“Are you kidding me???” 1 of 5 bubbles

Saddlebrook Resort Tampa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
“Are you kidding me???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

If this is a four star golf resort then shoot me......poor condition....poor service for the kind of money they want......seriously,,, if you enjoy disappointing vacations then go here.....what a JOKE....it is too bad places like this get away with what they do.....a 1-2 star resort at best

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank poundie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Hebrew first
Post Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip with my wife. I do not know how much it cost, as we were not the ones paying, but I am sure it is not cheap! The rooms were extremely nice! They were huge! The restaurant had amazing food! There is a lot of places to go on walks. You will more then likely see a few alligators. The scenery is stunning! All of the staff is very friendly, and super helpful! You guys do a very good job!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just back from 3 days at the Saddlebrook resort adult tennis camp. The tennis program lived up to its reputation as one of the best run in the US. The tennis facilities are excellent, in as much as you have 40+courts on all the major surfaces. The program is run off Har Tru, thankfully as you will be on the court 3-5 hours a day. The program teachers were all very helpful and friendly. The vide at the resort is casual. This is not the Ritz. The Pool area is very nice and spread out so you don't feel crowded. The Spa is average, and the amenities are not impressive. Although I did get a very good massage. The rooms are within condo like clusters and while a bit dated, I found the bed to be very good and it had a large flat screen tv. Dining choices are a bit limited but overall good, however a little pricey. The golf courses looked impressive and a jr tournament was in progress during my stay. I think this is a good choice for a short golf/tennis vacation with or without kids.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Welland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

had a wonderful experience and can't wait to go back!!
the beds were very comfortable. the tennis was the best I have ever experienced. hope to return again next year,the tennis instructors work very hard with you !!

Room Tip: be sure to get kitchen
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed in a 2-bedroom suite as part of a wedding weekend. The positive: spacious rooms, each with its own bathroom. Nice living room area, which was nice to have, as most of the wedding party was staying within the same "pod" of rooms and there were a lot of side parties going on. Easy access to the pool & main building, plus golf cart rides available if you don't feel like walking. Golf course looked nice, but not a golfer, so can't make a judgment. One of the wedding events was held there, the room and food were both good.

The negative: dated, dated, dated. Entry door was old/warped, we had a hard time opening it. Shower was something out of the 70s. Exterior needs a paint job. For the prices they charge, they should invest in some needed improvements.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Memphis, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

SaddleBrook is expensive, but, I wanted to relax after their tennis camp (I did 5 hours of tennis for 5 days straight) and this resort made it possible with a few exceptions. Staff are all very nice and are customer service oriented. Pool is beautiful, restaurants have very fresh, delicious food. Spa is great with a wonderful staff. Not happy to have paid $15 for valet parking per day which was really $20 after tipping $5 to the runner. I am happy to report the hotel manager did take care of us after we explained the issues we had with our room/stay. In my opinion, if you pay for a nice hotel- there shouldn't be problems like below...
Here are 3 of the exceptions: At 440pm ordered off in-room lunch menu. lunch closes at 5pm (Dinner menu brings increased pricing). Kitchens had already transferred- but a staffer went out of his way to get the needed ingredients to fill our order = Awesome! ...However, our bill wasn't adjusted to match the time we ordered until after 2 calls.
Their 2 bedroom suites are beautiful & well appointed. However, we found a brown beetle (?) crawling out of our coffee pot... After I'd removed my freshly brewed cup (of bugs?)!! Yes, we are in the south and yes, the gorgeous golf course has a lot of lakes,etc... but, really- did I need that type of alarm clock in the morning? First call, got a visit to room with a partially disassembled coffee pot- no note nor follow-up call. Wondered if they got the bug which we'd told them crawled up behind the nearest wall's art work... (4th bug we'd seen by that time & yes, we'd called announcing our previous days' pests) Second call, brought a new coffee pot.
Other issue was black mold trail along sliding glass shower track- called twice to inform them of the massive water leak while showering....causing the black mold there. (all other parts of bathroom were clean). First time, I returned to room there was a swiped up smudge along the track tile... Second time, I believe silicone caulk was applied as it stopped leaking- but remained black= YuckO!
The manager was very polite in talking through the situations with us and helping to resolve them asap. We appreciated it! SaddleBrook is a lovely resort and hoping our next stay is better. Love the Tennis Pros!! and convenience of staying on-site.
Tennis Pros were interested in helping each of us in our group (of 4) improve our game. Met us where we were and moved us forward with patience & intelligent instruction. Very professional, insightful, and a great sense of humor...which helped keep my energy up! Absolutely the best tennis camp!! I will be back!

Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Today is my last day at Saddlebrook and I wanted to write a review before I forget what a great experience I've had. This is my second stay, and I've booked my return already! The tennis program is outstanding! I've played 3 days, 5 hours each day and I have learned so much from the outstanding pros! I've been several other tennis places, but this is a place to return to over and over if you want to improve your game! Larry, one of the more senior guys, is so knowledgeable and is very good at teaching. He has corny sayings and picture perfect demonstrations to show you what you do and how to improve to make it more effective. He throws in a few jokes and he laughs at them too! The positive learning environment and their willingness to help you was just outstanding. Kevin, a young pro, could express himself and make clear to you what you need to do by analogies from other areas you could relate to and help you see it from a different perspective. I did have a pro that I didn't get and was quickly moved to a different pro whom I really learned from. All in all, this place is a must go to for tennis! Groups, singles, couples, ladies, men, juniors; there is something for every level of play and every type of player. Good job Saddlebrook!

Room Tip: Depending on what you want there is something for everyone! Resort, condo etc. Some are newer than...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wesley Chapel
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 8 in Wesley Chapel
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North

Been to Saddlebrook Resort Tampa? Share your experiences!