“Great Tennis Weekend”

Saddlebrook Resort Tampa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
Reviewed September 10, 2012

WE were there for the tennis.We(the girls/ladies) came here to Saddlebrook because of Racquet Wars( a tennis tournament) We stayed in the "walking village".. we got the 2 bedroom suite/condo with kitchen and balcony overlooking the tennis courts in CLUSTER 3. It was perfect for us. The beds were extremely comfy and plenty of towels to go around. The decor was in Bahama style with flat screen TV's in every bedroom plus living area..The room was clean and carpet was clean and good air conditioning. The grounds are VERY lush and beautiful and pool area expansive.. there are 2 pools next to each other.. supposedly one warmer than the other but we did not notice the difference most likely due to SUMMER in FL. There are two Jacuzzi's and a pool bar. The walking village has a few clusters of rooms with the pool in the center..... around the pool you can find the spa, a restaurant which included a sports bar and an adjoining steak house, and the few shops, ie. tennis and golf shops. I had a steak and salad bar and 2 cocktails which was $77.00. But must say STEAK and salad bar were excellent. Everything is a la carte and they add 18% automatically on the check(but you may adjust tip). Prices to me where a TAD on the high side . And next time will stock more of our own stuff in our refrigerator in the room. The staff was FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL and can't say enough about Howard the tennis program director there...They offer a 30 minute FREE tennis clinic Mon-Sat. They have tons of courts both hard, grass and clay but did not look like the grass were in order when we were there..but looking forward to my return because of the TENNIS. And of course they have a golf course but know little about golf so can't comment on that. Saddlebrook is in a great setting and is perfect for the golfer, the tennis player(in any level) and a great family place...they had a wine tasting one evening, outdoor movie by pool, there are basketball courts, volleyball, and fitness center in the sports village which is in walking distance of the lobby and pool but there is a free shuttle if you want a ride. Bike rentals are available. There are also free laundry facilities and ice machines which comes in handy if you have there doing sports or with kids. To me this place has an Old Florida feel to it so don't expect and sleek contemporary look. Also like the fact the regular homes in Saddlebrook are NOT that cookie cutter design, where every house looks the same. Also the grounds are well maintained and love the walkway with the tall cypress trees.. but a little TLC is needed to the outside.ie. paint. I realize it is not a new resort and the weather is hard on wood in Florida so more upkeep is needed.We did not leave the property all weekend long. one side note, they do charge for valet parking $10-$15/night and not sure if it is for the whole property or not. supposedly there is also room service which we did not use. They also offer package deals if you play golf or tennis. I can't wait to go back

Room Tip: I believe there are room overlooking golf course , some more pool side, and other overlooking tennis...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Our room was a little old fashioned but the beds were wonderfull. Roomservice was excellent and so was the spa treatments.

Best of all was the tennis facilities and the academy in all. We got the best service and the professionells were very skilled. They even made sure that our little son could play tennis next to us on the courts and the professional who played with our son was the best!! (Thank you for your good heart and patience Brian..)

We would love to come back in the future!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Saddlebrook Resort and Tennis combines a complete family experience with worldclass tennis instruction. The staff is exceptional and the facilities top notch. The tennis academy has one of the best tennis programs in the country. The coaches are top notch and it is clear the structure has been in place for some time. I would highly recommend any family looking for a fun family vacation combined with high level tennis.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The resort was very nice. They did give us a $50 gift cert for the resort which we used at the steakhouse but even after they deducted the GC our bill for 2 came to $120.00 and I drank water and my husband had 2 beers.oh and No dessert. Very High priced but my 14oz sirloin was good but not worth $46...the menu was "ala carte" so your potato was separate.. $9.00 and salad was $7.99 anyway...service was excellent. Our suite was ok. The bed was very comfortable but the place had a very strong musty, moldy smell to it. We had a hornets nest over our stairway and I had to point it out to 2 different employees. Not sure if the took care of it or not. I did not like the fact that you "had to " valet park and of course $20 charge for that + tip.. It was a nice stay but we have stayed at nicer places that were of the same calibur not quite as pricey.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the $20 upcharge for a suite...can't imagine what a regular room looks like.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travellover290
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at the Saddlebrook while attending my nephew's wedding .The outside was older looking but the room was beautifull,plenty of room, 2 bedrooms each with a queenbed and bath,pull out couch and full Kitchen.The pool area was great.The DJ played all Labor Day weekend taking request from the kids,they had a ball.Drinks were good but pricy,bring your own food and drinks for the room,a 6 pack of beer is $24.00.The gators were friendly.With the room we got a $50.00 resort card,helped pay for drinks and food at the pool.We made it back to Kissimmee in less then 2 hours.We like the beach so unless there is another wedding we wont be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Considerate and responsive staff: Massive crowds of whining conventioneers would be a challenge for anyone and these kids kept their cool. I hope this is now 200 characters long. The gators were very meek.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We've been coming to Saddlebrook for years, and I've reviewed it before, but I did see that they were making some improvements, so I thought I'd write again. They are installing new walkway pavers along the pathways between the clusters, which look great. They are also installing new bannisters and stair rails that are metal instead of the wood. We stayed here to celebrate my 49th birthday and enjoyed a lovely afternoon by the super pool, which was not crowded. There was a DJ playing music, some water volleyball going on, and the pool bar and cafe were doing a good business (the BEST Pina Colada...ever...only at the pool bar - it's even different if you get one inside). We attended the free Saturday evening wine tasting which was very nice (suggestion - there were no tables on which to put our glasses and/or plates of cheese - that would have been nice). Then we went to Dempsey's for a fantastic dinner. One of my favorite meals of all time is their Chilean Sea Bass. The best I've ever had anywhere and always very consistent. My husband had the filet which he also enjoyed. The service is fabulous! Definitely a splurge, but in my opinion, worth it.

The room we had was a one bedroom suite. Very clean and well maintained. The bed is super comfortable! They had put the new balcony rails up and there was a nice high top table to sit at in the morning and sip coffee while watching the golfers. There's a room safe, bathrobes, iron and ironing board, umbrella, and lots of their wonderful smelling tea tree amenities. Also a regular hair dryer (not one of the wall mounted kind). I really enjoyed the room and would have loved to stay longer. The kitchen is fully furnished with whatever you might need to cook a meal. They will even do your grocery shopping for you. I did wish they had paper towels or a dish towel in the kitchen. But, we just used one of the hand towels from the bathroom to dry our dishes.

Both my husband's and my companies have used Saddlebrook for events before and they are always done extremely well. I even had my 40th b-day there with a group of girlfriends for a spa weekend. I highly recommend this resort and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Closer to the main building but not right next to the pool unless you don't mind the music from...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
#6 of 8 in Wesley Chapel

Been to Saddlebrook Resort Tampa? Share your experiences!