“Good atmosphere and food”

Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 119 Restaurants in Wesley Chapel
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 30, 2012

First of all, let me start by saying that this is my teen son's favorite eating place. Bar none, he chooses this place every time AND he gets the same thing every single time.

Los Vallarta is decent food, decent value and decent atmostphere. The staff are all bi-lingual. The menu is extensive.

My son gets #13 with bean. #13 is bascially a chile relleno and a beef burrito but my son gets it as a bean burrito and doesn't leave behind a crumb. It is good. Gooey and filling. Healthy? Who knows. I'm sure there are worse things. And more healthy things.

Their guacamole is very good but is processed to make it smooth so if you like chunky quac or if the smooth quac is something that texturally isn't up your alley, skip it. But other wise, it's very good. We usually order a large, have some with the complimentary chips and salsa and save some as a topping for certain foods.

The tacos carnitas are always amazing. The pork is done just right, the toppings are fresh and flavorful.

Their refried beans are good. The rice is okay. Not everything comes with both rice and beans.

The place isn't sparkling new and fancy, there are things that could use updating but otherwise, it's a fun place with decent food and great portions.

There are newer reviews for Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This place made me sick. I had food poisoning and was out sick for 3 days. I could not move without vomitting every ounce of fluid in my body. I have never experienced anything like this and I don't plan on returning because of fear that I'll be in the same predicament.

1  Thank Kameshia C
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Iur booth was dirty, salsa in between the menu, food took forever, steak was not good with fat on the steak fajita. Served ya chips w no sauce....guacamole was not made in the restaurant ... Mire out of a container.... Oh Holy God... Can you plead lead us to a clean, authentic restaurant in Tampa. First and Last visit here..sorry.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Pay the extra money and eat at Cantina Laredo. This is Mexican Food at it's most dull.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have tried three Vallartas in Tampa. This one is my second favorite behind the original in Carrollwood. The Bruce B Downs location does a good job on their service. They don't offer a lunch buffet (I believe only the Carrollwood location does). They bring out a basket of hot chips and salsa before the meal. My last visit the chef accidentally made two of what I ordered and they served both of them on my plate! What a treat. Their lunches are very reasonably priced and will fill the appetite of most. The booths are nicely spaced and the atmosphere is calm inside. Their flavor is authentic Mexican, which I like over the commercial style of many competitors. The plates come out hot and the food is excellent. Definitely recommend this when you are craving Mexican food.

2  Thank Gatorzman