“Once In a Lifetime” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary

McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: Seven lush acres of endangered wildlife surrounded by a botanical garden situated in the palmetto and pine forest of West Palm Beach! Over 200 animals from White Tigers to African Lions, Black Leopards, Ligers, Lynx and Panthers seen from just four feet away you can't get any closer than this by law! Hands on experiences with parrots, kinkajous, alligators, snakes, and well who knows what else. You will have to come by and experience it for your self! We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit wildlife rescue facility that take in injured native wildlife, orphaned babies, and unwanted exotic pets! Your experience here goes hand in hand with helping us with the tremendous expense in this cause.Price is $35.00 Dollars for adults and $25.00 Dollars for children. Reservations required.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Bedford, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Once In a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Ever thought of playing with a baby tiger? We did! McCarthys Wildlife Santuary had a baby Tabby Tiger, We scheduled a time to Romp in the Jungle with Lia, the baby tiger........Lets just say......There are no words to descibe the Awww we were in while playing with a Real Tiger! Listening to the whimpy growl, to a someday ferocious Roar!

The tour is amazing as well! You see animals from the wild, up close. The tour guilds walk you through park and talks about each animal and their backrounds.

The cats are LOVED and WELL taken care of! What a great experience! If your a Big Cat Lover, this is Money Well Spent!

If there ever is another baby tiger there, We WILL BE Back for another Romp In the Jungle!

• Finnish first
lake worth florida
“You just never know what's under your nose”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've lived in the Palm Beach area all of my life, but had never visited McCarthy's. A friend from NY found it on the internet, and suggested we see it during his visit. What a wonderful experience. The main attraction is the big cats. They have a number of magnificent tigers, lions, leopards, panthers, etc. They have several white tigers, including a "snow" tiger, which I've never seen before. You've seen photos of white tigers - white with black stripes - the Snow tiger is all white. No stripes. They even have a liger...very rare. It was sleeping (After all, it is a cat), so we didn't get to see her stand; but I've read they get gigantic. Hope to see more of her on future visits. The tour is about 1.5-2 hours. Our guide, Brittany, was very knowledgeable and presented well. At the end of the tour, after the lions and tigers, and linx and panthers, etc, remember to pet Fluffy, one of the domestic cats they have on the grounds. Romancing the tiger from several thousand generations away.

Lake Worth, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What a great way to spend the day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our tour guide, Kara, was awesome. You could tell she really loved all of the animals and told us information in addition to personal stories. We also did the lemur experience which was well worth the $20 donation. Highly recommend!!

nyc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The area's best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My family has a place in Palm Beach and I come to the area regularly. However, I had never heard of this place until a family member visited, and asked me to take him there. I was surprised I had never heard of it before then. It was awesome. The animals are stunning and well cared for. It was an incredible experience being so close to them. I really liked the atmosphere, and the fact it was an intimate experience that didnt feel commercial, like the zoo. Kelly was an amazing tour guide, who genuinely loved the animals, and her job. She made the tour special, and I hope she is the guide again when I return, which I certainly will. Our tour lasted over 2 hours. Well worth the $25 admission fee. A "must see."

1 Thank tinyrabbitNyc
Marlton, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“McCarthy's is a great afternoon.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a good time. Our guide was very good. She interacted with animals and got them moving around and playing for us to see some really cool things. The animals are amazing. The cats are awesome. Its a great way to support the cause and well worth the money. We will go back if we can.