a military family get treated like that IN MY LIFE!!! I will never return to this place. If you are a military family, GO ELSEWHERE!! We drove all the way there and never even made it inside.

13  Thank Dmama86
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The layout of the zoo was terrific! My husband and I loved how they did the fencing because we didn't have to lift up our toddler girls to see the animals over the fences. They could look thru themselves. Their favorite part had to be the splash area. They loved running thru the water!
The habitats of the animals were very natural looking. The whole zoo was beautiful. We went twice - once on a weekday and once on Saturday morning. We enjoyed the much slower pace and less crowded zoo of the weekday.