“Wonderful place and superb staff!!”

Saddlebrook Resort Tampa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I visited the spa last month at Saddlebrook and had an exceptional experience! All of the staff were very courteous and made sure I was comfortable and happy with their services. Overall I would give an A+++.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I visited the Saddlebrook Spa and had a fabulous experience. I had a facial, chemical peel and microdermabrasion. My esthetician was very informative and told me what I was getting done and what she was doing to my skin. This was my first experience getting a facial, etc. My skin felt rejuvenated and clean. I will definitely be back to the Saddlebrook Spa!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Esteek1121
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I booked a weekend stay here to celebrate my sister's birthday. Our experience here over that weekend was not what we were expecting. It was our first time coming to this place and I had picked it based on reviews from other people that praised this place. It made sense to me Later why since most of the reviews are based golfing or tennis experience. If you are not going to golf or do tennis, this is not the place for you. We just wanted a nice place to go relax at the pool, go to the spa and enjoy that was near by in this Wesley Chapel area. I picked it just to go away with my sister but I have way better amenities (gym, pool, near by restaurants) at my place.

The Spa was very nice (small area but nice). The staff was friendly but I feel again that they were just going through the motions of the day. It was lacking the personal touch/feeling.

At the front desk, the person there did the same thing (went through the motions and barely made us feel welcome). He went through the motions of check-in but there was not a welcome attitude at all. Twice I had to go back to the front desk to ask for additional information on where things were located or details on the activities that were part of my reservation. I believed that this should have been given to me upon check-in. Next, he said that our room was within walking distance. Yes, you can walk to your rooms but the "walking distance" can be quite a ways (the case in ours).

The surrounding areas are indeed beautiful but that is pretty much it. The wooden bridge to go to our rooms was un-kept with wood rotten and nails exposed. The room I was given was filthy with big noticeable stains in the carpet, small animal droppings, stale smell, broken patio furniture, etc. I tried to call the front desk from the phone in the room but it was not working. I used my cell and informed them of the conditions of the room and the phone. The excuse was that phones not working is common in most rooms due to lighting, they were not sure if patio furniture was included for this room (mind you that the details of the room said patio included), and that they will see what they can do and call me back . Reallly? We took our belongings and had to walked back to the front desk. Luckily, we didn't have a lot of luggage. We did get a different room (upgrade) but had to again walk all the way to it with our luggage in tow.

We tried to turn a bad start into a good one, so headed out for the pool. The staff was friendly and the area around the pool is nice. We were given towels to use but they were badly stained. So bring your own towel. The pool side cafe staff was awesome. These group really made you feel welcomed. The food was great and our server was awesome. Every one who passed by will stop and ask to make sure we were doing OK and didn't need anything else. The staff at the Dempsey's Restaurant was great too. Food was delicious and the ambiance was good.

We rented bikes but since the trails are not marked you have to depend on a map to find your way around and not get into the golf course by mistake (which we did and were basically "scolded" for). Nobody wants to ride a bike while holding a map in their hand to know where they need to go. These trails should be marked properly to avoid this. Especially for first timers in the property. We planned to go to the gym and again asked for directions because there is no clear way to know where places are located at. The person at the cafe bar (front area) told us that it was very, very far but if we still wanted to go to just follow the bridge and keep going straight all the way down. By the time we got to the gym, we had already walked about 30 minutes. The lack of enough visible directions did not helped. When we got to the gym, the lady told us that we had come in through the back door and it was a shorter distance to come in through the front or we could have gotten in a shuttle. Wow, that would have been nice to know when we were walking there.

Overall, if you visit this place for golf or tennis, you picked a good one. If you are looking for a weekend getaway, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Tresleches
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had our conference there this past weekend and wanted to let Kelly know that every member of the staff gave us exceptional service. Jeff, James, Alberto, the servers at the buffets, valet and the front desk, the list goes on.......From the time we got there till the time we left they were all magnificent. Friendly, helpful, accommodating in every way. Thanks again to all of you for making our weekend a huge success. Look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mary C
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had a great stay at Saddlebrook. We went with family and all participated in the adult and junior tennis sessions. The lessons were great and staff is all top notch. I highly recommend taking some lessons there.
The rooms were clean and large and pool was great.
Thanks Howard, Tai and Sam!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jared G
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very nice resort. We go here quite often for long golf weekend getaways. We live about an hour away. The staff is always very accomodating and friendly. Restaurants are very good. A litlle pricey but when you consider you have no need to drive out of the resort to a cheaper but not as good restaurant we prefer to just stay on property. The wine and cheese on Sat is very good as well. Golf courses always in excellent playing condition. We have never been disappointed. We especially like the way the courses are set in in a very natural setting. Similar to a walk through a Florida Nature Trail. Rooms are very nice and clean. Highly recommend Saddlebrook. Joanne Daley in reservations is the best.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed S
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is our third time at the resort. We stayed on this visit for one week, while our son attended the outstanding junior tennis program. The accomodations were great, and the food outstanding. My wife and I really enjoyed the spa treatments. We enjoyed the huge pool, biking, tennis and walking. They offer a variety of activities to keep you busy on your vacation. The other attraction for my wife and I is the opportunity to participate in the tennis clinics. I've found the pro's to be outstanding! I didn't get to play golf on this visit, but they are in the process of remodeling the driving range--should be done in several weeks.

Our 14-year old son returned for his second summer to attend the junior tennis program. He loves the program and is already asking about this winter or next summer. The program has a very good pro to junior ratio (this time about 1 pro for 3-4 kids). They do an aggressive workout program, video analysis, tennis instruction, and match play. He has made friends from Italy and South America, and this time met with John Isner and watched him practice on the next court after his Wimbledon tournament.

We reviewed many tennis camps in Florida, and after talking with Howard Moore we were sold on this program.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
#6 of 8 in Wesley Chapel
Hampton Inn Dade City-Zephyrhills

Been to Saddlebrook Resort Tampa? Share your experiences!