“just another tired I75 spot”

Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
London, Ontario
“just another tired I75 spot”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Friendly staff, lots of noise from I75, you like to eat at Cracker Barrel, good spot, because that is all there is.... Pretty much a usual interstate package hotel that is getting tired. Breakfast included was not bad...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vaughn B
GMWesleyChapel, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us; and we highly appreciate the time you took to give us a feedback on how your stay has been. It brings us delight that you took notice of our friendly staff services and the breakfast served. We do however apologize for the disturbances from I75; our location can sometimes have much street activity as much as we try to contain it. Nevertheless we still make it a point to give our guests a comfortable place to stay in, thank you for inspiring us to do so much more for our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cape Coral
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a really tough one. The best part of the hotel is the lobby/dining area. And thats it. So here we go...We finally found the place, after driving past it a few times and asking a gas station attendant (in the station at the end of the road it was on) and he said he never heard of it. It turns out that the Rodeway sign was way down on a fence in front of the property while the big lit up sign on the building said Comfort Inn. Which is a BIG lie. No comfort here. We were on the second floor and after we stepped off the elevator, it was like another world. A creepy, messy kinda look over your shoulder or be jumped world. The ceiling was really high and the carpet was dirty, walls were dirty, doors looked old and a plant that was in the hallway had trash in the planter. candy wrappers and other assorted junk was strewn about here and there in the corners and edges of the hallway. I had my children with me and we were tired as it was late and we hurried to the room. The room smelled a bit moldy, and there were nasty unknown stains all over the curtains and bleach stains on the bed spreads. The door latch that is supposed to flip over a peg as extra security, fell apart. There was a half roll of toilet paper and no tissues. The window was filthy and overlooked a drainage ditch and in the distance...2 other hotels we wished we were in instead. We were supposed to have a microwave and fridge but there was no fridge. There was a place for one, but it was gone! They said they didnt have any, and when I showed my confirmation letter stating microwave AND fridge, she said it was a mistake. We had food to put in a fridge, but no fridge. There was a spot on the wall where all the cords to things were hanging out, having a party, and you would think this kind of thing would be frowned upon. they should be hidden behind the wall unit, but no, right out in the open. (see my pics) The floor in the bathroom was moldy by the tub, and the toilet seat had what looked like urine on it and there was toilet paper in the toilet..WHEN WE GOT THERE!! Since arguing another room seemed pointless and probably would have been worse than what we had and like I said it was late, we just went to bed. On the cement slabs they called beds. Everyone tossed and turned all night and woke up in bad moods. and since we were up early, (no one wanted to stay in the beds any longer) we went down to see what they had for breakfast. They had a nice area for dining, but too small. There were at least 30 people waiting for one waffle maker, and the other 20 or so were seated at all of the available tables. The hot food was empty and a line waiting for more to be put out, and even when you get it, there is no place to sit unless you go outside by the pool. We were dressed but didnt have our jackets for outside, and it was about 40 degrees out! We went out for a few minutes, but it was too cold to stay, there were makeshift tables out there anyway that someone cut holes into to stick an umbrella through. So lets take our food to the room and eat it...NO! you have to eat it here a sign said...and the lady who was in charge of the breakfast. My youngest called her a "meanie pants"! So we stood over some people who were eating, no, done eating and just chatting while my fiance waited for food, until we guilted them into giving up the table. Sad, but it had to be done. The food was actually good once we finally sat down to eat it. Biscuits and sausage gravy & waffles, plus all the normal breads bagels pastries and such available. one of my girls wanted cereal, and started to pour milk on and there was only a couple of tablespoons that came out. we asked for more, and the lady said it was gone. so my daughter had damp cereal. after she finished it, and went to throw away the bowl, the lady came out with more milk and said to her, heres more milk with a sneer! How rude! Anyway, we decided to get the heck outta there, so we went up to get our things, and the sun was now coming through the curtain...and we hadnt opened it. there were holes all over it! We got our stuff and checked out, I got my receipt and saw I was charged for a safe, We never used it so I asked her to remove the charge and was told she could not, because it was there and we can chose to use it or not, but it is charged regardless. I told her I never had to pay for a safe unless I actually need to use it and we checked in late and never left so why would I need it? I also added I really should have $10 taken off for the fridge I didnt get but was supposed to. Because if I ask for one in a hotel they charge $10. That wasn't going to happen either. Anyway, I will just tell everyone I can about this experience and hope that it steers people away from the madness and disguting misrepresented rooms they have at this Comfor....oh yeah, RODEWAY INN.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diana B
We value every helpful feedback given to us by our guests, this not only serves as an opportunity to correct our deficiencies but also a tangible inspiration to meet the expectations of our guests satisfactorily. We couldn’t thank you enough for giving us your very insightful feedback concerning our hotel cleanliness in total, and the lack of facilities and amenities. We sincerely apologize if we fell short in the delivery of our services, but rest assured that your voice has been clearly heard and that we will do our utmost to prevent such matters to occur again in the future. We hope that you would reconsider visiting us again.

