“Not worth its money!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Cologne, Germany
“Not worth its money!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed there for 1 night, booked it in advance.
Unfortunetely our room was inside, so we had to take all our stuff through the lobby, up the elevator all the way to the end of the corridor.
Room was stinky when we got in and the window was so nasty, full of weird white wales...
Very unconvenient to the city, had to drive for another 15 Minutes to downtown Palm Beach.
No real good shopping facilities around. Food at an chinese restaurant which menu was also placed in the room was horrible disgusting.
Never again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Floridatrip2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had reservations for two nights, but after checking in I left the next day.. The room was dirty and dated. It had a musky odor. My white socks were black after walking on the rug. The bathroom floor was sticky.. The sheets were stained. I ended up booking a room at the Holiday Inn which was the same price and newly renovated. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Tom D
Pembroke Pines, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I wanted to spend my birthday weekend on West Palm Beach like I have been doing for the past 3 years, because it has great nightlife, cool places to go and superb restaurants.
I made a reservation almost a month in advance to make sure i get a room at the particular time i was going to travel.
Making the story short, yesterday i was supposed to check in and as i walk in the lobby i saw 3 people there upset, but i didn't pay much attention; so when it was my turn to talk to the lady, it was pretty clear that she didn't know what she was doing she left us waiting for 10 minutes while the phone was ringing. Then she came back and said: "Sorry but we are overbooked, so i cant give you the room that you requested on your reservation", at that time i started to get upset because it was ridiculous, and i kept asking how can this be? Thats why you make reservations, to make sure that you get the room at the specified time.
Continuously, her manager came to us, her name tag said Mercedes, Brooklyn NY. She said that the only thing she could do is offer my a room that to me looked like a dog's house "for 10 bucks less", so i declined her offer and then she said that there was nothing else she could do for us. At that time i was tired because i came from Pembroke Pines all the way to wpb for nothing, and upset because i felt insulted by this whole situation; so i decided to cancel "my reservation" and go back home...

Thank you very much for ruining my birthday Red Roof Inn...

Room Tip: Choose another hotel...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Miguel W
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

