“Amazing Experience!”

McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: RESERVATIONS REQUIRED! : Eight lush acres of endangered wildlife surrounded by a botanical garden situated in the palmetto and pine forest of West Palm Beach! Over 200 animals from White Tigers to African Lions, Black Leopards, Ligers, Lynx and Amur Leopards seen from just four feet away you can't get any closer than this by law! Hands on experiences with parrots, kinkajous, alligators, snakes, and well who knows what else. You will have to come by and experience it for your self! We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit wildlife rescue facility that take in injured native wildlife, orphaned babies, and unwanted exotic pets! Your experience here goes hand in hand with helping us with the tremendous expense in this cause.Price is $35.00 Dollars for adults and $25.00 Dollars for children.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
West Palm Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went for my birthday since I love big cats and had a great time. It was so nice to see the animals so close up and the tour guide even gives them treats so they are up and moving around. We even got to add on the extra experience of playing with a young FL panther. This place is great! They really love the animals.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kristin A

• Finnish first
Stuart, Florida, United States
“My son's review”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My ten year old son, James, and his grandparents visited the park for the first time today. He was so excited that he was going to be able to interact with monkies at the end of the tour. Unfortunately they had already eaten so he was told he could not interact with them. He was looking forward to them "climbing on him like a tree:-)". Although he was a little disapointed at the end, the adventure he had throughout the tour was wonderful. His favorite part was seeing the tiger/lion breed. He loved telling me all about it and that there are only 40 in the world. He was able to hold baby skunk, a turtle, and honey bear monkey too. He says "he can't wait to be old enough to work there".
All and all it was a great day and I can't wait to bring him back myself. Maybe next time there will be a new baby cub to see.

Beltsville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience for animal lovers”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I were in west palm beach for an extended weekend getaway to get away from the fall weather in Maryland. We had no plan, just a plan to make plans. We found the area to be really great. McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary was the highlight of our trip. I found it while searching for zoos on google. We thought we would have a more intimate experience and help support the animal sanctuary rather than the zoo which is funded. We made the right choice. The animals are all happy and well taken care of. Our tour guide Brittany was very knowledgeable, humorous, and friendly. She knows each and every animal very well. The tour sizes are small and you get individual attention, as well as plenty of time to take pictures. The highlight for us were all the big cats, bottle feeding the baby (but huge) tigers through the fence , and playing with the lemurs. Pictures were amazing! There is an additional fee for the bottle feeding and lemurs, but it is well worth it. All proceeds go to the sanctuary which I hope stands forever and ever until the end of time. All I can really say is I LOVED LOVED LOVED it, it made the trip for us!

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An Animal Lovers Paradise!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a wonderful time at this hidden gem in Palm Beach County. Amazing staff, healthy vibrant animals and a real hands on experience. These rescuers save animal lives everyday and we love knowing exactly where our money went (not to mention the experience was very reasonably priced). The tour was great, we got face to face with beautiful felines, birds, mammals, and reptiles. You can visibly see how happy the animals are. They love people and engaged with us the whole time. My husband bought us VIP passes and we got to bottle feed 1 year old tiger "cubs" more like 300 pound beauties but still. It was amazing to be so close to these animals. I was in heaven! We will be back again.

Staten Island, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Must See”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

everything about this was fantastic! The animals were extremely well treated, the handlers extremely knowledgeable and caring of all of the animals.