“Great price, great stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown

Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great price, great stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and I stayed for two nights. Very close to beautiful beaches, great room, and clean place. There's a hot tub (spa) and gym which are both very clean and nice. Complimentary (delicious!) breakfast. Only downside is paying $19/night for parking.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kelly B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Venezuela
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel overall is nice. Rooms are clean and spacious, beds are confortable and you have all you need right there. There is a bar right by the lobby, had a couple of mojitos that were pretty good. Bartender was cool. Easy walk to cityplace and a longer but beautiful walk to Clematis. There are a couple of cons however, parking was $19. Too much I would say. But what really dissapointed me about the hotel is the lack of interest in going the extra mile. I called a few hours prior to arrival to request if they could put a piece of cake in the room since it was my friend's birthday. The guy said they would take care of it. When I arrived I asked if they had put the cake and the guy said that they've been very busy so they could not do it. I understood and told the 2 guys at the front desk that my friend and I would go out for dinner and that we wouldn't return till after midnight so I asked them if they could put the cake while we were out but then they said they didn't have cake but offered to put a cupcake instead which I agreed. Came back at 3 am and no cupcake was in the room. I thought it would have been a nice gesture for my friend, but unfortunately got no help at all from the staff. Next day check out was quick but a how was your stay or something like that would have been nice. Its a nice place with a great location, just don't expect any warm welcome or eager-to-assist staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank pyyli
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed 3 nights over the 4th of July weekend and couldn't be happier with our choice. Our objective was a hotel near CityPlace and walking distance to the fireworks on the 4th. We checked in on Thursday night before the weekend rush, the check-in was smooth and they even gave us free parking on the first night as we had a package for the last 2 nights with free parking. Breakfast was great with numerous choices and plenty of seating. A stark contrast to the next morning when the hotel was at full capacity and seating was scarce. By Sunday morning, things were much more orderly during breakfast.

Rooms were spacious and quiet during the entire stay. We never used room service but were provided fresh towels and bath supplies daily. The room are large with a partial divider to provide an area other than the bed to relax and watch TV or read.

The last morning the hotel extended our check-out allowing us to watch the end of the Men's Wimbledon final. We look forward to our return and hope to meet Dave the Bartender who seems to be a favorite of many guests.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jvs_tampa
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great hotel with beautiful rooms and wonderful location. The thing that makes it feel like home for the weary traveler is Dave the bartender. He provides a friendly smile and amazing service for everyone who walks in the door. Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I first started visiting the Hyatt several years ago when I lived across the street - primarily to visit Dave at the lobby bar (as did/do all the locals). I now live out of state and stay here as needed when back for business, but always visit the bar regardless of where I stay - to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. I'm still greeted with excellent drinks & friendly service - and comforted to see Dave's smiling face.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank CBCLT
Norristown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

General Observations:
1.) Room 213 (ADA Room) HUGE space! The room seemed to go on & on. It even included a dining table with seating for six!
2.) Room 213 conveniently located to elevator & parking garage entrance.
3.) Complimentary waters and snacks
4.) Decent breakfast included hot ham, egg & cheese sandwiches
5.) Great location. Easily walkable to restaurants and water front.

Room for Improvement:
1.) PARKING
What a disaster. We were checking in on July 4th, and expected the city to be busy so we were not surprised to see a security guard limiting access to the attached parking garage entrance. We were told we could not stop to unload at the hotel main entrance. There was also no valet on duty at the time of our arrival to assist with our luggage. Go figure the one time where we could have really used assistance with luggage no help in site.

I continued to drive until the roof level of the garage to find only a few spots remaining. I was not comfortable with the spot I pulled into because I noticed that another car could potentially park behind me and make pulling out difficult if not impossible. My wife negotiated with a compact car driver and we took her spot while she pulled into a designated compact spot. This experience definitely soured my check in experience. Why was no valet on duty in a garage that is difficult to navigate, especially on a busy holiday weekend?

2.) Stairs? Where are they?
I noticed another reviewer commented on this too. The line for the (extremely slow) elevator was rather long so we opted for the stairs. Which are (inconveniently) located outside the main entrance of the hotel. Huh? Plus after you make the left to exit the lobby you have to exit the parking garage and go to the right to find the stairway.

3.) House Keepers Parade
We were checking out on a Saturday morning around 9AM and found 3 members of the house keeping staff along with their carts outside our room waiting for the (extremely slow) elevator. They were blocking the entire area and our exit to the parking garage. I was unable to carry our bags out to the car until the parade had cleared. This was a minor inconvenience and I just chalked it up to bad timing.

Room Tip: Room 213 is a very spacious ADA room. Close to elevator and exit for roof level of parking garage.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DannyZ24
Okeechobee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We checked in on the 4th of July Holiday. The location was great for the downtown events on Flager, it was only a block away and perfect for the kids. Only problem was is the site we looked at advised us there was a pool. In fact there was not, it was a spa hot tub and a little 8X8 cold "spa" side by side. Very small and crowded and the kids of course could not play like kids do in a pool. Lobby area is nice and staff was very friendly at check in. Breakfast area the next morning was hectic! I dont think the hotel was prepared for the guest that checked in for the weekend. The breakfast food area was a mess, and they were scrambling to put more food out and ran out of hot breakfast. Tables were not maintained, tabels were not wiped down. People were standing around not knowing what to do. To me, it was just your average hotel, nothing stood out about it. Lets not forget about the $19 parking fee that was also charged. I would stay again, just not with kids...maybe for a night out on the town with my husband, its very close to night life activities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 35 in West Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 375 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central
Embassy Suites by Hilton West Pa...
#5 of 35 in West Palm Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 937 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Downtown/CityPlace Area
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Do...
#12 of 35 in West Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 666 reviews

Been to Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!