“Long weekend visit”

GreenLeadersGold level
Derry
“Long weekend visit”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

we stayed at hotel for 4 nights to attend a field hockey festival nearby. We had 5 family members in one room and it was not bad! It is a mini suite with a large sofa and two queen size beds. The front desk was very polite and friendly. Anything we asked for was taken care of. Our maid on the fourth floor was awesome. Breakfast was fine with lots of choices. Parking was free and convenient. We were all pleased with our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear chinamay,

We really appreciate you taking time to review our hotel. Our rooms are quite spacious and our breakfast has the variety to please any family member. Please come back and see us next time you are in town for a field hockey event!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here while attending a NPC bodybuilding competition. Aside from the hotel being conveniently near the Convention center, it was also close to City Place that’s full of dining and entertainment. The hotel was elegant, the room was much more than I expected and the staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Khameel S,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very convenient to the Convention Center, City Place, Clematis Street and the Beach! We look forward to your next visit to West Palm Beach!
Miami
Reviewed November 7, 2012

When you think of Hyatt you think of the best but in this case the WPB Hyatt place is simply a pretty average hotel. It offers a great location for business travelers but other than that leaves alot to be desired. The rooms are ok spacious but nothing exciting. The airc onditioning units are loud so harder to sleep in you are a quiet sleeper. There is no room service but there is an A LA Cart menu 24/7 average at best. So for the price you get a decent location and a clean room but don't expect luxury at this location more of a place to sleep and shower which is what it's meant to be. Also parking is quite expensive so be wary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here while visiting a college down the street. Very convenient, quiet, comfortable and quite roomy. Great value for the money. We got a free hot buffet breakfast each morning, which had a multitude of choices. The front desk was helpful with directions, and the business center had all we needed to conduct our business. The hotel is much nicer inside than it appears from the outside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca J
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Rebecca J,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us while visiting the college. The hotel is in a very convenient location, not only to Palm Beach Atlantic University, but also to City Place, Clematis Street and the beach! Thank you for your great review of the hotel, we look forward to seeing you again!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

When you walk in it's beautiful. The checkin process was slow. The room had a nice corner sofa that I found useful to unpack my things. It would probably be comfortable to sleep on. Standup shower was a nice change but water got all over the floor. The AC unit was so loud I couldn't hear the TV nor could I sleep. I suggest turning it off if you can or brining ear plugs. I only slept 4 hours. And that was with a pillow on my head. Breakfast was good. I had oatmeal with fresh cut fruit. The breakfast hostess was very sweet.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mindy D441,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The coxy corner sectional sleeper is a nice feature. Our breakfast also provides a great start to the day. We hope you visit us again in West Palm Beach!
Oakland Park, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the hotel from 10/11-10/15 booked through Hotwire for all of what I believe was 62$ a night. I was a veteran of the "3 star" random hotel as I have used the feature over a dozen times. The hotwire associate whom I booked the reservation told me all the "3 star randoms" had "free parking".... I called the Hyatt Place after reservation and asked about what is needed to be payed additionally upfront as I know most hotels have a security. I was told 200 Cash+30$ a night (which is horrible as most 4-Stars offer 50$ flat a night) or 30$ each night via card. I knew I needed 120$ additionally but no biggie because I would get it back. The ONLY reason I even give this hotel a 2 Star (honestly would give it 2.5 stars if possible) is the rooms. Gosh, out of all the 3 stars this place is by far the nicest. Stayed at a few 4 Stars and none had a 42" Plasma TV like these and I love the separation of living area/bed. The A/C is located horribly next to the bed though and it isn't the quietest. The "Free Breakfast" in the morning is really bad.. I can't say anything more/less about it. The Pool is the same size as the Jacuzzi next to it and the waterfall that I heard about wasn't working. I still would of gave this hotel a solid 3.5/4 until the lack of Management struck. I did self checkout on the 15th by the Kiosk which was easy and carefree. I went to use my debit card on the 17th and noticed Hyatt charged me 19$ a night parking!! I immediately called Hyatt and spoke to a Manager. She was very polite and told me they had certain Hotwire listing errors that she thought where sorted out. I used to work at Bradley's and could of easily parked my car for free. She told me do not worry and that she would refund my money and let her head know of the error via Hotwire. Checking my balance two days later to find nothing is pending... Called Hyatt AGAIN different manager and he told me they where busy so the refund was done that day! 2 full days after my call! For short it's now 3 days later my refund is not in sight... I called Hyatt and was told no manager is on duty Saturday or Sunday and to call back Monday... Wow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Steve J
JamesDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Steve J,

Thanks for taking the time out to share feedback about your stay. I am sincerely apologetic about the misunderstanding with regards to our parking fees and have since reached out to our Hotwire partners to rectify the misinformation. I have been informed that the correct parking details are shown now on the Hotwire site and hopefully this will no longer be an issue. We appreciate your stay and again your feedback concerning the follow up was also addressed and rectified. We hope when your travel brings you back to West Palm Beach you will give us another opportunity to serve as your home away from home.

Sunny Regards,

James Hansen
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This brand new hotel is very convenient to the airport and well located in downtown. The staff is very friendly and the rate is excellent. The room was comfortable with a nice layout. The sofa was L-shaped so it was nice for easy TV watching or more than one person. I liked that my room was up-to-date with a shower enclosure and I didn't have to get in and out of a tub. Excellent wi-fi. The TV viewing area has a good feature in that the connections for HDMI, cell phone charger, etc. can be easily plugged in versus reaching behind furniture to get to wall plugs or behind a TV set. The bed also had a master light control panel. All-in-all many 5-star features to include an excellent complimentary breakfast - a good start to the day. I'm a light sleeper so my only complaint is a noisy air conditioner which I turned off - but being in Florida that could not be comfortable either; also my room was on the street so I had street noise. I would definitely recommend this property and it encourages me to try other Hyatts in other cities. I hope to come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Abby G,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Our plug-n-play panel is a great feature! We look forward to your next visit to West Palm Beach!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#2 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Downtown/CityPlace Area
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Do...
#11 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West ...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!