“Budget Option for North Tampa”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tallahassee, Florida
“Budget Option for North Tampa”
Reviewed December 28, 2010

If your destination is North Tampa, this hotel about 15 miles north of the Fletcher Avenue I-275 exit is a good value. The hotel is located adjacent to a shopping center with a Best Buy, Bed, Bath & Beyond, and other stores as well as cinemaplex. There's an Outback Steakhouse adjacent to the shopping center and the hotel has coupons for a free blooming onion. There are many other restaurants east of the Interstate exit. (Hotel is just west of the exit.)

I'd not stayed at a Sleep Inn for at least two years and I recall why. They are a slimmed down version of the other Choice Hotels. Our King room was large but didn't have a microwave or refrigerator. Those rooms cost extra.

Also, a shower stall instead of a tub/shower. A 19 (or maybe 21) inch CRT TV, not flat panel. A "single cup" coffee maker, but there's plenty for free coffee in the lobby (and free cookies at 7 PM).

Breakfast is also slimmer than the other Choice hotels. "You make 'em" waffle maker, but only two types of cereal; bagels and muffins; yogurt. No eggs or sausage / bacon. Juice, coffee and milk.

No computer in the lobby for those without a laptop.

The main reason to select this hotel is price and quick access to north Tampa without fighting the morning rush hour traffic if you were staying in Tampa. Assuming you leave at 7:30 am, the traffic doesn't back up until about a quarter mile from the Fletcher exit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel_Grognard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Chattanooga,TN
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Excellent service from the whole staff.
Good vittles at the Free breakfast bar (especially the waffles)
Nice pool, to boot!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank klgoodguy
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Normally stay at another hotel that was booked during this trip to Wesley Chapel. In the future, I will chose Sleep Inn. Exceptionally clean. Staff goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Very reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank BJones1950
dothan al.
Reviewed April 18, 2010

My wife and I were there Easter weekend. First they upgraded our room. We arrived late in the afternoon-early evening but the employee on duty a young man was very courteous. He also mentioned that he had just baked some cookies and offered me some. Our room was like new and everything was perfect. Since I retired we get to travel a lot and if all hotels were as good as this one then all would enjoy their travels. At any time upon meeting an employee whether a housekeeper or employee at the desk we were always met with a nice greeting from a smiling person. On Easter Sunday everyone said Happy Easter. And the breakfast was great, probably the only thing missing was some biscuits with sausage that was provided at the Sleep Inn just east of Montgomery Al. But the breakfast items present were all clean and tasty. Also the attendant lady that was keeping everything clean took the extra time to show my wife how to use the waffle maker. Also they kept the breakfast going to at least 1030 a.m. as advertised. On Monday we stayed at a Comfort Inn near St Augustine Beach and they need to take lessons from this Sleep Inn. The employees their made us feel as if we weren't appreciated and had closed the breakfast down at 9 am. instead of the advertised 1030 am. I know they were pretty busy considering they are at the beach but that shouldn't change the way they treat the late rising guests. Sorry to get off track, the Sleep Inn in Wesley Chapel Fl. could give lessons to other hotels employees. You can tell that the Management Team at this Sleep Inn really cares about their image to their guests. And this shows by how clean and pleasant all the employees were to my wife and I. Again if you are staying in the Tampa area, even though the Sleep Inn at Wesley Chapel Fl. is a little ways up the road off I-75, you can't find a better hotel. We were given the Senior Price and that saved us another 7 dollars on our bill. Keep up the Great Work Management and employees of Wesley Chapel Fl. hotel. Any time were are down that way your hotel will be our home away from home because you went out of your way to make being away from home be pleasant. Thanks Again Mr. & Mrs. Marlowe

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank southern2537
Tampa
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend, we actually loved it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Ruskin FL
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I actually booked this room for my parents who are both in their 70's. We had the whole family together and my parents did not want to say at my house with the 4 grand kids so I booked them in at the Sleep Inn. They had stayed there before on a previous visit and they were equally pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel. They are both world travelers and say in hotels frequently. They say this location is one of the cleanest they have ever stayed at. The hotel front desk even got them in the exact same room! The hotel has different types of rooms, the one my parents stayed in was an "executive room" it had a flat screen tv and a fridge and microwave. My Mom and Dad loved the free pizza, wings and soda that the hotel does on Tuesday nights from 5:30-6:30 and my Dad thought it was so cool that they even offered him a nice cold beer to was it down for free! The cookies that they served every night around 7 were wonderful and a big hit with the grand kids as well. This hotel is great for any type of traveler.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Tampa
Reviewed January 8, 2009

Room was Very Nice. However, would like to warn that this hotel Does Not have parking lot security cameras. There were 4 vehicles broken into during my stay (I being one of the ones broken into). If the hotel would have had security camera's this would not have happened "or" the theives would have been caught. I would not stay at this hotel unless they have installed Security camera's. I now ask Hotels if they have parking lot security camera's and most do.

Stayed March 2008
SleepInnFL857, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2009
Hello mtopp3,
I am truly sorry to hear that your experience while staying at our hotel was not a good one. I can assure you that this is very safe facility as we do have someone here 24hours a day. We are also a Sheriff substation, which means during unspecified times of the day the Sheriff on duty comes to the hotel. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you but I do assure you that Wesley Chapel is a very nice and safe area. We've just recently opened two new shopping malls, one of which contains a lot of big name stores like Macy's, Dillard's, Victoria Secret and even a 2 story Barnes and Nobel. The other is just a 5 minute walk from our hotel and it holds such stores as Ross, Dick's Sporting Good, Ulta, and GNC just to name a few. We also have one of the newest and largest movie theaters in the North Tampa area called the Cobb Theater and Cinebistro in that same shopping center. We hope that if you are ever in Wesley Chapel again that you will choose us as your hotel, and give us a second chance to make your very enjoyable.
Thanks and Kind Regards
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa North - Wesley Chapel
Ramada Zephyrhills
Ramada Zephyrhills
#1 of 9 in Zephyrhills

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!