“Above and beyond in a safe environment”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My son FINALLY got to stay at a Red Roof Inn.....he's been wanting to do so for some time. We had a GREAT time at this location. At check in, Sherry provided us with print out of locations we needed to go to while visiting the area. The manager Laura Hurst was FANTASTIC!!!! We were actually celebrating my son's birthday and she gave him some WONDERFUL mementos. When he came home, he built his own Red Roof Inn out of LEGOS! There's no breakfast or cookies at check in but my son could careless....he LOVES 'HIS' Red Roof Inn. The onsite security is amazing and you gotta love being able to bring your pet for no extra charge. Our boxer gave Red Roof Inn 4 paws up! =)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Laura H, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn, I am glad we made your son's birthday a memorable one. We look forward to see you again in the future

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived here from an older Red Roof Inn and this one's amazing by comparison. I failed to read the card in the room, So we got "green" service, And the floor was never dustmopped or swept until we changed our service. We loved that the floor is laminate and not carpet, but daily sweeping is needed! It's Florida - sand - plus our dog. Just clear up what service you want in advance, and you'll have a great stay. Front desk staff will supply supply items missed by housekeeping.

Beds and WiFi both great.

Negatives - keys never worked more than one day, no laundry.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kukuforkokonuts
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear KuKu (love the name), Thank you for your response. We are glad you are pleased with our renovation and appreciate all your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kind Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I hadn't been staying in a motel for the last 8 years but decided to go again during our trip from Orlando to the Keys (we didn't know how long it would take there so we just wanted to stop wherever we are when we become tired). At an IHOP I picked up a motel coupon magazine. Since the Day's Inn at the same exit had only smoking rooms in the 3rd floor left, we decided to give the Red Roof Inn a try (though we never heard of this chain before).

Check-In was extremely friendlly, the consierge even told me that she could offer me a lower rate than the coupon stated. The room /furniture was new and more modern than the motels I've stayed in before (which all had disgusting blankets and carpets). The room was nothing special but anything you would expect from a regular motel with a regular rate.

However, we spent a night with almost no sleep there. Why? Because several dog owners (this is a pet friendly motel) spent the night hanging out directly in front our room, calling their dogs, laughing, smoking (though it says everywhere that the Red Roof Inn is 100% smoke free), chatting etc. At midnight I called the consierge to ask for help and described the problem. Obviously nothing happened since the noise went on until 2 AM (with a short break around 1 AM).

When mentioning this issue again at check out (a different consierge was in charge then), she apologized and offered a USD 15 courtesy discount. This was really nice but we would have preferred a good nights sleep though.

I don't know if all the dog owners hang out at the back next to the pool (we stayed in Room 136) but maybe you should avoid the rooms back there if this is a hang-out area for all the dogs (and there were several, when checking out I met a woman with THREE dogs!).

The rooms, TV and WiFi was ok, you could even order "room service" from a nearby pizza place.

Room Tip: I don't know if all the dog owners hang out at the back next to the pool (we stayed in Room 136...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ttvvuu
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Good Morning, and thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. My sincere apologies for the distubances during your stay. Our policy is one well behaved pet per room and all pets should be declared at check in. We will, in the future, ensure this policy is followed. We will also set up a designated smoking area so future guests are not distrubed. Again, thank you for your input. Kind Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager

Reviewed April 10, 2013

MY workers were in West Palm Beach two long days in a row, cleaning out a foreclosed home for the bank. The time and fuel to go back and forth there and home to Fort Lauderdale every day was getting pricey, so I rented them a room at Red Roof Inn and the room was acceptable, close to the job site. Hey had a nice dinner my company paid for at a nearby Applebees. ONly glitch was, I ordered the room on Expedia and, hours later when my staff arrived at the hotel, were told their reservation from Expedia wasn't in the system yet, they had to wait another hour or so , tired, sitting in the lobby, to finally check in.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for best rate and then your reservation is immediately in their own system.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear J; Thank you for your review. I will be certain to share your feedback with our staff. We look forward to serving your travelling needs in the future. Best Regards, Laura Hurst

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped at Red Roof Inn one evening around 6:00 with the coupon from the Florida coupon booklet and were told that the rate would be $109 plus taxes for the stay. We produced the coupon and were told that they don't honor those coupons. We asked about a senior rate and were told that they don't have senior rates, but we were "in luck" because we would be the first to be put into one of their newly renovated rooms. We had travelled all day and were tired, so we took the room. The key didn't work, so the only person on duty had to leave her post and re-key the lock. After we got into the room, the door handle wouldn't work, so we were given another room. We moved all our luggage into the new room and the toilet kept flushing with no one in the bathroom. We were given a different room, which was very pleasant, but we soon learned that there was no blow dryer, only one shampoo, no conditioner, no iron and ironing board, no continental breakfast and the wifi didn't work.
What was upsetting was the fact that we had spent 5 days travelling up to that point and EVERY other place we stayed offered all those amenities just mentioned and accepted the coupons. This place charged far more for the room and offered none of the things we had been given in other hotels.
In the morning, my husband listed all the issues and the new desk clerk offered to reduce the price by $20, which was accepted. Our issue was that this was the ONLY place that provided such limited service/amenities and was the most expensive. It left a bad taste in our mouths and during our next week of travelling, we never even considered stopping at any other Red Roof Inns. This place did a disservice for all other Red Roof Inns on our trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Phyllis S

Dear Phyllis, I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We certainly thank you for stopping by during the renovation process and we will certainly appreciate your feedback. Providing superior customer service is a goal of all our staff and we look forward to providing better service and ammenities in the future. Best Regards, Laura Hurst

Reviewed December 1, 2012

From the time we attempted to check in, we had minor problems and inconveniences here--nothing major, but little things that had added up to the point that shortly before we were about to check out, I felt that a comment to the manager was in order so that I could let him/her know of the issues, and perhaps see if they might take a little something off of my bill. I had written down the list of little things that were needing attention, and spoke with Laura, the manager. When I showed her the items that needed attention, she read through them, and without my even asking her if we might be able to take something off of the bill, she said, "Well, I'm going to reverse your charges for your bill," meaning that she was comping the room. I told her that I wasn't asking her to do that, but she referred to the list I'd given her and said, "That's not how we do business."

Here's the point: things will almost never be perfect. Sometimes things are much less than average. But when issues DO occur, what more can be asked than to make things right--and then some? So, I definitely recommend this Red Roof Inn for someone looking for an economy motel in the West Palm Beach area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pete V
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Pete, Here at the Red Roof Inn, West Palm Beach, we are committed to providing exceptional customer service and are dedicated to resolving our guests concerns. As our renovations continue, feedback from guests like you allow us to further ensure guests satisfaction by preventing future occurences. Thank you, again, for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to serving you again soon! Best Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Have stayed at this Red Roof about 10 times over the years - always a great value and close to Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Even though it is within 1/8 miles of I 95, it is not noisy at all. Have stayed on each floor and all are good. Access is good and on a cul-de-sac so not a lot of traffic. They are always friendly and welcome my dog each and every time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Natalie W
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Natalie, We appreciate your continued business at the Red Roof Inn, West Palm Beach. Thank you for your review and we shall see you again on your travels through our great state.If there is anything I can do to accomodate your needs, you know I am only a phone call or request away. See you soon! Travel Safe! Best Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager