“Convenient Downtown Location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, FL
“Convenient Downtown Location”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Located perfectly in downtown, making it easy to get to either Clematis St or Cityplace. Room is comfortable with plenty of space for two people. Knew parking was an additional surcharge so it wasn't an issue. Complimentary breakfast with waffles and ham & egg muffins are a plus. Would stay there again for a nice weekend getaway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear kennyf1130,

Thank you for your review of of our hotel. We are happy to here you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the West Palm Beach/Downtown area. Our rooms are quite comfortable and spacious. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2012

my friends and i booked a room at the hyatt for my birthday weekend. upon arrival, the clerk at the desked asked my name .....looked in the computer and told me "sorry we dont have a room for you.. we gave them all away to a wedding party." while the man was telling me this information, the "manager" was behind him just going about his business... he finally approached us and said there were absolutely no rooms and there was nothing he could do for us at the hyatt. he did, however, tell us they were sending all of the other hotel guests who booked a room with them and couldnt accomodate them down to the marriot by the train tracks.. they had a stack of papers written out to give the "guests" who were unable to stay there...EVENTHOUGH we all booked a room with them....ready to give to us.. i found this insulting......if they took the time to type out these "vouchers" to send us to another hotel, why didnt they have the time to CALL the guests who were promised a room, then taken the room from?! a little heads up would have been nice.. i will not book here ever again... nor will i reccommend this to anyone else...

Room Tip: stay at the marriot... it is nice and they were very accommodating.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank megbrett
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear megbrett,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We always strive to exceed guest expectations. Unfortunately, due to a sold out weekend and an exceptional number of extended stayover guests, we are sorry we were unable to honor your reservation. It was our pleasure to accommodate you at another hotel. Should your travels bring you to the area again, we hope you will allow us to redeem ourselves by choosing to stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, we will certainly reach out to guests in advance should this ever happen in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt Place for business for 2 nights in August 2012. The hotel is centrally located in WPB approximately 10 minutes from I-95. Its a 5 minute drive/15 minute walk to the beach and is near a number of stores and restaurants.
The hotel is relatively new. The decor is modern/austere and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I really liked the fact that there are kiosks for automatic check in which reduce the time waiting a the front desk. The lobby is a little dark, but quite spacious.
The rooms are very large with a sitting area with a desk and couch separate from the sleeping area. The TV is positioned so one can watch from both "rooms". Bathroom is average sized and the climate control is quite nice. Rooms are quiet and the beds are very comfortable.
Breakfast in the morning is expansive and filling. The work out area is small but with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bicycle and some free weights. The pool/sauna is nice and was barely used while i stayed there. Love the free wifi.
Only a few issues that prevent me from giving 5 stars. The parking garage is unattended and connects to the hotel via the lobby and a mezzanine area. The mezzanine area entrance is secured and you need key card entry for access, but once youre in, you have access to guest floors. I know the hotel is in west palm beach and not chicago, but i did notice that this was a weak access point to the hotel.
Other minor thing was the workout area was not totally clean. People sweat when they work out and at the very least there should be sani-wipes so guests can wipe down equipment. There werent any and its my fault for forgetting to mention this to the front desk, I'm sure they would have taken care of it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear cubsfan73,

We are excited you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance to fabulous restaurants and the beach. We look forward to your next stay! Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were visiting family in WPB and our 1 night here provided a great location. Located in the heart of town (which was quiet on a summer weekend) near to the beach and within vicinity of our family's home.

The room was large and clean and the staff was super friendly!Overall props to the Hyatt Place chain!

