“Great Hotel, Treated us like royalty”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We usually stay at 4 star or better Resorts because we find the staff is nicer and the accommodations are cleaner but what a surprise at this Hampton Inn.The staff was GREAT! we had to book 2 separate reservations and they made sure we did not have to check out and we were able to stay in the same room, they also set the new keys and slipped them under the door so we didn't have to bother with it in the morning. The pool is heated and a nice size. Breakfast was great and they helped me take it to my room. I have 3 children including an 8 month old and my 82 year old grandmother was with us. They gave us fresh coffee and one of the ladies made us fresh scrambled eggs and 2 waffles. At the end of the night I had requested 2 more pillows and by the time i could hang up the phone they were knocking on my door. As we were leaving I went to the front desk and was surprised when the attendant called me by name. We usually stay at Resorts for obvious reasons compared to hotels but I will recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking. The suite was clean and the 6 of us slept very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was good, and the staff was EXCELLENT. Because of the staff, I had a great weekend with my family.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Middalia J

Reviewed February 23, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting family in Florida. We were very impressed with the hotel. It was very clean and quiet. The beds were very comfortable, and the room and bathroom were very spacious. We stayed in a room with two queen beds - it also included a refrigerator and other typical features (desk, nice television). We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, which was an impressive spread for "continental." The workout room was adequate and we didn't need to wait for a treadmill. We didn't have time to use the pool, however it looked well kept. All staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lj03
Reviewed February 9, 2012

First the bad news--hard to get to from the highway--very dangerous, traffic lights on blink. Once you find the hotel, near the Goodwill, you will be pleased. Best decorated rooms, new and clean, 7 minutes from Wire Grass Mall, great places to eat--PrimeBar, Pugnelli's, Cantina Laredo--worth a shop and eat stop. Hampton employees need a dresscode. Only complaint is that a reservation desk guy was in a blue tee. Get a shirt with a collar! People very pleasant. Good parking. Garmin does not know how to get you in from the west. Go to the major blinking intersection, turn left carefully into the housing development and follow it around. You can go west from the hotel via the Goodwill exit. Also poor signage to get in and out. Loved the hotel though.

Room Tip: no noise either side, but maybe lobby side is better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
noexcuses4ME, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2012

Thanks for the kind words! The blinking lights at the brand NEW traffic light are fully functional now. It is now a much safer intersection for everyone. It will also be easier to direct guests in to the hotel. We appreciate your mention of the fine choices at the Shops at Wiregrass. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed with our 2 young sons and had a positive experience. The room was quiet and clean, a/c was easy to control, good space for luggage, bathroom roomy, decor attractive (tropical theme with neat little details, usually I don't notice at hotels, but I really liked it here). The breakfast area was also very nice with plenty of seating, and had pretty holiday decorations. Breakfast was good & had variety (hot items, pastries/breads, cereals, fruit, coffees, juices, etc.). All of the staff were very friendly and nice, especially the front desk and managers (Brian was especially helpful when we needed local referrals), as well as the breakfast staff and housekeeping staff we met. Everyone made us feel welcome. The front desk staff were super nice to our sons. This location had several conveniences/amenities we appreciated, such as the 24-hour convenience shop/desk beside the front desk, luggage scale in lobby, and the laundry room was helpful (we used one on the 2nd floor several times). We didn't use the fitness room but it looked good from the door. We checked in just after staying at the Hilton inside Disneyworld, and although the room at the Hilton had been a little bit bigger, this hotel was nicer overall and we liked it better. Parking here was convenient and right next to lobby, and the hotel is situated in a quiet business area near the highway. It was less than 5 minutes to several restaurants and a shopping center. The location was perfect for us, close to family in Wesley Chapel but a short drive on the highway to Busch Gardens (we went there 3 mornings) and the Museum of Science & Industry. Oh, and the beds and linens and towels were very comfortable / good quality and the pillows seemed new. We kept commenting on how much we liked the hotel, and we would definitely stay here again if/when we are in Tampa.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
noexcuses4ME, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments and detail-specific review regarding your recent stay with us. We really do want to know what is important to our guests. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed overnight for a friends wedding in the area. Great front office/check in staff, rooms were excellent, breakfast was great, reasonably priced. We got there a little early and we were able to check in and get rooms near each other without any issues. Couldn't ask for much more. Will definitely be back if in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
noexcuses4ME, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to write this great review. We appreciate that future guests find value in your experience, and your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel using a skyaution certificate I bought for $50 a night. What a steal. If you are thinking this hotel is near Tampa think again. It is a good 40 minute drive away and is not near the bay. But if you take the trip you will be pleasantly surprised.

The front desk staff are wonderful and accomodating. The lobby is really nice and has the coolest fans. My room is new and updated and spacious. This is a wonderful Hampton Inn and I would recommend it if you were in the area. The gym has weights and balls in it which is good. Breakfast is awesome. I don't eat pork and was surprised to see turkey sausage. WOW!!!! That is a first. I travel all the time and have NEVER seen that. The other breakfast items were decent too. It's enough to start your day off right.

Check out tripadvisor for the restaurants in the area though. We are still looking for some really good food. If you like seafood unfortunately you are out of luck unless you want Bonefish Grill.

Room Tip: Just ask the hotel staff. You can't hear the highway noise which is a plus. The staff will poi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mholi
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Upon entering our room it spelled clean and fresh. You could tell that someone actually took the time to clean it. We had asked about a nearby business at check in, and the staff at the front desk offered to look it up for us and provide directions. The breakfast was very good and they offered a nice variety of foods. There is a nice mall nearby with a variety of shops and restaurants to choose from. No doubt, we will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
#6 of 8 in Wesley Chapel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel? Share your experiences!