This hotel appears to get much of its business from corporations which leaves its regular guests feeling like 2nd class citizens. For example, try to relax by the (unheated) fountain courtyard pool & be prepared to be moved along at 2pm because they have to 'set up for an event'.
Lack of chairs around the main pool.
Golf - a round at this time of year will set you back $145 plus $50 to rent clubs.
Rooms; we had a 2 bedroomed suite. On the surface; very nice. But don't look too closely. Dust everywhere. The same dead fly was on the carpet when we arrived & was still there when we left.
Fully equipped kitchen? If that means no microwave, 1 dessert spoon and some teeny tiny bowls not big enough to drown a mouse in then yes, it's fully equipped.
Noisy. We were on the ground floor so you can hear everything upstairs - even people walking across the floor. Not good at 1am & 5am.
The weekend; we were woken up at 7am on the Saturday by a man mowing the green. A swift phone call to security moved him along to annoy other guests.
FOOD. Very poor and VERY expensive. Tough filet and seriously old watercress served as a garnish; so apalling in fact I picked it off our plates & handed it straight to our server to return to the kitchen.
Polo lounge. Beware. If you ask for a Monte cristo coffee you're likely to be presented with a cigar. When explaining that it is, in fact, a liquor coffee we were told 'I don't think we have any of those out back'. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
And of course, when you include an 18% gratuity, where's the incentive to go that extra mile?
The good? Simmons beautyrest pillowtop beds & lovely pillows.
Do yourself a favour & check in somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 780 Acre resort 30 minutes north of Tampa International Airport with 95,000 Sq. Ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting and function space, two Arnold Palmer signature golf courses, 45 tennis courts in every grand slam surface, European-style Spa, Half-million gallon Superpool, Sports Village with Fitness Center; four award-winning restaurants and three lounges, the Saddlebrook Golf Academy and Hopman Tennis Programs for instruction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Saddlebrook Resort Tampa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saddlebrook Resort Tampa Hotel Wesley Chapel
- Saddlebrook Hotel Tampa
- Saddlebrook Resort Wesley Chapel