Saddlebrook Resort Tampa
Best Western Wesley Chapel(Wesley Chapel)(Great Value!)
$72
$116
$101
Sleep Inn(Wesley Chapel)(Great Value!)
$78
$118
$101
$104
$104
All reviewstennis programgolf coursetennis camphoward mooregreat tennistennis courtsfull kitchensports barone bedroom suitemain buildingpro shoptennis experiencefive hoursarnold palmerbeautiful groundsper dayvideo analysis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Golf course was extremely wet when played, which was a surprise. I do think they may have a drainage problem. The course itself was in excellent condtion if you could avoid wet spots. The support staff was great, especially the golf crew. You can tell the rooms are getting a little worn. Rooms were however clean. Breakfast and lunch at the pool was good. The steak house was very good, but wow on those prices. I can't say I would come back for dinner.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wxxhead
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I stayed at Saddlebrook for 4 days for a conference. The staff were aware of every need related to a business conference. We arrived 15 minutes before the first meeting, the valet was aware of that as we arrived, told us the closest door to the conference area, that there were restrooms just inside the door, and that he would park the vehicle and we should get our luggage/check in during the afternoon break. This attention to getting service around our meeting schedule was maintained by the restaurant (Tropics) staff when we were eating "on our own," gift shop staff, and the valet/golf cart transportation runners.

The conference meals were good, and they accommodated allergies/vegetarians quickly. Our organization does not request allergies & sensitivities in advance.

My coworker and I shared a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit. We were able to discuss business at some times and have privacy at other times.

I chose to take advantage of our rooms' proximity to the heated Superpool and swam laps at 6 AM every morning. It was almost freezing outside, but the heated pool was a great wakeup.

Internet access was spotty. One of my coworkers contacted the resort's IT staff about 4 PM on the 2nd day of conference. There was slight improvement the next day, but ~300 attendees with laptops and smart phones overwhelmed the system.

I rated the value at 4 out of 5. Our conference rate was a large discount from the rack rate. I consider the rack rate overpriced, and would only reserve a unit at 80% rack or less.

I plan to return to take advantage of the spa with the women of my family.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Our group of 5 had adjoining rooms that overlooked the pool and were right by the clay courts. The pros were excellent and designed the instruction around our wants and needs. Howard Moore started each day with a new tennis tip and a good stretch. The resort is beautiful and all the staff from the valet to the top instructors were professional and accomodating. I highly recommend and will go back.
J Whalen - Kansas City

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2011

The place is OK but a little tired. The spacious rooms are very 1990s and although the apartments are a decent size the whole place is a little tatty round teh edges. The main reason we were her was tennis, and as an improver (rating 3.0) I was well catered for, although my wife (a rating 4.0/4.5) wasnt as well suited to the place, there just werent enough coaches for her standard. Anyway, the pool areas and restaurants were all very nice, and the bright and helpful staff were impossible to fault, so not a dreadful review, but they need to invest a little, and maybe lower the hefty room rates ($300 is OTT for this standard).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank goodjudge
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Just spent a couple of days at Saddlebrook and I thoughly enjoyed it. Food was great and the rooms were spacious and clean. Totally recommend you try it!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business