1 Thank Msk6261
Dear Msk6261,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am happy we could accomodate you while you were visiting family in the area. We look forward to your next visit!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was my final hotel stop for my last 3 days of my visit to West Palm Beach and another winner! The location was perfect for a downtown stay. You can walk to popular areas like citiplace and clematis streat or you can utilize the complimentary shuttle service (only negative is that it doesn't go to the airport and I wasn't aware that there was one that takes you to palm beach island..I should have asked and then I would have known..lol) to take you there and pick you up. The rooms were identical to Hyatt Place I stayed in at Ft Lauderdale. The decor of the rooms and common areas are modern and stylish. The television is centrally located in the room and there is a partition that separates the living room from the bedroom area. The television can be turned to be viewable in either room. The duel queen beds were comfortable and the sectional double as a sleeper sofa if neccessary. The room is equiped with a microfridge and single serve coffee maker. The only thing I would add would be a microwave but there is one outside of the breakfast area on the main level. What set WPB a step ahead of the other Hyatt Suites for me was the addition of the AM Skillets which added 3 additional hot item selections to the continental breakfast. It included breakfast sandwiches (a bacon egg and cheese biscuit, and a healthier open face turkey, eggwhite, and on a croissant, as well as either french toast or waffles. This was a nice addition to the complimentary breakfast. I will say that the staff was phenomenal. They worked extremely hard to ensure that you were informed and satisfied. They were true jacks of all trades from checking you in, to driving you in the shuttle, to preparing your meals. They were always inviting, courteous and conversational which made me feel very welcomed. My only issue with my entire stay was that my room wasn't cleaned the final day. Although I pushed the button to have my room cleaned, in haste I believe that I accidentally left the tag that I was still sleeping, so I'm partially to blame for that. Otherwise, my stay left me impressed and I would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Although they didn't provide an airport shuttle, Bianca recommended and refered me to Luxury Tra...
1 Thank Rome_411
Dear Rome_411,

What a wonderful review of our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and the close proximity to City Place, Clematis Street, and the Beach...next time you are in town we will be more than happy to shuttle you there. Also, we do have microwaves available for your room, just request one when you make your reservation, or upon check-in and we will have one delivered!

Thank You again and have a great day!
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

First of all, let me say that I am a Hilton Honors Gold member and 95% of the time stay at Hilton properties. However, there were no Hilton brand hotels within walking distance of our child's college (Palm Beach Atlantic), so we decided to stay at Hyatt Place. Unfortunately for Hilton, Hyatt Place has won our business in WPB -- this place is TOP-NOTCH. It is the perfect location to get anywhere in a hurry around the nicer parts of WPB, and within an easy walk to City Place (shops, restaurants & entertainment).

Hyatt Place has done a great job establishing a wonderful brand & identity. You know what you're going to get at a Hyatt Place and this one did not disappoint. BIG rooms with that wonderful sectional sofabed, that signature fresh scent when you walk into the lobby, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and friendly people. The one upgrade we noticed since we last stayed in a Hyatt Place is the upgraded breakfast. Their breakfasts were really delicious and the breakfast staff so friendly. The lobby area is very nice and spacious, and our internet connection worked great in our room as well as in the lobby. There is ample parking in their garage (though a small fee for it), but it was nice to know we'd find a space within an easy walk to the front door. And if you don't have a car, there is a shuttle available ready to take you wherever you need to go.

One other thing we noticed is that rooms are very soundproof -- we were RIGHT by the elevator and never noticed one sound because of it. The climate control system also works very well.

Hyatt Place West Palm Beach is such a nice hotel that in the future I will look forward to staying there as much as I will look forward to being in WPB!! Once you stay there you will see why I titled my review "Ahhhhhhh!"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear AmishLou,

Thank you for your great review of our Hyatt Place! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our delicious breakfast. We are excited to be rolling out a new food menu in the very near future, you will surely have to try it next time you visit us!
Detroit, MI
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here for an overnight stop. We booked the room through Priceline and received a very great deal! The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel and rooms are very clean! The breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen offered by a hotel. The only downside was we weren't informed of the $19 a day parking fee until we saw a sign posted in the elevator when we were going to the room. Overall, this is a GREAT place to stay. We will stay here again if the oppurtunity arises.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear DetroitRed,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are delighted you enjoyed our A.M. Kitchen Skillet Breakfast. We hope to see you again on your next visit to West Palm Beach!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Downtown/CityPlace Area
Residence Inn West Palm Beach Do...
#11 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West ...
#10 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!