“Loved Saddlebrook!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
Virginia
“Loved Saddlebrook!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My daughter and I spent a week this summer with friends at Saddlebrook because of the kids' tennis program . Our 2Bdrm suite, with kitchen, was clean and nicely decorated. The desk staff, shops' employees, maid staff, restaurant staff, tennis, spa and fitness staff were all top notch. My daughter, a tournament player, received very worthwhile tennis instruction with noticeable growth in her tennis skills. The director and his staff monitored and evaluated players on a daily basis to fit them into the most appropriate groups and were willing to adjust their placement, as needed, in order to make the most of their time on the courts. I typically observed one coach on every court with no more than four players, so the kids were receiving a lot of individualized attention. . My daughter also received excellent diagnostic and theraputic care for her knees from their athletic trainer. The free adult tennis mini clinics were great fun and very helpful. I had an excellent spa treatment (massage and reflexology), reasonably priced, in their beautiful spa facility. I also enjoyed the fitness center with its good selection of equipment. There are a variety of on-site restaurants with delicious food, albeit some were very pricey. The tennis shop had a wide selection of tennis attire and the huge beautifully designed pool was a hit. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: You can choose rooms close to pool, golf course, fitness center, or tennis courts.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Hebrew first
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I was at the Resort for a conference and travel quite a bit. This resort has everything you need and more. The staff was great the food outstanding and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I have to say the beds were fantastic, one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in.

I will return with my family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I had to switch rooms at the beginning of my stay due to some mechanical problem and they put me in a room full of cockroaches not only after they cleared the dead ones from my room at night before I was about to go to sleep there were live cockroaches in the room crawling over me the tennis was amazing but this has ruined my stay do not come if you plan to spend a lot of times in the room.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Anyonomous
Southeast Georgia
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I am extremely picky and I tell the truth!
I loved that it was in a gated community so I felt safe! I am use to huge properties with hundereds to thousands of employees so this one was smaller but it was a wonderful experience. I will be returning!!!!
It was worth every penny staying there.. there are restaurants, in room dining, nearby establishments. The pools and jacuzzi were always working and in top conditon (unlike some places I have been). It was never over crowded so you felt like the place belonged to you. Housekeeping was awesome... We always had enough of everything and she did a fantastic job of making our room look beautiful! Some employees were not so enthused but they weren't rude. The managment staff there loves their job and really cares for their guest. The valet was nice and some were exceptional!! We always got a ride to our room and they were always quick to get my vehicle.
To anyone wanting to stay in a nice place in this area.. even if you have to travel and extra 30 minutes.. It is SO WORTH IT!!!!
I will be returning!!!

Room Tip: their site has awesome deals.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
hat1981
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed here for three days while my husband attended a conference there. After the first day, I developed dermatitis -- a VERY itchy skin condition -- that appeared on my hand. During my stay, it got much worse, spreading to my arms, legs and feet. I asked hotel staff if anyone else had any issues, and they said no (but based on the prior review, that was probably not the case). My doctor indicated that it could have been caused by bad chlorine concentrations in the pool (I used the smaller village pool) or other allergens in the bedding or the room.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We were at this resort for a one week family vacation. The accommodations are WAY over priced for what is provided, we paid 195$ a night for a 2/2 with a full kitchen. Our view off the back of our patio was a pond that looked like stagnant water and a mixture of dirt and grass. I have never stayed in a resort such as Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons that didn't at least offer complimentary coffee to their customers in the lobby, at Saddlebrook they expect you to pay $3 for a cup of coffee. During our stay the only restaurants open during the week was the most expensive one on the premises which consisted of the lounge area and the restaurant Dempsey's. One of the evenings during our stay my husband and I went out to pick up pizza's and bring back to our children in the room for their dinner, an elderly man standing out front said to me, "YOU CANNOT BRING THAT IN HERE!" Shortly after this we drove down to the football area where my son was attending a training session and the same little elderly man pulls up in his little red Mercedes, parks his car directly in front of ours on the grass and gets out yelling and waving his arms around in the air. This was apparently Mr. Dempsey the resort owner. We were told to remove our car from the grass immediately; we were also told that he could have us removed from the property that he was the owner! Shortly after this we began to have many problems associated with our son's and the facilities that were provided for them in the dormitories. Our son's were harassed about damages that had obviously occurred long before we arrived, we were told the rooms had been completely renovated and painted prior to the boy’s arrival 3 to 4 days into our stay. There were drywall patches and many, many scratches, writings etc. on the walls and it clearly was not painted prior to their arrival. The manager's of Saddlebrook and the head security officer did not handle this in an appropriate manner at all, terrible customer service to say the least. And last but not least I came down with some type of contact dermatitis my third day of our stay and my daughter ended up with ring worm 2 days later...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Sabskay
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed there with a team for a lacrosse tournament and it was a perfect location. Lots of space for the boys to move around and not bother others. Long walk (or shuttle) if at the far set of rooms but great service. Super friendly staff and very accommodating. Internet was sketchy when in rooms far from main hotel area. Golf course was almost empty and just started high season rates with no one on it, wished they would have encouraged play by lowering rates when no demand but otherwise great. Good fitness facilities, tennis and golf. Lovely walks

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
#7 of 8 in Wesley Chapel
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
Rodeway Inn of Wesley Chapel
#6 of 8 in Wesley Chapel

Been to Saddlebrook Resort Tampa? Share your experiences!