“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in West Palm Beach
London, Canada
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped at Red Roof Inn one evening around 6:00 with the coupon from the Florida coupon booklet and were told that the rate would be $109 plus taxes for the stay. We produced the coupon and were told that they don't honor those coupons. We asked about a senior rate and were told that they don't have senior rates, but we were "in luck" because we would be the first to be put into one of their newly renovated rooms. We had travelled all day and were tired, so we took the room. The key didn't work, so the only person on duty had to leave her post and re-key the lock. After we got into the room, the door handle wouldn't work, so we were given another room. We moved all our luggage into the new room and the toilet kept flushing with no one in the bathroom. We were given a different room, which was very pleasant, but we soon learned that there was no blow dryer, only one shampoo, no conditioner, no iron and ironing board, no continental breakfast and the wifi didn't work.
What was upsetting was the fact that we had spent 5 days travelling up to that point and EVERY other place we stayed offered all those amenities just mentioned and accepted the coupons. This place charged far more for the room and offered none of the things we had been given in other hotels.
In the morning, my husband listed all the issues and the new desk clerk offered to reduce the price by $20, which was accepted. Our issue was that this was the ONLY place that provided such limited service/amenities and was the most expensive. It left a bad taste in our mouths and during our next week of travelling, we never even considered stopping at any other Red Roof Inns. This place did a disservice for all other Red Roof Inns on our trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Phyllis S
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Phyllis, I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We certainly thank you for stopping by during the renovation process and we will certainly appreciate your feedback. Providing superior customer service is a goal of all our staff and we look forward to providing better service and ammenities in the future. Best Regards, Laura Hurst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Xenia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

From the time we attempted to check in, we had minor problems and inconveniences here--nothing major, but little things that had added up to the point that shortly before we were about to check out, I felt that a comment to the manager was in order so that I could let him/her know of the issues, and perhaps see if they might take a little something off of my bill. I had written down the list of little things that were needing attention, and spoke with Laura, the manager. When I showed her the items that needed attention, she read through them, and without my even asking her if we might be able to take something off of the bill, she said, "Well, I'm going to reverse your charges for your bill," meaning that she was comping the room. I told her that I wasn't asking her to do that, but she referred to the list I'd given her and said, "That's not how we do business."

Here's the point: things will almost never be perfect. Sometimes things are much less than average. But when issues DO occur, what more can be asked than to make things right--and then some? So, I definitely recommend this Red Roof Inn for someone looking for an economy motel in the West Palm Beach area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pete V
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Pete, Here at the Red Roof Inn, West Palm Beach, we are committed to providing exceptional customer service and are dedicated to resolving our guests concerns. As our renovations continue, feedback from guests like you allow us to further ensure guests satisfaction by preventing future occurences. Thank you, again, for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to serving you again soon! Best Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager
Perry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Have stayed at this Red Roof about 10 times over the years - always a great value and close to Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Even though it is within 1/8 miles of I 95, it is not noisy at all. Have stayed on each floor and all are good. Access is good and on a cul-de-sac so not a lot of traffic. They are always friendly and welcome my dog each and every time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Natalie W
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Natalie, We appreciate your continued business at the Red Roof Inn, West Palm Beach. Thank you for your review and we shall see you again on your travels through our great state.If there is anything I can do to accomodate your needs, you know I am only a phone call or request away. See you soon! Travel Safe! Best Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in room 139 and it was clean. The check in and out people were friendly and proffessional . We stayed on Sunday night and parking lot was well lit and seemed very safe. We would stay here again for sure. They have coffee 24 hours. Good deal.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank telephonegirlboydog
Thank you for your review! We at Red Roof Inn strive to provide a professional and courteous staff as well as clean and comfortable rooms at a reasonable cost. I look forward to seeing you again on your travels through beautiful West Palm Beach, FL. Best Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family of four were in the Palm Beach area several days after driving cross country from California. The Red Roof Inn was one of the more comfortable and THE BEST VALUE lodgings we encountered on our trip. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly and accessible. General Manager Laura Hurst was particularly helpful and spared no effort on our behalf. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to traveling friends.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank SunflowerGreen
Channahon, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Gave a rating of 1 because it wouldn't let me submit a zero...The room was so disgustingly filthy that I went across the street to Walmart to buy bleach to sanitize the room. Don't stay here!!!

Room Tip: All scores are less than zero!!! This place is the filthiest hotel I've ever seen in my life. W...
Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Bobbie M
, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Palm Beach, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
I am sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your stay. At Red Roof Inn, it is our goal to provide you with clean, comfortable rooms. Please contact me at the Inn and I will be more than happy enough to provide you a refund or a free night voucher for your inconvenience. I will share this review with my staff in our quest to provide future visitors with quality and service. Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager
Cologne, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed there for 1 night, booked it in advance.
Unfortunetely our room was inside, so we had to take all our stuff through the lobby, up the elevator all the way to the end of the corridor.
Room was stinky when we got in and the window was so nasty, full of weird white wales...
Very unconvenient to the city, had to drive for another 15 Minutes to downtown Palm Beach.
No real good shopping facilities around. Food at an chinese restaurant which menu was also placed in the room was horrible disgusting.
Never again!