Those people reviewing this resort with positive comments must have never been anywhere else. This place is a disaster. From the moment we arrived until we left (6 days later) we were miserable. The resort is extremely old, over 20 yrs and never been upgraded. The room have walls that are thin as paper. You can hear people breathing in the next room. Every step above you is heard. If people in the next room turn on their bathroom fan, you can hear it. Most of the staff are young college students and do not know the hospitality business so they are clueless in how to treat guests with respect. The resort is located in an area that has no restaurants so unless you want to drive half an hour into Tampa you are stuck eating at the resort restaurants. They NEVER change the menu. Same old boring meals over and over. We sent out a few pieces of clothing to laundry and the next day they said they had no record of it being picked up from our room or going out to laundry. They lost our clothes, at least for a day. Finally found it but it took a day. The older/experienced staff at Tropics restaurant (ladies) are excellent and staff at Dempseys Steak house are good as well but bartender and younger staff at Dempseys too are a joke. Young hostess at Dempseys too is a goof ! The tennis camp is excellent but the golf course was in terrible shape. We played golf one day (Golf is not cheap there) and it took 30 minutes to play one hole. We waited 15 minutes to tee off at the second tee. The 2 girls ahead of us sat at the 2nd tee for 10 minutes before they could tee off. They stacked the course with so many golfers that were extremely slow and didn't monitor the times. We couldn't finish 18 holes even after 4 1/2 hours. When asked why we weren't told of the slow play, the young staff in the pro shop said... "there is a group of young kids (30 of them) that are playing and their coaches are playing with them so they are walking and taking their time". No ranger to monitor times. No beverage cart passed the entire 15 holes we played. The last night of stay we had to get up early 4:45am so we went to bed at 10pm. At 1am the 4 young students staying in the next room came in totally wasted/drunk and screaming, singing and playing loud music. We were unable to sleep so at 3:30am we called the front dest and they sent security but to no avail. The loud singing, screaming and music continued. Everyone in the entire building could hear them. At 4am someone from another room called to report the noise. Security came again but as soon as security left the loudness started back up. They passed out at 4:15am but since we had to get up at 4:45am we didn't get any sleep. If you want to waste your money and have a terrible vacation.... go here otherwise find another resort and read the REAL reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 780 Acre resort 30 minutes north of Tampa International Airport with 95,000 Sq. Ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting and function space, two Arnold Palmer signature golf courses, 45 tennis courts in every grand slam surface, European-style Spa, Half-million gallon Superpool, Sports Village with Fitness Center; four award-winning restaurants and three lounges, the Saddlebrook Golf Academy and Hopman Tennis Programs for instruction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Saddlebrook Resort Tampa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saddlebrook Resort Tampa Hotel Wesley Chapel
- Saddlebrook Hotel Tampa
- Saddlebrook Resort Wesley Chapel