“Cat lovers tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary

McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: Seven lush acres of endangered wildlife surrounded by a botanical garden situated in the palmetto and pine forest of West Palm Beach! Over 200 animals from White Tigers to African Lions, Black Leopards, Ligers, Lynx and Panthers seen from just four feet away you can't get any closer than this by law! Hands on experiences with parrots, kinkajous, alligators, snakes, and well who knows what else. You will have to come by and experience it for your self! We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit wildlife rescue facility that take in injured native wildlife, orphaned babies, and unwanted exotic pets! Your experience here goes hand in hand with helping us with the tremendous expense in this cause.Price is $35.00 Dollars for adults and $25.00 Dollars for children. Reservations required.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cat lovers tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

We really enjoyed seeing the great work done here to keep these beautiful cats and other creatures safe and healthy. Great tour from Cara who explained how all these animals arrive and are taken care of.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Earl M

• Finnish first
Lantana, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our guide, Ashlyn, was fantastic we learned so much about each animal. This was my first trip but will not be my last. Already planning when I can go back. The animals are so beautiful and its great to see how well they are all treated.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Penny B
Cranford, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a great experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Even on a day with torrential downpour..we had a fantastic time. We were politely provided umbrellas, and our guide Kara was very knowledgeable, and very sweet. One of the best parts of the tour was watching how lovingly she interacted with the animals.They really enjoyed playtime with her! Everything was so clean, and the animals looked so well fed. I loved the opportunity to be so up close to the lions and tigers. The tour brought the adventurer out in my family...even my parents. My Mom actually held a tarantula in her hand,and my Dad wore a real Python around his neck!!! I also appreciate the idea of my son seeing a true example of compassion as the animals are rescues. He had a blast learning the stories behind each animal. We always love to go to a zoo...but this was special. It is comforting to see what the small price of the tour, and anything spent in the gift shop goes towards. Clearly McCarthy's is all about the welfare of the animals!!! We will certainly make sure we revisit next time we are in Florida!!! ~Brooke VErnick

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Brooke V
WPB
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Well worth the cost for the tour!! For such an amazing cause. The place was well maintained and the staff was great. Our tour was with Kara and she was extremely informative and has such a passion with the animals. My step kids love it ( they were 6 and 8) Will defentily go again. :)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gg1515
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Ashlyn our guide for the visit was extremely informative. We got ample time with each amazing animal and hands on time with some as well. The faculty is well maintained and the animals seemed very content. I would definitely recommend a visit here.

1 Thank Billie J