“Outstanding steak house & posh setting”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Palm Bay, Florida
“Outstanding steak house & posh setting”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Steak lovers and those wanting excellent atmosphere will find this place ideal. In PB Hammock Mall. Fair prices. Delicious entrees.. Quiet. Great for taking others out: Easy-to-please. Not for tiny eaters or nibblers

Visited September 2012
1 Thank mgmtdr

West Melbourne, Florida
“Great steak, superb shrimp appetizer”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I took my family here after a long shopping day. The atmosphere is quite conducive to relaxation- no noise, no loud raucous music, no yelling barflies. Really nice ambiance. We started with the Wild West shrimp, a more than generous serving of lightly breaded (with cornmeal, no greasy fry job)shrimp that was still delicious-we've had it twice.The light sweet red pappers balanced out the jalapenos, a spicy sidekick to the sweetness of the shrimp. My steak was perfectly prepared- medium rare-juicy, tender, with garlic butter. Much better quality than Outback orTexas Roadhouse. The bread was warm & soft & delicious. We were given more. My wife's Parmesan crusted chicken was the best chicken I have ever eaten, save for Chicken Brian at Carrabba's. The chocolate dessert was decadant, yummy, & sinfully rich. Everything was A class top of the line. Much classier than other places around. Our waiter remembered us from before, always a plus. Very warm, inviting, yet comfortably Western. We loved it. We will go back again. Well worth it!

• Visited December 2012
Florida
“Lunch at Longhorn in W Melbourne/Palm Bay”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Took the family there for lunch.

The decor was very pleasing to the eye and overall had a nice feel about it.

My steak was very good, cooked just the way I liked it. The baked potato was small and not an Idaho as you get at an Outback. For a $25 steak I was disappointed in the size of the potato.
The salad was excellent as was the fresh bread. The server said she would bring an additional basket of bread with the meal but did not.

My wife ordered a burger medium with fries. The fries were cold and the burger was medium +. When the server asked about our meat and we said the burger was overdone it was gladly replaced. The only negative was that my wife had to eat alone since it took a bit of time to prepare another burger. A manager brought the new burger back to us and appologized which was classy.

The dessert, a Lava Cake with ice cream was very good and a perfect way to end the meal.

I was a bit surprised that due to their cooking the burger incorrectly and making my wife wait an extra 12 minutes they didnt comp the one dessert. A good manager that is accountable to the customer would normally offer something for an error like that.

For that reason I will stick with Outback which appears to care more for their customers. Kind of let down by the experience. The GM passed the table several times but never stopped to chat. At Applebees and Outback a manager will always come to the table and schmooz which customers like. They failed to do this at the Longhorn. I will never return to this venue.

• Visited September 2012
Summerville, South Carolina
“A Great Steak”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had the bacon wrapped sirloin - yum! My family enjoyed their meals as well. Our server was great.

I probably still prefer Texas Roadhouse for the overall experience (rolls, salad with egg and cheese, etc.), but I think Longhorn may have a slightly better steak, and their bread and salad were good too. We will come back again.

• Visited September 2012
Palm Bay, Florida
“Dinner our with friends”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food was great. Price good. The service was a little slow. A Monday evening around 8 pm. 4 adults with a few folks at 2 other tables and we had to wait 45 minutes for our meal. We thought they might be out back rounding up the cow for slaughter.

Visited August 2012