“Mediocre Mexican”

Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 806 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Rocco's Tacos offers a true taste of Mexico within a fun casual environment. When you first step through the door you become part of the atmosphere, joining a diverse crowd enjoying flavors picked directly from Mexico. Experience guacamole prepared tableside. Sample from 225 varieties of tequila. Order a margarita with a sour mix you'll taste nowhere else - it's made right on the premises. Rocco's provided a diverse menu with a distinct attention to detail including corn tortillas made by hand and cooked fresh on the Comal in our kitchen, just as they are made in kitchens throughout our neighbors to the south. Prepare for a treat, with the authentic Mexican flavors of Rocco's Tacos. Whether you're looking for a tasty lunch, a destination to build, or a late night fun, you'll find it here. Enjoy.
Reviewed March 20, 2009

The first thing that struck us about this place was the decor - the lighting was awesome - there were these starry lanterns all over the ceiling which caught our eye from the street. The window/door was open in the front so you could be seated inside, but still get the buzz from the street and the breeze. When we first were seated, the waitress was a little less than friendly in telling us that the kitchen would close in 10 minutes so we had to hurry and figure out what we wanted. Well we ordered a pitcher of the house margaritas right away, which was brought quickly, but the waitress didn't come back for ten minutes so we were fretting that the kitchen would close before she came back to take our orders. Well, she did take our orders with no problem. Two of us ordered the tortilla soup & both raved about it. Two of us ordered the shrimp tacos and also raved about them. I ordered the mushroom quesadillas, which were okay but very soggy from being placed on the plate with the wet lettuce salad - was not happy about that. AND you have to pay for chips and salsa! $3 when at most Mexican restaurants they are FREE. They were tasty though, they were seasoned. Actually, the majority of the items on the menu were expensive.

The housemade sour mix margaritas were another story. I don't know how you manage to make bland margaritas, but they pulled it off. We all agreed that it was virtually tasteless. We probably would've complained had a table of nice gentlemen not taken it upon themselves to order us 3 tequila shots each! By the end of the night we didn't care much about the tasteless margaritas!

We definitely had fun, so I would go back for the atmosphere, but I would avoid the house margaritas & quesadillas... and the unfriendly waitress.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,446)

Reviewed March 12, 2009

If you want to go to Rocco's for the food, go during the day, or at least not on a weekend night. On the weekends it get's a bit out of hand at night. As someone else said, like a frat party. You'll still get served food, you just won't be able to hear the person next to you.
Personally I love their food. I'm not sure whats going on with their guacamole, they make a big deal about preparing it next to your table, as if it's world famous. 1 dish is 12 dollars and it was pretty bland. Just get salsa, and their chips are amazing with anything. I've gone with their single taco choices every time. They are small but huge on flavor. I insist on bringing all of my friends who come to town here and they always enjoy it.

Reviewed February 23, 2009

Great food (do the mole), at a reasonable price, with a fun staff. If I lived there, I would go once a week. Great tableside guacamole presentation, memorable flights of tequila to try, teen agers loved it also.

1  Thank camdeca
Reviewed January 10, 2009

I went here last night for my sisters birthday. We had a party of 13 and a reservation was made and when we got there they had a huge table ready for all of us. The service was great considering how busy they were and how many people are just standing around drinking as the servers snake their way through them. I ordered the chicken and steak fagitas. They were amazing. The meat comes out in a bowl that is like made out of lava rock or something and it literally stayed boiling hot the whole time. The meat itself was great. Ive never had steak for fajitas that was so tender that it would just fall apart in my mouth. Everybody else seemed to really enjoy their food as well. Just beware its gets alittle crazy and early. We got there at 8:30 and every half hour a guy withy a mic in one hand a bottle of patron in the other walks along the bar to the blaring song "tequila" and pours out free shots to anybody who want one either in their drink or they just tilt their head back and down he pours it. Funny stuff but fun. I hope you like tequila!!

1  Thank fast89pony
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Atmosphere is cool... food, well diluted Mexican food... hot salsa: not hot, so where's the flavor - just a thought.