“Surprisingly Small Room”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
Reviewed April 9, 2009

First let me say that I usually try to find a Hampton Inn when I travel, as I think the overall Hampton "experience" is usually the best "bang for the buck". But I feel that this Hampton , with all the glowing reviews written here, came up a bit short of the "usual" Hampton.

Check-in was fast and easy. The lobby was reasonably large, attractive and very clean.

I have 11 stays over the past 12 months at Hamptons, not a lot of stays, but enough to come to expect certain things. First, my room was very small, the smallest that I have ever experienced in a Hampton. It was very clean, quiet and nicely decorated though. With the usual Hampton "comfy" bed and a 32" LCD TV.

There was no easy chair or sofa, just an office chair and a straight back chair. There was no refrigerator or microwave, although the "Amenities" page on the website implied that the rooms are so equipped. And oddly, there was no place in the shower (except the floor) to set a shampoo bottle down on. I never experienced that in a hotel before.

Considering all of that, plus the fact that it was one of the more expensive Hamptons that I've stayed in recently (and all but one of my 6 outstanding reservations are less expensive) I felt that I had to "rant" a bit.

Would I stay there again? Sure!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaptnWesBonita

Reviewed March 21, 2009

What a find! Located in the up and coming town of Wesley Chapel, this new hotel, right off I-75, was the perfect location for our family trip to Tampa. We reserved a 2 queen suite with pull out sofa for our family of five (teenage boys). Very spacious, clean rooms with 2 leather chairs, plasma screen tv, wet bar with micorwave/refrig, granite coutertops, fabulous breakfast and beautifully decorated lobby area at a great price! The staff was very friendly and courteous. Outdoor pool smaller, but gorgeous place to relax and swim. I am an admitted hotel snob and I can't say enough about this hotel. We stayed for 6 nights and loved it. It was only 20 mins to Busch Gardens and spring training baseball games in Lakeland. Check their "specials tab" as they offer tickets to Busch Gardens and shopping coupons to the fabulous Wiregrass outdoor shopping mall up the road.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Came here on business with Florida Hospital in Zephyrhills and found this new hotel on-line. As a Hilton Diamond member, I've stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns and this one is one of the best (and newest) I have stayed in. Was upgraded to a whirlpool suite. I did not use the whirlpool but the extra large bathroom and separate shower stall was great, as was the large room (not really a suite). The best part of the experience was the staff. The manager went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. There is a Texas Roadhouse across the highway, and a number of upscale restaurants (Bonefish Grill, Grillsmith, Cantina Laredo) in the Shops at Wiregrass a few miles away. The hotel had easy on and off highway access, but was devoid of highway noise. The only improvement would be the need to more shelves in shower stall (one for soap but no place for shampoo/conditioner to rest) and a better selection at breakfast - which was good, but had much better at other Hampton Inns. I could not give a higher recommendation for a hotel in this area.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for one night and I arrived before it was time to check in. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful and she found me a room that was available so I wouldn't have to wait until the 3 pm check in. ( I told her that I had been traveling since 4 am that morning and I was very tired). The hotel is beautiful!!!!!!!. The lobby area was very nice. The room was very clean and cozy. The bed was the best!!!!. I wish I could've stayed longer just to enjoy the hotel. This hotel was by far the best Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2008

Loved this hotel.Great people inside running this place.Friendly,I loved the area.Relaxing,rooms were like the Crown Plaza.The breakfast was excellant,complimentary.You can go for a pleasant walk from the hotel door,felt very safe.I already have made plans to stay in March.Highly recommend staying here.My significant other loved this place.Oh, by the way my significant other is my wife of 36 years.It is just that the world has changed, and I thought I could use that expression also.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 28, 2008

From check in to check out it could not have been better. The staff was so friendly and made sure that if anything that was needed or not up to par we were to let them know. The breakfast was excellent everyday we were there and it was always very clean in the food area. The location was great as we went to Busch Gardens three days in a row and shopping was just down the street. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We stayed for one night at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Tampa-Wesley Chapel. We stayed in the 2 queen studio suite. Our room was very roomy and clean. In fact, the entire hotel was very nice and had an upscale feel to it. The hotel seemed as nice or nicer than a Hyatt or another upscale hotel. Additionally, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Based on the great service and very nice rooms, we would stay here again the next time we travel to the Tampa area. There's also a very good complimentary breakfast. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 8 in Wesley Chapel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel? Share your experiences!