“My favorite place to see big cats up close”

McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: RESERVATIONS REQUIRED! : Eight lush acres of endangered wildlife surrounded by a botanical garden situated in the palmetto and pine forest of West Palm Beach! Over 200 animals from White Tigers to African Lions, Black Leopards, Ligers, Lynx and Amur Leopards seen from just four feet away you can't get any closer than this by law! Hands on experiences with parrots, kinkajous, alligators, snakes, and well who knows what else. You will have to come by and experience it for your self! We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit wildlife rescue facility that take in injured native wildlife, orphaned babies, and unwanted exotic pets! Your experience here goes hand in hand with helping us with the tremendous expense in this cause.Price is $35.00 Dollars for adults and $25.00 Dollars for children.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
“My favorite place to see big cats up close”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went for the third time today. Still the best tour to learn about big cats. Fed the baby tiger Lia and got to revisit the Florida panther and white tiger that I had fed in the past. Hard to believe how big they've gotten. Kara was our guide today and she was the best. I plan to visit again hopefully when there will be another baby cat to feed. Keep up the great work.

• Finnish first
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great time , everytime.”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Last week, my wife and went to McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary for the third time in a year. This place is amazing. It is neat, clean and the animal seem to be very well cared for. Kelly, has been our tour guide every time. She is friendly and informative. It is clear she loves her job and the animals. We have had the awesome experience of "romps" twice. This is where you can play with a baby cat (for and extra fee, when they have them) The first time was with a Florida Panther (Jade) and most resently with Lia the baby Tiger. This is an amazing experience.

We highly, highly recomend this place.

Richfield, Minnesota, United States
“Tour of Wildlife Sanctuary”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Kelly was our guide & she was great - very informative, loved watching her interactions with the animals & she took all the time we needed to answer our many questions & take lots of pictures. The grounds were surprisingly immaculate. Bless my sister's heart, who lives in the area, for taking us there. My sister Susan & I got to play with an 11 week old tiger cub named Lia - was the highlight of my trip & not an opportunity that comes around often - right time, right place type of thing. Kelly was also very nice about letting me skip the whole spider/snake building. I just sat outside & enjoyed the beautiful weather & grounds. I highly recommend this Sanctuary - it was awesome!

Charlotte, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“So Glad We Went!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I took our two children (age 11 and 13) to this facility not really sure what to expect, except for the great reviews on Tripadvisor. I was overjoyed to see these majestic "cats" and every animal there seemed to have such a personality according to our guide, Kelly. She gave us an education in animal behavior and their level of intelligence. I was impressed also with the cleanliness of this place and the care and genuine affection the staff has with these animals. Personally, for me, it's a dream job. We were delighted to hold a Kinkajou (they smell like laundry detergent--really!) and seeing all the animals and learning the stories (some sad) but in the end, a very heartwarming experience. Forget Worth Street, go to McCarthy's!

Margate, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wonderful Day with the Big Cats and other great animals too!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went to McCarthy's today to visit with Lia, their 11 week old Bengal Tiger Cub. WOW is all I can say! My children, ages 8 & 11, got a chance to see up close a huge variety of wildlife and to enjoy a once in a lifetime encounter with a Bengal Tiger. Set in a residential neighborhood, (the owners live on site) it can be deceiving from the outside. The grounds are BEAUTIFULLY kept and the animals enclosures were IMMACULATE! This place is extremely well run and you can tell the owners have a passion for what they are doing. Our guide, Cara, was fun and informative and was GREAT with kids. You could tell she really enjoys doing this and the animals love her. The Tiger Romp with Lia was worth every penny and we got some GREAT pictures that are going to be treasured forever. Don't skip this Sanctuary! You'll be glad you went!