“Disappointment”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kingston
“Disappointment”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed here 1 nt. Did not accept Traveler coupon as something going on in area. Charged senior rate at $84.10. Staff friendly but would NEVER stay here again. Room old, hotel need upgrading, no bathtub only a small shower. Free breakfast but only 4-5 tables for the whole hotel. We quite often stay in Sleep Inns as they are usually clean, comfortable and affordable. It was in a good area and easy on/off the main highway. It was too late and we had driven too far to look for other accommodation.

Room Tip: Just would not book at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed March 2, 2012

There are so many options around this area that this should be one of your last. The rooms are outdated, the walls are paper thin and the beds are very tough to sleep in. The TV is a a tube model which took my back to 1991. The room does have a smell to it which is not pleasant. Location and parking are a bit odd as well. This is my first time at a Sleep Inn and definitely my last. I have paid the same at an Embassy Suites, a Hilton Garden Inn and a Marriott Fairfield Inn and this Sleep Inn makes them look like the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed March 2012
SleepInnWesleyChapel, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. We are saddened to know that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. We do realize our televisions are in need of updating and that is why we have already began this process and some of our rooms are already equipped with the flat panal televisions. These updates will be completed very soon and it is reviews like yours that let us know that we are on the right track when it comes to updating our hotel. Concerning the odors in your room we would have loved the opportunity to correct this issue. In the future please let the front desk know immediately of anything that is not satisfactory in your room. We are commited to the satisfaction of our guests and we will do anything within our power to make sure you are comfortable with your accommodations. Please note that all Sleep Inns are independently operated and as we know you did not have the best stay at our location we hope this will not deter you from booking other Sleep Inn locations in the future. We appreciate your comments and take them to heart. Please feel free to contact us directly if we can be of further assistance to you.
Salem, VA
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Hotel is somewhat old, but well maintained. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed their pizza and beer social on Tuesday nights. Rooms are clean, and well-maintained. Bed is comfortable. Several major shopping centers nearby. And many chain restaurants.

Room Tip: there are lots of hotels at this exit. this one is a great value. Get a room at the end of the fir...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SnowAvoiderSalem_VA
South Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over the Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel is clean, resonably priced and run by a really professional staff. Our room was clean and the service throughout our stay was first class. The breakfast area is a bit small but always kept spotless with someone there to help if necessary. Great wifi and the owner really cares about the hotel and the guests. If you are in the area we would recommend you look into staying at this Sleep Inn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
SleepInnWesleyChapel, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your review and we are happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Sleep Inn Management Team
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed in the sleep inn on Thanksgiving week. I booked the reservation the girl on the phone said it was going to be $57.00 a night when I got there to check in she charged me $90.00 a night for 3 nights. The pictures on there web sitelooks nothing like the way it really does in person. The beddings smelled like uren and the bathroom was nasty and the shower looked like it wasn't washed in years this place should be out of business. Oh and to add to it the pool was closed down. When I walked by the lobby the girl at the frount desk was useing the eff word in froynt of my kids. The website says free breakfast .... that was a joke. All they had was coffee and a stale donut. U can experience it for your self if u want to stay there or not. But I just don't want you to get ripped off like we did. Trust me there is a best western next door and that's where we are at now and we are finally happy. I'm not the picky type all I ask is for what I'm paying for. I hope you make the rite move by going to the best western. Have a blessed day. Mike

• Stayed November 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel three times for one night when attending a legal seminar in the area. I prefer to stay at the this suburban Tampa hotel over the urban Tampa hotels. I find this hotel to offer comparable accomodations with less of the problems of urban hotels. Parking is free and plentiful. The clientele are business, couples and families mostly that tend to be quiet and mind their own business. Both times I have enjoyed a quiet and restful night sleep. This is a good hotel for business travellers or those seeking standard, solid accomodations. There is a Starbucks a few miles down the road. There are several midrange dining options. The front desk has always been responsive. I will stay here in my next visit to the Tampa area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank coffeelawyer
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and I were on our way back home from a long day's drive when we saw the sign for the hotel and decided to take a break for the day. The receptionist quickly checked us in and offered us fresh baked chocolate chip cookies as we prepared to head to our room. The cookies were wonderful, the room was very clean and well stocked for our needs. We had a good night sleep on a comfy bed , and the generous shower head/water pressure delivered a great start to our day! We look forward to returning again soon on another travel back and forth from our home to Gainesville. Go Gators!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ramada Zephyrhills
Ramada Zephyrhills
#1 of 9 in Zephyrhills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!