“Loved it!!”

McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: RESERVATIONS REQUIRED! : Eight lush acres of endangered wildlife surrounded by a botanical garden situated in the palmetto and pine forest of West Palm Beach! Over 200 animals from White Tigers to African Lions, Black Leopards, Ligers, Lynx and Amur Leopards seen from just four feet away you can't get any closer than this by law! Hands on experiences with parrots, kinkajous, alligators, snakes, and well who knows what else. You will have to come by and experience it for your self! We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit wildlife rescue facility that take in injured native wildlife, orphaned babies, and unwanted exotic pets! Your experience here goes hand in hand with helping us with the tremendous expense in this cause.Price is $35.00 Dollars for adults and $25.00 Dollars for children.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I visited McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary and had a great experience. Got to hold a Kinkachu and a large snake! So much fun, well worth the cost/donation and will visit again. Kara, our guide was wonderful! A must see attraction!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,246)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

What an amazing place to visit. Our tour guide Ashlyn was such a passionate guide. She went above and beyond to make sure that every guest had the best experience. I never thought we would be able to get so close to the wild cats and interact with them as we did. Its utterly amazing how each animal has a story of how they came to be at McCarthy's and how much pride they take in caring for each animal. This is a must see when in Palm Beach, forget Lion Country Safari come here and request Ashlyn to be your tour guide.

3  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I had a great tour today! Ana was great! We were lucky enough to be able to have a private tour. The animals were incredible, and our tour guide was so passionate about all the animals, and you could tell they were used to her, and knew who she was. It was an overall awesome experience, and I recommend it to everyone! You learn so much about the animals, and get a close up and personal with them. Can't wait to go back again to play with baby animals!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I were impressed from the get-go! Excellent staff (thank you, Ashlyn!) who are passionate about these lovely creatures. I've been to many a zoo and this is not even in the same category. It's in a class of its own. Far exceeded our expectations. Highly recommend to anyone in the area looking for a rare and exciting opportunity to meet some really great people and some really cool animals. Worth a drive a little deeper into gator country!

1  Thank Melissa P
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I loved every minute of our tour! Our tour guide Kat was great and knew so much about all the animals. You could tell they truly loved the animals and took very good care of them. I couldn't believe how close we were to the lions, tigers and leopards. All the animals were so beautiful and I was so happy we were able to interact with some of the animals. Out tour lasted 2 hours and we had a small group so it felt like a personal tour. If I ever go back to Florida and will definitely be back.

1  Thank Leslie F