“If you do anything when your in West Palm Beach, make sure you see McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary”

McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: RESERVATIONS REQUIRED! : Eight lush acres of endangered wildlife surrounded by a botanical garden situated in the palmetto and pine forest of West Palm Beach! Over 200 animals from White Tigers to African Lions, Black Leopards, Ligers, Lynx and Amur Leopards seen from just four feet away you can't get any closer than this by law! Hands on experiences with parrots, kinkajous, alligators, snakes, and well who knows what else. You will have to come by and experience it for your self! We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit wildlife rescue facility that take in injured native wildlife, orphaned babies, and unwanted exotic pets! Your experience here goes hand in hand with helping us with the tremendous expense in this cause.Price is $35.00 Dollars for adults and $25.00 Dollars for children.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I visited McCarthy's on Feb 7th. It was the best tour, our tour guide Brittany was fabulous, she knew all the animals and was very knowledgable. The Sanctuary is maintained beautifully and all the animals are well cared for. It was nice to be greeted by the owner as well as thanked by the owner when we left. The next time I'm in West Palm Beach I'm sure I will be going back for another visit to the sanctuary.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,328)
All reviews
in 46 reviews
"this place is amazing"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This sanctuary is such a wonderful place to visit. I can't recommend it highly enough. The animals that have been rescued for a variety of reasons couldn't be getting better care. The sanctuary is laid out in a way that makes it visitor friendly with benches in front of each enclosure for those who need to rest a bit. The entire sanctuary is extraordinarily clean. The staff are dedicated to the care of the animals and are expert in providing for their special needs. The big cats were a special treat. The visitor is treated to a very up close and personal visit. In addition there are some smaller animals that the visitor is given an option to hold. The guide that we had, Samantha, was so very knowledgeable about each animals history and needs. She is not just a guide but a person that has hands-on daily interaction with the animals and it is clear that they know and love her. As I said at the start, I cannot recommend this sanctuary highly enough.
Pat

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Kara was our guide and she was very knowledgeable and informative. You can tell the animals are happy, I truly have never seen caged animals seem so happy. It was a true delight. They were all so beautiful and would love if I lived close, so I could be a volunteer. I am an animal lover and big cats are on the top of my list. Everything was so clean, food was fresh, it was so nice to see a family love and care for these animals like this. A blessing.

I had a once in lifetime experience for me, I got to feed the baby tiger Lia. Precious, she was just so beautiful and was a real treat to be able to do that.

If you are ever in FL and have an a couple hours of your day, it's a real treat to see animals in this type of setting versus most zoo's. You really get to be so close to these beautiful creatures and I hope that many people go and donate to such a fantastic family

1  Thank kerry m
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had Kara as a tour guide, she is very informative and knowledgable about all the animals here. We were so impressed with the beautiful animals and how close we were to them. There were lions, tigers, snakes, reptiles, birds, turtles, etc. I am an animal lover and this was way better than any zoo I have ever been to. Also, for $100 we got to hold and feed a baby tiger. I was kind of skeptical about the price but the experience was well worth it and all of the proceeds are matched by an animal foundation which allows McCarthy's to continue operating. I can only imagine how much food they go through every week. We loved every second of this tour, you get to hold a few of the animals too it is so much fun.. highly highly recommended!!