“Horrible hotel”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Requested a down & out room and got a poolside room instead. I sat down on the bed and it caved in and stayed that way after I got up. The carpet was stained and had dirt/debris as if it had not even been vacuumed. The room had a dreary look and feel. It was very,very noisy outside. When I reported these problems to the front desk I received a shoulder shrug. I promptly cancelled my room and left this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank gabygoo

Reviewed July 26, 2009

Oh come on! You need to drop these reviews that were written 5-6 years ago. My husband and I stayed here 1 night and after our bait and switch "coupon" experience down the street at Days Inn, were happy to find a decent room for a regular price of $55. The hotel has obviously been remodeled since these other reviews were written. We did have to ask for more towels but no problem getting them. Desk staff was very friendly. I had paid for a 2nd day and when we finished our business early I asked for a partial refund and they gave me a full refund. My only complaint is that the TV picture was fuzzy.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I stayed here with my mother and grandmother and is probably one of the better Red Roof Inn's (compared to the one next to Miami International Airport).
There was construction taking place but it didn't disturb us. I don't think the hotel is worth it's price.
I would stay again if I had no choice.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2006

Hotel is a let down will never stay at it again, They charge for Wirless Internet service, No Coffee Makers or Hair Dryers in the rooms. They do have Microvave and Small Fredge. Rooms have no chairs or suffa. Overall a low class hetel with hi cost for what you get.

Stayed: October 2006
2  Thank Starwood
Reviewed April 16, 2005

Our family rented 3 rooms for a weekend. Two out of the three rooms were not acceptable and we had to look at three different rooms before we would stay. The hotel needs remodeling, but that wasn't the problem, the dirt was. Our shower head leaked we had to tie a towel around it so we didn't flood the bathroom. All of the bathrooms in our rooms had black mold and the tub surround was had dirty hand prints all over. They didn't supply enough towels for everyone and the people at the desk were not very helpful. There are many places to stay in West Palm beach and this is one we will not stay at again.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank mary s
Reviewed April 12, 2005

Spent three days at this location; read previous reviews that lead me to believe I would only stay here one night, if that. Not too bad; especially in this locale for $73.00/night. Old, but good and convenient location. Would stay here again. When you use it for a sleeping room only and are gone sightseeing/etc. for 12-14 hours a day, it's a lot cheaper than others in the area that are not any better in quality.

1  Thank william b
Reviewed March 10, 2005

My wife and I stayed at this Red Roof on February 15 so we could be near the airport for an early departure. The person who wrote the review for their 2/19 stay was the same as our experience. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. A security grill at the front desk, bedspread and blanket full of cigarettes burns (in a non-smoking room) the window curtain had more holes then swiss cheese. There are no real words to describe this horrible experience. Next time if it is the car or this hotel we are sleeping in the car.

• Stayed: February 2005