“Awful”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Don't believe the high reviews. If I could give a zero, I would.
The place is worn out and needs updating 5 years ago.
When you first walk in, you immediately notice a fishy odor.
I would not go back, even if it was free.
Good luck folks. You were warned.
Oh, I do remember the wait staff was nice though.

1  Thank paulak298

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I winter in WPB and go to Gulfstream AT LEAST monthly. It is OUTSTANDING and consistent. Wide variety of seafood and IF YOU WANT MORE, THEY HAVE A FISH MARKET attached that you can select other kinds of fish not on the menu. We love their stone crabs (a bit expensive but outstanding).
New owners have done a great job with the place...they are Asian and you can even order a WHOLE FISH (I like with ginger) served asian style for dinner.
Service good, not spectacular. This IS NOT A WHITE GLOVE restaurant...just a great meal at a reasonable price.
By the way...they also have lobster specials weekly

Reviewed July 8, 2013

A friend and I went for dinner, for appetizer we had the Coconut Shrimp, the appetizer we very good and the sweet chili sauce was great. For our entree we had the Grilled Fish and the Hog Snapper with mashed potatoes. The portions were not very big at all for the price and did not see the value. The two dishes did not have a very good presentation and the mashed potatoes were a bit cold and lacked any great taste. Over all we spend about $70 and left still a bit hungry and after the two entrée’s did not decide to stay for dessert. The overall service was great though, they were prompt and very helpful with going through the menu. The waiter did recommend the Lobster but I am not the biggest fan of lobster so I went with the fish. To summarize I did not see the value here.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

friendly staff, fantastic food, fresh seafood, owners were kind, atmosphere was comfortable, prices were reasonable. I come for both market and restaurant and both are wonderful.

1  Thank Clatilda H
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've past this place many times and finally gave it a try. I was very happy with the experience. I liked the market on display in the front and the dinning room was small yet very nice. And very CLEAN, which is one thing I always pay attention to when eating out. Our server was a very nice young gentleman and when I told him it was my first visit, he didnt hesitate to help with any questions I had. The manu was good. Very great choices and lots to choose from. The owners are asian and both were very kind and up front managing everything. All in all I had a lovely experience and will likely return very soon.

1  Thank alex t