“great tennis vacation!”

Saddlebrook Resort Tampa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were looking for a vacation spot for our family where our kids could have a lot of competitive tennis availability- and we found it! The tennis program is truly exceptional, and offered to both kids and adults. The layout of our villa was perfect. Though a little dated, it had everything we needed-two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a den and kitchenette. the hotel pool is beautiful, and the breakfast buffet is excellent! I also used the spa and the service and facility is top notch. The only minuses that moved it from 5 stars to 4 are the datedness of the rooms and the limited pricey dinner options on site. Overall it was wonderful and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Just be aware that they are dated but have everything you will need.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We loved it - instruction was great and tennis director was lovely. My husband and I learned a great deal. Rooms were comfortable and the breakfast buffet was great. Tampa is an easy drive from much of Florida. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went for the excellent Hopman tennis program and had five days of great instruction on some of the 45 courts at this tennis/gold resort. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are very clean and comfortable, the swimming pools are high, and the on-site restaurants are very good although on the pricey side.

Room Tip: The rooms are in "clusters" of two-story buildings, all within easy but not immediate walk...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My Husband and I took a short golf getaway and were NOT disappointed! The golf director Chris made is feel like we were club members from the first day. I would go back just for his hospitality! Both courses were in great shape, I preferred Palmer. The food at Dempseys was a little pricey but the steaks were amazing! We usually do not go to the pool area but the pool was so clean and inviting we went every afternoon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mattioni
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Been here in the Summer, for Easter, New Year and now Thanksgiving. Great place to be with kids - we always used the pool. Here the good and the not so good:
GOOD
- big, warm, clean pool
- food in general
- comfortable rooms
- golf course

CAN BE IMPROVED
- rooms need some refresh, especially the carpets
- no free WiFi around the complex
- the gym is packed with equipment and people, and no sauna
- parking is valet only (make me walk, but give me an option to park my car)

If you can get here with a good well discounted package, then it is 4 stars. I would give a 3 with the more expensive list prices.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank pieroinusa
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My son and I came for a weekend Lacrosse tournament and we couldn't have been more delighted with the rooms, food, and service at Saddlebrook. The property is in great condition including both indoor and outdoor spaces. Also there is staff available at every turn, and they universally deliver fast responsive service with a great attitude, many smiles, and even a thank you.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 days at this resort and participated in the tennis program. I had Neil all three days and he received lessons from Verdene. The instruction was good and the facility was nice. everyone that worked there was very hospitable. I was a little worried when I saw there was mandatory valet parking. We arrived and went to our room and then wanted something to eat. We did not want to go back and get the car. we ordered room service and it was quick and delicious. every meal we had at the resort was delicious. It was great that the lunch was included each day. We were all equally tired and the place was quiet by 9pm. Our room was lovely and spacious. We are definitely planning on coming back with our girls.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
#6 of 8 in Wesley Chapel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Been to Saddlebrook Resort Tampa? Share your experiences!