“If you're not looking for a chain restaurant”

Gulfstream Bistro and Seafood Market
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Try this place!!! Looks like a seafood market...and it is. You can eat at the restaurant (sans market smell) and order from several daily specials or a nice selection of menu items, as well as pick straight from the meat/seafood case for a slight upcharge. I recommend the jambalaya stuffed snapper, it was delicious! If you're looking for a nice place without the usual stuff, go here!

1  Thank angieinar

Reviewed August 21, 2009

We are constantly on the lookout for good seafood, and we found it. This place is casual enough to stop in after a day at the beach. The seafood is fresh and cooked right. The staff is super friendly. They have a fresh fish case out front if you want to take something home and cook it. Or, you can order off of a small but liberal menu. You can even pick something from the fresh case and they will cook it and add the sides for $6 above the raw price per pound. This is a great place to eat. Try it.

3  Thank vigeant
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I've driven past this place for a year now, always vowing to try it, and always forgot about it. Had the chance in March. Wasn't sure at all what to expect. I got a very charming small lobster restaurant with a decent fish market inside. I was greeted with a great smile and a warm welcome. Most of the diners in there that night were much older people who were all having a great time.
The lobster was outstanding for $19.99 for a pound and a 1/4 with 2 sides. I had the Florida lobster and my guest had the Maine lobster. One steamed, one broiled. We were stuffed silly by the time we left. We had iced tea, so our bill was relatively small for the lobster dinner we happily ate.
This one is a prime catch!!

2  Thank TenPerfectNails
Reviewed November 23, 2008

Before flying home to San Francisco, I went in search of a good Florida seafood meal and I was happily surprised to chance upon Gulf Stream Seafood in my meanderings. Having grown up in the South - I'm from GA and attended nursing school in New Orleans - I went a little berserk in ordering. I immediately chose a dozen oysters on the half shell and was thrilled with the large, succulent Gulf beauties that arrived, complete with catsup, horseradish, and lemon to enhance the experience. Next, I feasted on steamed clams, done just right in a garlic butter, parslied broth. I couldn't resist conch fritters which were some of the best I've eaten, chock full of conch and just a bit on the spicy side. To finish my meal, I had three large stone crab claws, as wonderful as I remembered them from my youth. All this was washed down with a bottle of nice, reasonably priced chardonnay from their modest wine list.

I won't ever return to the West Palm Beach area without dining at
Gulf Stream Seafood. Not that I want to cook when I'm on vacation but they also boast a fresh fish market if you want to take something home - or if you want to choose a fish from their selection and have the chef prepare it for you.

4  Thank RNSANE