We came to Florida for a two week medical course and were looking to pay a reasonable amount for accomidations because of the long stay, this was a horrible choice. We arrived on a Thursday night and were told there were no first floor rooms available. It wasnt long before we found out why, Thursday, Friday and Saturday we saw at least 10 pimps and prostitutes occupying the rooms on the first floor. My husband was an undercover narcotics detective for 20+ years so he had experienced this in his life but I never had. It was obvious when I was standing out side walking my dog and happened to be next to a girl and her pimp when the girl got a call and said ok meet me in the lobby, as we were returning to our room we observed the girl bringing the man from the lobby to a room, while leaving the pimp at the pool. This was not the only thing that went wrong, we noticed on the first night that there was something that looked like blood on our bed spread, I removed it from the bed and returned it to the front desk in the morning, only to find out when we checked out that they charged us $75 for the bed spread, since we had switched hotels and were still in the area we went to the red roof to resolve this, the assistant manager was extrememly rude and said first that we stole the bed spread and then after I demanded she check with the employee whom I had given it to she came back and said that I never gave the woman my room number, which I had at least twice while returning the bedspread. They did give us the credit back but not without an argument that it was justified, even after the employee admitted that I returned it. If you dont mind feeling like taking a million showers when you touch anything in this hotel, or like beeing treated badly by the front desk staff, go ahead and stay here. Had an excellent stay for a reasonable rate at the Residence Inn on the same street for the remaining 9 days...what a difference!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars
5 Thank bynjep
Campton, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This was a convenient stop on our post-Christmas trip to Florida. We were in a premium room (#119) equipped with a mini-fridge and a microwave oven. There was a ticking going on all night, which seemed to come from the refrigerator. I complained at about 1:00 AM, but was told that nothing could be done until morning, when the maintenance man arrived. Such things happen, and in the morning my wife discovered that the culprit was the microwave. She succeeded in silencing it. The room was basic, clean, a bit timeworn, and economical, and they did discount our bill for the inconvenience of the noise. On a budget, I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank PSU-NHDad
MIami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Traveling through this great country of ours we tend to encounter from the very chique to the extremely drab when it comes to hotels. What we find in Red Roof Inns is comfort and convenience. We know what we are going to get, there is a standardization in this company that is great appreciated by the everyday road warrior just trying to crash. As well there is the fact that there is one in every town, often times enough you might be an avid visitor to that town and never have noticed the small little RRI sign out of the way until you look for it. For all those reasons it is the preferred choice especially for last minute travel plans. This particular RRI in West Palm Beach left a lot to be desired however.
It is important to note some changes to our RRI model here, first and foremost the internet is now included in our night's stay. This alleviates us greatly of purchasing from Tmobile a limited amount of bandwidth temporarily at every RRI location while at the same time paying a hefty hotel bill. The value just was not there and it was driving our business elsewhere where we could get the internet as well as a bargain on the rooms. So that is a major improvement however the change we did not like was the phasing out of the latte machines. The only constellation prize to not having breakfast at any of these locations was the fact that they all had these great latte machines that would make you the best coffee drinks. They have now all been replaced with unsightly thermos' that all contain cold, old coffee. Tasteless and undrinkable like many other hotels. Other hotels have breakfast though. If RRI plans on staying in the race they really need to step up the amenities such as a breakfast no matter how limited it may be. Their price is just getting saturated in the bustling competitive markets of today.
In West Palm Beach upon entering our room we found a badly placed humidor that was just difficult to move and in the way making it very hard for us to open and close the door. We also noticed a maid shortly before our arrival spraying large amounts of air freshener into the carpet, that surely would not be to cover up any offensive odors left behind from some pesky canine guests would it....After moving in I crashed in my typical RRI single mattress spring top nightmare and looked up at the ceiling only to notice mold in large black blotches growing on the ceiling. I know it is Florida and it gets humid, that is a given, however after living in Florida many years I have not noticed a mold problem everywhere I go. My guess is this problem is attributed to poor maintenance of the rooms and little or no effort in upgrading or remodeling. The focus should shift in this direction if they are to ensure any future traffic through the property. Location was not the best either due to the "Rachel's" across the street and then the cracker barrel next door that closes at 9 pm. Not many night food options in this vicinity of hotels. If you are on foot like we are on the band it is hard to find something to eat after the gig and thus rendering the hotel as lacking. The unsavory characters soliciting outside my door later that same night was not comforting either as I did not notice much security around the property, there was one uniformed officer inside the front lobby however he was occupied with his smartphone when I went to get ice after the small altercation outside my door. The ice in itself was hard to get to and the machine was broken so there was an alternate machine and that was out of ice due to its overtaxing by other tenants. Overall the staff was not very available to be rated and paying my bill was the only sighting of personnel I had, other than that it was a bell to be rung and no sign of mankind at the desk. Our air conditioning unit had seen its better days with battered molded vents barely holding on. The dim lighting was well suited for camouflaging the molded carpet that had almost no cushion, it would almost be better to go with tile RRI, thus cutting out the molding issues on the carpet, I would not go barefoot on that rug! Finally all the air freshener in the world could not cover up the stench of wet fir that lived in that room. Obviously the no pets rule exists for a reason, we were not given the choice of a pet free room either.
Not a lot of positives at this RRI, the rest of our stay was normal and not worth mentioning, the mildew smell in the shower and the uncovered toilet are all signs reminiscent of any RRI. The main thing that really bothered me was the molding occurring in the room and you cannot remedy that by just installing an unsightly dehumidifier and expect the mold to go away. You have to do some work, it shows some considerable laziness on the part of the administration. It is interesting that the photo shown here is of the pool, the pool does not represent the property though it is but a small portion of your stay and with the cool temperatures in Florida right now I doubt the pool will be of any use to anyone staying here. Location as mentioned earlier was not the best either and not a real break on price made this a poor stay in my opinion. As always I encourage you to compare notes with me, try it for yourself. I have outlined the pros and cons of the RRI and if it sounds like something you would be opting for a night in a tight spot with accommodations this might be your best bet but don't expect a lot of bang for your buck!

Room Tip: Ask for a pet-free room, if you can...
2 Thank Sor4you2nite
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I was IMPRESS the way Lignis Perez, Front Desk & Danny Santiago, GM took care of me and my family. Mrs. Perez welcome us with a GREAT SMILE and explain all the amenities and local area attractions. Mr. Santiago was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Helpful with my problem with allergies in selecting the room & location and more importantly with my family. I will come to this Hotel every time I come to West Palm Beach, FL.