“Rushed play to accomodate outings”

Lexington Oaks Golf Club
Canton, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Rushed play to accomodate outings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We followed a group in a scramble. We waited on #2 and #3 for them. On # 6 starter told us to finish our round in 20 minutes so they could get a shotgun start off at 1. We were not slow. Houses here are right on top of the course so it's easy to hit a house or land in someone's yard. The wildlife was great...owls, great blue herons, nesting sandhill cranes, turtles, and more. The website for this course says upscale. Don't be deceived. It is very ordinary. We rented clubs which were caked with mud and the grips were nearly non-existent on the women's clubs. No towel to wipe them off was provided and when asked they didn't have one. The course was in good shape but rushed play, dirty clubs with lousy grips, made this a very mediocre experience. Course management needs to improve.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Stkate1

Tampa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A Bad Day At Lexington Oaks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Over the Christmas holidays both of my sons came to visit and we always play a round of golf together. It has become a Christmas tradition and this year we picked Lexington Oaks. I had not played there in a while and always liked to course. We made a 1:45 tee time. My oldest son is an active Air Force officer and came straight from his base to Tampa and could not bring his clubs. I figured that he could ride with me and we would share my clubs (no big deal). I was informed upon arrival that club policy forbade that. I was not happy but I agreed to rent a set of clubs for him. But the way I was told was "You can rent clubs or you can go somewhere else to play". Not very cool. As we went to the 1st tee a group of 4 guys came off of #18 and hopped on #1 ahead of us. No starter to be found so that delayed our start. We had a decent round until we got to #14 where the starter drove up and informed us that after we finished #14 we would have to leave the course due to darkness. It was 5:05 PM and we had plenty of daylight left so we protested. We were told that due to safety reasons we had to leave. We played #15 anyway and then left. So, this was not the day that I had planned with my two sons. I went to the Lex Oaks website and wrote to the owner to explain what had happened on his course and received an e-mail from the GM explaining that we were totally wrong and his staff did everything according to their protocols. Again, I get it and I was not expecting anything and that is exactly what I got. So, my weekly golf dollars will go elsewhere as there are plenty of other choices in the area. I am just writing this to alert others that if you have a problem do not expect their management to do anything.

Visited December 2013
7 Thank Barry W
Land O Lakes, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good limited menu!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I hold a free travel club here the 2nd Monday evening every month, and the members all come in and eat before the presentation. Hubby loves the wings, and I love the salads and wraps.Usually there is a special. Fresh!

Visited December 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Underrated!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The course is in awesome shape this year! Only bad thing is it can get a bit backed up and I don't feel the course manages their groups as best as they could when they know they will be busy.

Visited November 2013
Tampa, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Must play”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This course is in great condition. Very respectful staff and very well kept golf douse. One of the best courses of the Tampa area and within a very respectful budget. This is a round that you will enjoy!

Visited November 2013