Travelers are raving about these Wesley Chapel hotels

Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I were in the prosscess of buying a house and the closing dates kept geting extended so we had to stay in this hotel until the house went thru. We stayed there for three weeks, the maids only made the beds and it took me throwing the bedding out the door for them to replace our sheets( if they even did that). While they gave us new towels every so often it is sporadic at best. Also they seem to not even be able replace toliet paper that has run out. They did not cleaned our shower bathroom nor have they vaccummed but maybe once the entire time. Also our hotel keys continued to not work and we would need to go up front continously to get new keys. Also the back door is always unlocked! There is no security at all for the back door anyone can come in! Half the lgihts in our room did not work and the breakfast is horrible! This place is the last place I will set foot in!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Keith W, Manager at Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

As of January 15th, 2013 we are currently under new management and staff. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay here. Its comments like yours that help show us what needs to be improved on to ensure the best possible guest experience. We are making every possible effort to ensure no other guests feel what you endured. Please accept our sincere apology and we do hope to accommodate you, your family & friends in the future.

Toronto
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We had a great experience with this hotel. First, a lot of hotels in the area were charging extra because of a Strawberry Festival. We asked for the Internet rate and got it. The service was fast and there were no problems. The room was big and even had a couch. We had a king size bed, fridge and a nice washroom which was clean. They had a breakfast in the morning which was average. The only minor complaints we had were the WI FI and day security. It took forever to logon to the WI FI and it kept dropping the signal until late at night. The door to the entrance of the building at the far end was unlocked during the day - it should always be locked to keep out non-visitors. We would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: We were near the stairs at the far end which meant we didn't have to go through the lobby all th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dougfms
Keith W, Manager at Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay at our hotel. It is guest’s comments likes yours that help show us what needs to be done to make every guest experience better. You stated that our breakfast was average? We offer a hot continental breakfast each and every morning. Biscuits & Gravy, Waffles, Danishes, Muffins, Eggs, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, 3 varieties of Cereal including Oatmeal, Hot Coffee, Tea, and Milk. We look forward to your continued business & hope to see you soon.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Having gone to numerous CHOICE HOTELS properties over the years, this was a disappointment.

The hotel's hallway carpeting looked quite dirty, not a good sign of things to come.

While the room was clean, essentials either didn't work or were missing on arrival. For example, the TV remote control didn't work. I went down to the front desk. It turned out that the remote had to be "programmed" for the type of TV that was in my room. Why wasn't this done by hotel staff beforehand?

There was a coffeemaker in the rrom with coffee and tea bags. Alas, no plastic, styrofoam, or any other type of cups for the coffee/tea -- let alone to brush one's teeth, etc. Moreover, there was shampoo but no conditioner. Why weren't these things replenished by hotel staff after the last guest had left?

Breakfast was OK in quality but subpar in variety compared to other Comfort Inns I've stayed at.

In short, an OK place for a short visit but...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank George52_11

Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Our first room had a heater that clicked loudly as the compressor turned off and on nearly constantly. I called the front desk and was told it would stop as soon as it "got going". After an hour it had not stopped so I asked for another room and his first question was to ask why we were using the heater. Then maintenance came to the room to tell me since the temperature was set to "in the middle" (as opposed to the hottest temp) it "didnt know what to do". Again, I insisted on another room since we didn't need it that hot. The maintenance guy was nice and helped us move our stuff to a remodeled room. It was nicer but then we discovered the TV remote didn't work. We just went to bed and decided enough was enough.

• Stayed January 2012

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed at the at this Comfort Inn for 1 night.
Though it is a "newer" hotel, the smell , decor, cleanliness and overall appearance would lead you to believe that it is much older.
The grass alongside the buiding was literally a foot tall. Our rooms carpet was unbelievably nasty - we did not walk barefoot , the sofa was filthy, and beer bottle caps were visibly noticeable behind the armoire. The tub had a huge crack that had been "repaired" with dark caulk. The coffee pot was missing, but the maker was there.
Overall this is a poor property.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

#1 of 9 in Zephyrhills
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa North - Wesley Chapel

Been to Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel? Share your experiences!