“Good pizza but....”

Cuisines: Pizza
Tampa, Florida
“Good pizza but....”
Reviewed June 12, 2009

The pizza is good and fresh but the place is not very clean and the staff the runs the place is worse. The women with blond hair is going to run the place in to the ground if she continues to treat her customers the way she does. She is very rude and if you bring to their attention that order is not correct she flips of and starts yelling and using profanity .
This is the st. petersburg locatoin

1 Thank AkaJuliet

Welsey Chapel, Fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New name and management! - finally”
Reviewed September 2, 2008

The new owners of this have increased the quality of the food dramatically and lowered the price. I now love ordering from here. Fast, Cheap and Great Quality food! Their Calzones are among the best I've ever tasted and their subs as good as any other- better than Subway next door.

I work less than a mile a way and Woody''s (the new name for it) is quickly becoming one of my favorite stops for lunch.

1 Thank fission25
Woodys-Pizza, Owner at Woody's Pizza and Wings, responded to this review, January 7, 2009
Hello all -- I am the owner of Woody's Pizza and Wings. First off let me say that the reviews heading this listing are from Feb/Mar when the establishment was "The Italian Way". We are Woody's Pizza and Wings. Not the Italian Way. I also own the St. Petersburg and Clearwater locations.

I opened Woody's Pizza and Wings in Wesley Chapel on August 1st 2008, and I can assure everyone of two things: 1) The food is entirely different than The Italian Way and 2) every sauce, every dough, every hogie roll is made from scratch by our own hands.

If for some reason you do not like our food, I will refund every penny spent. I am that confident in my product. All I ask is you give us a try. You will not be disappointed.

Steve Woody
wesley chappel
“nasty nasty nasty”
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Now this is just too much!! I went to the one by my mothers house in Carrollwood and it was horrible. The people were rude as can be, they did not care about the customers, and the place was a mess. I gave them a second chance for the one by my house and it was just as bad. The food was no good- soggy pizza and horrible, horrible philly. I would never reccomend going and wasting your money in this place.

1 Thank nastyfood
TheItalianWay, owner at Woody's Pizza and Wings, responded to this review, March 18, 2008
We have two employees who were fired in February for the very things mentioned in these reviews (i.e., not using gloves, not preparing the lasagna correctly). We have a whole new crew of friendly faces. Any questions, come by and ask for Jackie or Bill. We'll be happy to prove the reviews wrong.
tampa, fl
“Bad food”
Reviewed February 10, 2008

I was horrified when I went to The Italian Way for my first time. The workers were rude and handled the food without gloves, I couldn't belive it. The food was not very good and my daughter order some lasagna and it was spoiled and bad. I do not advice going to eat at this store. Very unpleasant experience.

2 Thank theone1921
swoody17, Owner at Woody's Pizza and Wings, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
New restaurant, New Owners, New Name as of August 1 2008