“Incredible stay great food and value with an incredible tennis program”

Saddlebrook Resort Tampa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Loved the two bedroom suites. the feeling as I was walking throughout the resort seemed very family friendly. GREAT VALUE ILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed January 16, 2010

i stay at this place for a week during a i guess the slow season, i wandered i gues to what u may call back of house. no one stop me at all. the rentacops must be a joke!!!!!! anyway the back of this hotel is DIRTY. I SAW ROACHES CRAWLING AROUND... the carpets dirty as hell. kitchens was very NASTY. after i got a look at what one of the chefs did. which i will not mention(GROSS) i packed my stuff and checked out the day. do urself a favor save your money and company money stay elsewhere.....................food and drinks are WAY over priced.if you think i'm lying to you wander to the back of the place and see for yourself.......................

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank happycamper2u
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Thanks for a most memorable tennis vacation. Larry let my wife Suzanne
use his own racket for the week. Howard was incredibly attentive, and our instruction was great.
I especially want to thank Tony for his gifted teaching. Very precise feedback and passionate about the sport!
Tommy helped my wife with her game a great deal, as well.
I am attaching a sunrise photo I took from our room. Perhaps you will like it too.
Again, thank you for a wonderful winter break,

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2009

It's difficult to review this resort without being specific about what you did there. My girlfriend and I came here for three days of the adult tennis program, and that was great. If I was ranking that alone, I'd probably give it a 5 or close to that. My girlfriend is an advanced beginner, and I'm probably an advanced intermediate player, and we both really enjoyed it. The staff was accommodating, there was a good blend of drills, fundementals work, and game play, and the tennis facilities were nice. If you enjoy tennis, I can't see you not enjoying this program.

But the resort itself is nothing special. I wouldn't consider coming here unless it was for tennis or golf, because the resort itself is just average. The rooms were spacious and comfy, but also on the old side. The walls were very thin, so that we could hear the amped up music coming from the pool until 11 PM, and also could easily hear the people above us walking around. I think there's plenty of other places you could go that offer more value if all you're looking for is relaxation by the pool/hot tub and maybe some spa treatments. Also, I found the whole "valet only" thing annoying. I'd rather have my car easily accessible, and save the $10 per night.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SalamanderJ
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Just came back from Saddlebrook, enjoyed a wonderful visit. The staff was great, the rooms were clean and lovely, and the golf was excellent. We played both courses, and both were in excellent condition. Ordered room service on 2 nights, and on both, the food was delivered promptly and the quality was better than we expected. The condo we stayed in was in excellent condition. We stayed on a package plan, we thought we got a very good value.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2009

We stayed in Saddlebrook last August and we stayed very well.
The landscape wes well mantained and really beautyful, if you like to play golf there are two amazing golf court. Food was very good especially at the Dampsey steakhouse was amazing. All in one a really good place to spend your vacation!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2009

The lodgings and the surroundings could not be more different. The rooms are very dated and have an old, damp smell. My room had the occasional little bug flying around. The "sports bar" food is even worse than a normal sports bar. The breakfast food was OK, but I would have expected better given the price to stay here. The service all around was not good--from the business center, to the restaurant and front desk. The landscaping, pool and golf course look nice--but I was thrilled to check out. It felt like I was staying in someone's very old apartment. Plus, I think a total of one out of the five or six employees that I interacted with had what I'd consider good customer service. In addition, I would not recommend holding a conference here that has a national or international audience. It is NOT a short drive from the airport.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
#6 of 8 in Wesley Chapel

Been to Saddlebrook Resort Tampa? Share your experiences!