“Great Value for breakfast”

Ethel & Fred's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very humble/simple place with great prices and extremely friendly service. Don't bother with Denny's or IHOP: this is real food and real coffee.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is very inexpensive place for breakfast. I had the Country Omelet, with hash browns and a side of corned beef hash. The food was ok, though on the greasy side. The corned beef was right out of a Hormel can, which in itself is not terrible considering the prices ($11 w/coffee). The staff was friendly and kept the coffee cup filled. I would have to say though that you should find a Denny's first if you are looking for a quick inexpensive breakfast.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had dinner there..so this review does not apply to breakfast. I hear breakfast there is great.

Dinner is kind of quirky. It definitely feels like a 50's - 70's restaurant both in look and menu. It has diner food in the restaurant. The food was good and appropriately priced. You can have dinner there for under $15. I also have the feeling that Ethel and Fred work there.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have a large group that likes to go out to breakfast after church on Sunday and Ethel and Fred's is always gracious and handles our group nicely. Occasionally we have our food brought out a different times or get watery oatmeal, but the majority of the time the food is great quality and fairly priced and the servers are very friendly and helpful!! Last time I was there I was dieting and asked for egg white omelet with spinach, swiss, mushroom and onion. It was delicious!! When you're not dieting their blueberry pancakes are a HUGE hit! Loaded with blueberries and they'll fry the muffins for you! YUM! Their muffins are really good and in my opinion better than the muffin namesake in Indialantic. They just did a smallish remodel with paint and new pictures. Just ask for your oatmeal cooked well. :-)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had breakfast there one morning. Cheap and well prepared. we enjoyed it. I had a waffle, eggs and sausage. Wife had pancakes and egges. Friendly staff too.