“Great Food Great Service”
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Ranked #11 of 123 Restaurants in Wesley Chapel
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: phone 813-907-3068. In The Shops at Wiregrass (a mall)
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to Cantina Laredo at least a dozen times for regular dinner, birthdays, graduations, it is my family's favorite spot in Wesley Chapel. The service is usually excellent. The food is superb. It is a little pricier than other mexican restaurants in the area, but once you eat there, you will see why. The quality of the food is top notch. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

While shopping at the Wiregrass Mall, you have any number of choices for lunch or dinner. We were there at lunchtime, and wandered into Cantina Laredo. This upscale restaurant features a wonderful Tex-Mex menu.

Passing through the reception area, you enter an expansive dining room and bar. The space is separated into smaller areas by half-walls, which creates an intimate ambience without limiting the spaciousness of the room. The interior is shadowy, playing light wood finishes against black floors and fixtures, creating a sophisticated décor. The bar features floor to ceiling shelving in polished chrome to complete the high-tech effect.

Our waitress was friendly, and very capable. Drinks were served and refilled without asking. Each course was served at the proper time, in the proper sequence. They serve signature salsas and chips. The salsas are smoky-flavored, one spicy and one mild. The spicy has quite a kick to it. I highly recommend the Sopa de Tortilla. It’s thick and creamy, loaded with chicken. It seems a bit pricey at $6.49/cup, but it’s actually a bowl. So, I would figure the bowl is a complete meal. I moved on to the Chile Rellenos, stuffed with creamy cheese with an excellent sauce. Even the rice is exceptional. My partner had Enchiladas, one chicken, one beef, and was not disappointed. The accompanying refried beans were also creamy and made an excellent side dish.

Laredo is definitely a good place either to stop for a respite while shopping, or alone as a dining experience.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We tried this restaurant on my birthday as a group of 10 after being treated rudely at a nearby restaurant. When we explained the situation, they welcomed us in and made every effort to recover the night, even though they had not done anything at all! They really saved my birthday! The menu is very diverse, and delicious! Recommend starting with a margarita and guacamole prepared at the table the way you like it. We return again and again!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was shopping at the Wiregrass Mall the first year it opened. I wanted Mexican so decided to try this place. It was a one hour wait, so I hesitated to go there. I decided wait and just went to do a little more shopping. The hour passed very quickly at White House Black Market. I was so happy that had decided to wait. The food and service were amazing.
I have been here at least seven times since then and have always been very happy with my meal and the service. The Pork Carnitas are mine and my Dad's favorite dish!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went for Happy Hour on a Saturday afternoon. The margaritas were great! Free chips and salsa and then we shared some 1/2 price appetizers/tapas. The crevice is fresh, cold, and tasty. The steak flatbread was great. Didn't love the brisket tacos, a bit bland. But very reasonable prices at Happy Hour and we left full and satisfied. When at Wiregrass, we love Prime Bar for there wraps and burgers. But Cantina Laredo is a great choice if you're craving Mexican munches.