This is a really tough one. The best part of the hotel is the lobby/dining area. And thats it. So here we go...We finally found the place, after driving past it a few times and asking a gas station attendant (in the station at the end of the road it was on) and he said he never heard of it. It turns out that the Rodeway sign was way down on a fence in front of the property while the big lit up sign on the building said Comfort Inn. Which is a BIG lie. No comfort here. We were on the second floor and after we stepped off the elevator, it was like another world. A creepy, messy kinda look over your shoulder or be jumped world. The ceiling was really high and the carpet was dirty, walls were dirty, doors looked old and a plant that was in the hallway had trash in the planter. candy wrappers and other assorted junk was strewn about here and there in the corners and edges of the hallway. I had my children with me and we were tired as it was late and we hurried to the room. The room smelled a bit moldy, and there were nasty unknown stains all over the curtains and bleach stains on the bed spreads. The door latch that is supposed to flip over a peg as extra security, fell apart. There was a half roll of toilet paper and no tissues. The window was filthy and overlooked a drainage ditch and in the distance...2 other hotels we wished we were in instead. We were supposed to have a microwave and fridge but there was no fridge. There was a place for one, but it was gone! They said they didnt have any, and when I showed my confirmation letter stating microwave AND fridge, she said it was a mistake. We had food to put in a fridge, but no fridge. There was a spot on the wall where all the cords to things were hanging out, having a party, and you would think this kind of thing would be frowned upon. they should be hidden behind the wall unit, but no, right out in the open. (see my pics) The floor in the bathroom was moldy by the tub, and the toilet seat had what looked like urine on it and there was toilet paper in the toilet..WHEN WE GOT THERE!! Since arguing another room seemed pointless and probably would have been worse than what we had and like I said it was late, we just went to bed. On the cement slabs they called beds. Everyone tossed and turned all night and woke up in bad moods. and since we were up early, (no one wanted to stay in the beds any longer) we went down to see what they had for breakfast. They had a nice area for dining, but too small. There were at least 30 people waiting for one waffle maker, and the other 20 or so were seated at all of the available tables. The hot food was empty and a line waiting for more to be put out, and even when you get it, there is no place to sit unless you go outside by the pool. We were dressed but didnt have our jackets for outside, and it was about 40 degrees out! We went out for a few minutes, but it was too cold to stay, there were makeshift tables out there anyway that someone cut holes into to stick an umbrella through. So lets take our food to the room and eat it...NO! you have to eat it here a sign said...and the lady who was in charge of the breakfast. My youngest called her a "meanie pants"! So we stood over some people who were eating, no, done eating and just chatting while my fiance waited for food, until we guilted them into giving up the table. Sad, but it had to be done. The food was actually good once we finally sat down to eat it. Biscuits and sausage gravy & waffles, plus all the normal breads bagels pastries and such available. one of my girls wanted cereal, and started to pour milk on and there was only a couple of tablespoons that came out. we asked for more, and the lady said it was gone. so my daughter had damp cereal. after she finished it, and went to throw away the bowl, the lady came out with more milk and said to her, heres more milk with a sneer! How rude! Anyway, we decided to get the heck outta there, so we went up to get our things, and the sun was now coming through the curtain...and we hadnt opened it. there were holes all over it! We got our stuff and checked out, I got my receipt and saw I was charged for a safe, We never used it so I asked her to remove the charge and was told she could not, because it was there and we can chose to use it or not, but it is charged regardless. I told her I never had to pay for a safe unless I actually need to use it and we checked in late and never left so why would I need it? I also added I really should have $10 taken off for the fridge I didnt get but was supposed to. Because if I ask for one in a hotel they charge $10. That wasn't going to happen either. Anyway, I will just tell everyone I can about this experience and hope that it steers people away from the madness and disguting misrepresented rooms they have at this Comfor....oh yeah, RODEWAY INN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rodeway Inn, a hotel in Wesley Chapel FloridaThe Rodeway Inn® hotel is centrally located minutes from New Tampa, St. Leo University and the University of South Florida. Zephyrhills, Dade City and Land of Lakes are also located close by. Additional area attractions include Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, the Florida State Fairgrounds and the USF Sun Dome. Hillsborough River State Park and Caladesi Island State Park are just a short drive away. This Wesley Chapel, FL hotel is conveniently located just off of Interstate 75 and State Route 54. There is a Cracker Barrel Old Country Store and Restaurant and Outback Steakhouse located next door and 18 restaurants within half a mile of this Wesley Chapel hotel. Saddlebrook Resort, Lake Jovita, Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club and dozens of other fine golf courses are a short drive away. Local businesses include the Pepin Heart Center, James Haley VA Hospital, USF Medical School, Moffit Cancer Center and the Shriners Children's Hospital. Hotel features and accommodations include: •Free hot breakfast •Free local calls •Free newspaper •Free 24-hour coffee and tea •Exercise room Guests of this Wesley Chapel, FL hotel will also enjoy the outdoor seasonal pool. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free wireless high-speed Internet access, lobby computer with Internet access, oversized workspaces and access to fax and copy services. The meeting room accommodates up to 24 people for most events and business functions. In addition to standard amenities, select rooms come equipped with refrigerators and microwaves. Some rooms feature whirlpool bathtubs. Garden view rooms and suites are available. Guest laundry facilities are located on the property. Come and enjoy the relaxing and affordable Rodeway Inn hotel, with the amenities and services business and leisure travelers expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Wesley Chapel
- Comfort Inn Wesley Chapel
- Wesley Chapel Comfort Inn