“Disappointing Steaks”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We've been going to this particular Outback location for 2-3 years and have not been disappointed until lately. The filet mignon was tough, filled with gristle and poorly cooked. Everything arrived lukewarm. Haven't been back since.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I went on a date night here recently. He also had a coupon for a free steak for donating blood. (Thank you, Outback.) He ordered a burger medium well without condiments on it. However, the burger arrived with them and instead of sending it back, he scraped them off. His meal, including his fries, was bland, as in no salt and pepper. On a very postive note, the free steak was a to-go order for the kids and the chefs chose to make it to order, and NOT when we placed the order, so it got to the kids in the to-go container hot and fresh. Kudos to them and our waitress. The potato soup was great, but my house salad was swimming in water (literally) and a slight amount of honey mustard dressing.

I ordered a 16oz medium rare prime rib, and it also lacked flavor, but was cooked the way I requested. The price is right up there with the more upscale restaurants, and I feel the lack of flavor is probably due to lack in quality of beef. It was
dry, certainly not due to salt because there wasn't any, and rosemary leaves, which were obviously dry and not fresh, were in the au jus.

The family enjoyed the to-go medium rare sirloin much more than the spouse and I enjoyed our in the restaurant dinners, inlcluding my "medium well" prefering spouse.

I recommend the house sirloin at this location.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Vegetables were over cooked and steak was tasteless. In the past things were much better. Could have been an off night with a different cook. But I don't want to return.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Eleven dollar's for a wedge/bleu cheese (main meal salad) brought back to the hotel and turned out to be a side salad times 3..that's expensive plus tip..and no forks.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

we had a very nice dinner, the steakes were prefect, the horseradish topping was great. nice atmosphere, very busy for a Thursday night!